Fleet Carriers will cost some credits, so don't waste your time on the forum!

You can compensate forum time by buying ARX for real money in the Frontier Store. 500 lightyears-jump for 10 Pounds, as far as I have heard.

If it turns out to be what's advertised, it looks like it will be just what I've been wanting for quite some time now.

I generally look to work a given area where I work on system at a time to become allied with all factions in the system. The big obstacle for me is always moving the multiple ships I want to have available when I get to a new system. The Fleet Carrier as described looks like it will be exactly what I've been waiting for. With a 500LY jump range, I should be able to load all the ships I want/need and move them to my next area of operations without having to use my DBX to quickly get where I want and then transfer the ships to a shipyard. This also seems great for now having your ships available even if you want to work a system that only has Oupost(s) and/or planet bases.

Opens up a lot of convenience and flexibility that seems ideal for my needs and my current play style.

I like to park in a system, get allied quickly and do a variety of mission types.

So, yeah - I'm all for it.

Grinding credits...

If it turns out to be what's advertised, it looks like it will be just what I've been wanting for quite some time now.

I generally look to work a given area where I work on system at a time to become allied with all factions in the system. The big obstacle for me is always moving the multiple ships I want to have available when I get to a new system. The Fleet Carrier as described looks like it will be exactly what I've been waiting for. With a 500LY jump range, I should be able to load all the ships I want/need and move them to my next area of operations without having to use my DBX to quickly get where I want and then transfer the ships to a shipyard. This also seems great for now having your ships available even if you want to work a system that only has Oupost(s) and/or planet bases.

Opens up a lot of convenience and flexibility that seems ideal for my needs and my current play style.

I like to park in a system, get allied quickly and do a variety of mission types.

So, yeah - I'm all for it.

Grinding credits...
Fair enough, but I don't understand how owning a FC will allow you to be allied more quickly and more easily with factions. When you dock at a starport and you accept a mission to be done with another ship you still need to go to your FC and swap ship. When all ships are docked at the same starport you can directly swap there, so it's faster.

i think 20 billion grind tokens should be enough to unlock the new grind token requirements.

in NMS you can get your carrier for free...and upgrade to better ones as you progress. Just sayin.

i think 20 billion grind tokens should be enough to unlock the new grind token requirements.

in NMS you can get your carrier for free...and upgrade to better ones as you progress. Just sayin.
20B no way... I'm not going that far... FC are not such worthy. It's just a new toy, nothing more than that.

I think FCs will cost more than some credits. I'd be so bold as to speculate the cost will be many credits.

Last edited:
I will go on a huge exploration trip - one of those when you forget your own name and start to hear voices

When i come back i will haul 12 cutter loads for sirius, wait for thursday and BOOM 💥 multi-billionaire

nothing can go wrong ... in solo 😅
Literally doing that now!!!

Actually i've decided to save it for when they are available (with my over 2 billion credits).

Would probably be a bit of a let down if i just went straight to the menu and bought one day of. It was nice when you had to earn money for your first ship. Anyone remember how you saved for your first python pre gamer noobs ho days? That was great.

(ps don't scoff even at those days. robigo was a mammoth effort, and if you wanted to take it easier you had to know short / medium range systems you could stack from, you had to earn the right via in bubble exploration to get your few million per run).

Actually i've decided to save it for when they are available (with my over 2 billion credits).

Would probably be a bit of a let down if i just went straight to the menu and bought one day of. It was nice when you had to earn money for your first ship. Anyone remember how you saved for your first python pre gamer noobs ho days? That was great.

(ps don't scoff even at those days. robigo was a mammoth effort, and if you wanted to take it easier you had to know short / medium range systems you could stack from, you had to earn the right via in bubble exploration to get your few million per run).

Hell yeah , robigo was a damn 30 jump run for me. Did a few runs back when smuggling was still in its infancy and tge youtube videos showing line up slots , firing off heatsinks etc .. when all you had to do was gun it full throttle for the scan dodge with none of the other faff.

Well I've got little over three billion in the bank, if two billion ain't enough then I'll pass.
They seem cool but so far no signs of actual functionality, if that changes then I might adjust the ammount of credits I want to spend.
I would like to have an explorer mobile base but 500ly isn't that much per jump, if the jumpfuel turns out to be a grind or you can only jump once a day then the costs or effort don't justify it's functionality as an exploration vessel imho.

Top Bottom