ANNOUNCEMENT Fleet Carriers Update - BETA BLOWOUT

Are you actually positive. I can't outfit mine, and I'm one jump in any of my owned ships, and the fleet carrier from the system I bought it and I can't outfit additional services.
Correct, you cannot make any changes or even purchase any outfitting outside an admin system. You can't even change services you have bought, only disable them.
Huh, odd. I bought mine in Skeggiko O, but it spawned in LHS 2435. Despite that, I was still able to outfit it through the carrier vendor in Skegg, without actually having to be on the carrier.
Try jumping your carrier into a nearby system, then going to the selling station and try to outfit it using the original vendor. That might help. If not, you might want to relog and submit a bug report.

Are you actually positive. I can't outfit mine, and I'm one jump in any of my owned ships, and the fleet carrier from the system I bought it and I can't outfit additional services.

This is what I suspected might happen, in the great scheme of things there aren't that many slots available per system for carriers. It's fine outside the bubble but any admin systems and popular system are going to be flooded, either accidentally or on purpose. In theory this is why FDEV introduced decommissioning, but that takes so long it's utterly pointless for any individual player waiting to get into a system. What they need to to is to make any system withing say 50ly of an admin system as a system where you can change services and that might work, but there's still going to be issues when FC's go live with popular but not admin systems.

Hopefully this is the lesson the blowout teaches FDEV.

I am seeing on Discords that people are trying periodically and the queues are slowly clearing, someone just got in at Ehlanda.

But yes, let us outfit from anywhere, base extra cost on distance from the office if you want but this is an arbitrary restriction that has caused a problem that didn't need to happen, and once again given new buyers an instantly bad experience.

Last edited:
Huh, odd. I bought mine in Skeggiko O, but it spawned in LHS 2435. Despite that, I was still able to outfit it through the carrier vendor in Skegg, without actually having to be on the carrier.
Try jumping your carrier into a nearby system, then going to the selling station and try to outfit it using the original vendor. That might help. If not, you might want to relog and submit a bug report.

You just went to the system in one of your ships and outfitted the carrier that way? Am I understanding you correctly?

This post lists the vendor and some of the admin systems. There are many. Most people are sat in Vendor systems, and the Admin systems are pretty quiet.

Good to know the admin systems are quiet. Thanks for the update, that would be the way to go then.

You just went to the system in one of your ships and outfitted the carrier that way? Am I understanding you correctly?
That would be false. It's not letting me despite the steps given ... Okay..... They need to fix this.... And fast.
Another Quick correction: Yes, that's exactly how I outfitted mine, but I may have accidently mentioned that I did it through the vendor, when the correct step is just go to "carrier management" in your right hand panel, and do it from their. Not sure if you have to be docked at the selling system or not, but I was, so, IDK...

Another Quick correction: Yes, that's exactly how I outfitted mine, but I may have accidently mentioned that I did it through the vendor, when the correct step is just go to "carrier management" in your right hand panel, and do it from their. Not sure if you have to be docked at the selling system or not, but I was, so, IDK...

Interesting that players have had such varying experiences. Thanks for the feedback. Looks like only the vendor systems are full and most of the admin systems are good so either way people can use those.

Well on the plus side. I jumped to bilfrost.... However I missed my flight to Bilfrost because I couldn't land in time before the lockdown. I did get a look at the awesome effect of jumping. But at least I can jump 60 LY per jump on my ship. So shouldn't be hard to catch up with it

Will there be a reset for this new phase of beta ? Cause I haven't joined beta so far, and my character is away from the bubble, and therefore I'd like to know if I should try going back to the bubble before the "beta blowout" or if it's a waste of time.
just load the beta, self-destruct your ship and go buy a fleet carrier I guarantee you will be disappointed after about 4 hours.

Pity after buying fleet carrier & taking it bk to agartha u can't install modules required for the 100 credit's
This needs fixing

Will the Fleet Carrier remain property of the commanders who have purchased them during the Beta, or will they be removed and need to be re-purchased when they are fully released?

Will the Fleet Carrier remain property of the commanders who have purchased them during the Beta, or will they be removed and need to be re-purchased when they are fully released?
They will be removed and need to be re-purchased when they are fully released. Nothing carries over from beta to the live servers.

Nothing you do in the Beta will carry over to the actual game. The FC doesn't exist there. All your initial credits remain there. Your ship reverts back to where you left it. And all this is easy to test: simply log on to the actual game after playing the Beta for awhile then check your ship and credit status.

This is a mess !! Only 2 systems with FC administration and both are 'full' ! How come FDev did not anticipate this and open up more systems with FC admin ?
Because Nuenets and Skeggiko O have 'no free slots', it means FC's can't be jumped back there. That means no modifications to your FC. Genius !!
A very short-sighted error imo.

This is a mess !! Only 2 systems with FC administration and both are 'full' ! How come FDev did not anticipate this and open up more systems with FC admin ?
Because Nuenets and Skeggiko O have 'no free slots', it means FC's can't be jumped back there. That means no modifications to your FC. Genius !!
A very short-sighted error imo.
There are way more than two admin systems.

What's the point? For most players the final FC will be too expensive or tedious to own. It can be useful to see how people use a FC and if the servers can handle it.
They will also get a chance to see if they are worth saving up for or not too. Could be reasonably important.

Top Bottom