Fleet Carriers

Really excited about the upcoming Fleet Carrier release, however I have some concerns, it is obviously for individual commanders to purchase, but at what price? Its much easier if you been playing for 10 years to have that huge amount of credits built up, but if you just started couple years ago or less than how long is it going to take to accumulate that kind of wealth, thus not so easy for new commanders.

P.S Just an Idea, for those of us that havent been playing for many years, why Don't we have a banking system in the Game. Why can we not borrow from a Bank controlled either by Fed/Empire based on Allied status with that faction, and than pay it back on monthly basis kind like a car payment, miss a few and they come and repossess it. I think this would be a great feature for the game as a whole, that could be put to many uses.

Go read the news section its all been binned for six months and virtualy every thing they said could be scrapped and started again...
A PFC is due for release but it may not be any thing like the past info released now... Last time they delayed it, it was completely changed yet again...
from SFC and made to PFC... an theres nothing to stop them moving it yet again... another 6 months...

Last edited:
I think a base model carrier will be around the 2 billion mark. Then billions more for the add ons. I also think add one will be as basic as landing pads.

Making money is not hard. I started playing in May and have 2.6 billion credits and 6 billion assests.

As far as in game loans are concerned, what's to stop someone from taking a loan, buying what they want and then leaving the game? They want people to play so I would imagine a loan system won't ever happen.

Really excited about the upcoming Fleet Carrier release, however I have some concerns, it is obviously for individual commanders to purchase, but at what price? Its much easier if you been playing for 10 years to have that huge amount of credits built up, but if you just started couple years ago or less than how long is it going to take to accumulate that kind of wealth, thus not so easy for new commanders.

P.S Just an Idea, for those of us that havent been playing for many years, why Don't we have a banking system in the Game. Why can we not borrow from a Bank controlled either by Fed/Empire based on Allied status with that faction, and than pay it back on monthly basis kind like a car payment, miss a few and they come and repossess it. I think this would be a great feature for the game as a whole, that could be put to many uses.

This CMDR needs to be told about Void Opel/Painite mining....

o7

To my knowledge the only information is under 20 billion Credits.
My personal guess is a base model from 2 to 5 GCr with upgrades bringing it up to 10 GCr.
Easiest ways to get money are mining and scanning earth type and terraformable planets.

thx dydd37 will do, im not new to game, but all my credits are from transport missions. Offcourse they nerfed those but I still make decent money doing out soursing missions. it es me off that so much can be made from mining, yet mining alone is not sufficient to maintain the stations, or it shouldn't anyway. yet they have nerfed transport missions to pay crap, not balanced at all. All I do is save so I have a decent amount in credits and ships but I feel that it wont be enough. Just bought a cutter and in the process of building it for mining but new to mining. Also must say ive done all the guardian stuff and its absolutely worthless. As for thargoid Tech, ive done some but they went and nerfed the probes so that was that.

I know you can get thargoid probes in other ways but that's not the point, it should be as easy for us to get them as it was for those that been playing long time. Stop nerfing crap, make the game as enjoyable for everyone not harder. that's all for now :)

It would be nice if we had to earn a carrier rather then just go and buy one, but with mining credits is easy to come by, i've been playing for only a month, and i reached 1 billion credits in my first week of playing solo.

well I been reading all the forums about fleet carriers, some say they can spend 150 billion and not break a sweat, lol if that's the case I think they need a wife/girl friend cause they obviously dont have a life. As for opal mining, im about rdy to try it, but for the couple years I ve been playing ive done mostly cargo missions and built up my reputation with fed/Empire. However they nerfed cargo missions I guess because they though they were paying too much? what nonsense. So I guess Opal mining is the thing nowadays, come on! lets be realistic, how many opals do stations actually need? and how long before those get nerfed. Its not likely that stations can survive on opals alone, and that's why I had a issue with them nerfing cargo missions. If you maxed out in reputation with all factions in the system and yet missions only pay 1-2 million that's ridiculous.
Who came up with this bright idea ?

I have no problem with opals paying so much, but cargo missions should pay better also, I remember they used to:)
I think the problem is the economy type at your station. Try becoming allied in an extraction economy station and look out for 180t palladium delivery missions.

Top Bottom