Focused Feedback - Fleet Carrier Owners

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Why can't we donate to our own market inventory to replenish stock?
You can, although it takes a bit of searching to find it!

Go to Inventory tab in the right panel, and up the top is a new item "Transfer". This will allow you to transfer cargo to the carrier which it can then sell, once you have set up the option to allow it to do so.

If you honestly think that allowing some players to claim first discovered while 20,000 ly from the bubble will make no difference at all to the status quo then I really don't know what I could say to convince you otherwise. So, lets just agree to disagree on this.
We're not as far apart generally as this exchange would probably suggest but to clarify that comment, the status quo as it stands today is this:

I visit an untagged system 30,000LY from Sol, fully scan and map it. Off I go to my next system thinking about how sweet my tag is going to look on that bad boy. Five minutes later, a commander who scanned it six months ago whilst on a circumnavigation hands in his data at Colonia. We'd all (I think) say that's entirely right and proper since the other commander did actually discover it first, which is after all what the tag saying.

When I get back to the bubble six months later, I hand in my data mid-afternoon. Not only do I not get the tag above, I also don't get the one for a system I scanned 1,500 LY ouside the bubble yesterday because a short-haul explorer who was doing a 3,000 LY loop scanned it this morning and handed his data in at lunchtime. In thst scenario I actually discovered the system first, yet I don't get my tag.

Thing is, in both cases I have no actual idea of the circumstances that have determined why I didn't get those two tags. I only know that I didn't.

Carriers having UC would not change that one iota. Explorers only claim anything when they hand the data in and the fact that a particular player with a carrier might happen to scan one of the same 400 billion stars that I did and beat me to the punch by handing in his data faster is no different to the scenarios above. The fact that someone else might beat me to a tag is something I accepted before I built my first 30LY Asp and set off on what felt like an epic journey to the Hind Nebula. :D

If you worry about that happening as an explorer there's really no point in going at all because it's completely out of our control in the live game as it is today. That is what I mean by maintaining the status quo.

Edit: ninja'd hard by @Xenia_K

My gameplay style is Exploration and would love to have a mobile base to explore the galaxy without ever needing to return to the bubble. The weekly cost is too high in my opinion especially without the ability to sell my data. Also the jump timer is too long. I would prefer 15 spin up and 15 cooldown, or a 30 minute total however it's split. I also would like the ability to disable the market as I wouldnt use it while exploring. If I could sell my data, afford the weekly upkeep with a shipyard to store ships, the storage for mats and maybe refueling off that data so maybe idkkk 15mil per week, respawn at the station and move the ship more often I would love this feature.

well, I suppose an open letter by more then 4000 active Cdrs is less legit than single-player ranting ? sarcasm off
Of course! (just kidding)… however in this case it doesn't matter as they both agree in their criticism of the FC game mechanics. :)

I gotta say, having read this and other threads on FC, I keep reaching the same sad conclusion:

• From a player's POV FC have more problems than the first settlers.
  • FD should withdraw FC for now and have a big rethink (drastic but so necessary).
  • Why didn't FD just make a mother-F big ship that you can dock-on to, fly and store your ships on. Expensive to buy, expensive to outfit, normal mechanics re modules (maybe some new must have special modules), outfitting, rebuy, etc. Must however have an NPC crew cos it's so big (which is the running cost). Obviously too big for the mail slot so some means of using starport services remotely, but not differently.
In the end FD tried to re-invent the wheel and ended up with some weird ship/starport mutant combo. Sorry, FD (really) but that is my honest opinion. Not just having a go at the team. However, as FD are pretty much committed to the current implementation and the above things are not going to happen, I'll try to offer some constructive comments. From the threads and other sources, these are the biggies:

• The upkeep costs. What can I say, this issue has been widely and soundly criticised by pretty much everyone. Just an obscene amount needed to run a carrier.
  • Decommissioning. Has the person who thought of this been fired yet? :) Should be 5%.
  • Default services. Just weird choice. Ship (storage), refuel, rearm, repair should be the core. No brainer really.
  • Refuelling mechanic. Nope, just not going to work for most. Too expensive (buy), too time consuming (mining).
  • Jumping. Where to start, cool-down/spool up way too long and uses way too much fuel - need 5-6 jump range on demand using full tank.
  • Exploration (or ex-bubble). DOA, just no way to effectively use FC outside the bubble (addressing the above dots points may change this).

There are a lot of smaller issues around the above, but I think addressing these items would at least make FC a realistic choice for players.

Last edited:
sorry, but that risk you always run, and with some 5 Mio ly on my speedo (over three accounts) I have experienced that as well myself. Some lucky Guys reported highly interesting systems, which I discovered first, earlier then I did return - bad luck, but thats life ;)
So Sir, no, nothing would change at all if FC had UC available!
Except; If you had an FC with UC, you would have had those systems.

Fleet Carrier Mk.II

Primary Design Goal: Credit Sink
Secondary Design Goal: Player Social Hub

Primary Design Goal Mechanics:

1. Single-payment game-currency transactions in exchange for unlocking carrier gameplay and subsequent automation features.
  2. Carrier feature usage requirements in order to avoid feature removal.
    1. Additional single-payment game-currency transactions to restore removed automation features.
    2. Optional single-payment game-currency transactions to forestall or prevent feature removal.

Secondary Design Goal Mechanics:

1. Provision of game-loop-required services to players by carrier owners
  2. Carrier-owner control over cost and variety of game-loop-required services.
  3. Opportunity for players to contribute to provision of services.
  4. Cooperative gameplay for players and owners to support the carrier.

Execution of Primary Design Goal Mechanics:

Purchases
  1. Initial Carrier Purchase: Large initial outlay of game-currency to unlock the carrier gameplay loop.
  2. Upgrade Purchases: Multiple, potentially repetitive Moderate to Large outlays to unlock automation within the carrier gameplay loop.
    1. Track with familiar existing game expenditure structures (i.e. piloted-ship upgrade costs are single-digit multiples of piloted-ship hull costs)
    2. Owners will “lose” modules and the carrier due to disuse or neglect, but will be able to restore modules and the carrier with an additional one-time outlay. (i.e. similar to the familiar armor and paint job mechanics)
    3. Tier the effectiveness of modules to allow for “upgrading the upgrades” via additional purchases.
    4. Purchase consumable stock from existing starports via familiar cargo runs and eventually allow bulk automatic deliveries.
    5. Purchase durable stock from existing starports via familiar shipyard mechanics and eventually allow bulk automatic deliveries.
Usage
  1. Require escalating thresholds of transaction volumes to maintain services.
  2. Owners have the choice to subsidize the module’s volume via a recurring one-time game-currency outlay.
  3. Give credit to owners for service usage by NPC ships that dock while any player is occupying a carrier instance (pro-rated by the number of instances of that carrier that are open, i.e. there is only one "real" carrier even if a dozen instances are open)
  4. Unmet usage threshold requirements eventually results in service suspension.
  5. Suspension can be removed via one-time game-currency outlay.

Secondary Design Goal Mechanics:

1. Carrier owners initially manage any aspects of carrier operation manually
    1. Manually transferring supplies to the carrier by owner-piloted ship.
    2. Buying consumables (fuel, ammo, shield cell banks charges, etc...) at full price at starports, then transferring them to the carrier supply stock via “stock” button on the commodity trader screen.
    3. Redeeming bounties/vouchers/etc. and then manually ferrying them to an Interstellar Factors location.
    4. Purchase ships and modules and ferry them to the carrier for resale via a “transfer to carrier and offer for sale” button on the shipyard screen and a “transfer to carrier and offer for sale” button on the “store multiple” screen of the outfitter.
  2. Carrier owners can choose which services to provide by stocking the proper commodities and setting the prices – and choosing which services to automate.
    1. If sufficient quantities are unavailable, the service will be reddened to the visiting players.
    2. Carrier owners will set a desired buy or sell price within a window that marginally exceeds available in-game differentials (e.g. the Li Yong Rui ship and module discounts, Founders’ World, etc…)
    3. Automation will unlock the option to set a premium AND discount to Galactic Average as well as handle the purchase and sale of consumables and durables
  3. Players can join owners in support and upkeep of carrier modules by taking “wing missions” to resupply.
    1. While in a wing with a carrier owner, the player will see the “transfer to carrier for sale” option in the appropriate screens, effectively allowing wingmates to donate ships, modules, commodities and consumables to the carrier.
    2. Buying consumables and durables, turning in vouchers and bounties, etc. will contribute to the carrier owner’s finances to enable purchase of improved modules and maintain the required upkeep thresholds.
  4. Players and owners will collaborate on priorities for stock depending on missions and location, and work together to purchase the module upgrades they deem most relevant to their gameplay.
    1. Automating the operation of repairs, redemptions, etc., will allow owners to provide the services to a progressively wider range of players (i.e. an owner might manually equip a friends group, automatically equip a squadron with a first-tier module, and automatically equip all players with a second-tier module)
    2. Participating in carrier-based operations as a player should provide a path for carrier ownership by the player (i.e. should allow the player to aggressively tackle preferred gameplay loops to earn the initial outlay).
    3. Owners who “max out” their carrier should be available to mentor and coach players who want to own carriers (i.e. the upgraded automated modules will give the owners more free time)

.. the status quo as it stands today is this:
I visit an untagged system 30,000LY from Sol, fully scan and map it. Off I go to my next system thinking about how sweet my tag is going to look on that bad boy. Five minutes later, a commander who scanned it six months ago whilst on a circumnavigation hands in his data at Colonia. We'd all (I think) say that's entirely right and proper since the other commander did actually discover it first, which is after all what the tag saying.
And yet, if you had an FC with UC you would have snaked him.

When I get back to the bubble six months later, I hand in my data mid-afternoon. Not only do I not get the tag above, I also don't get the one for a system I scanned 1,500 LY ouside the bubble yesterday because a short-haul explorer who was doing a 3,000 LY loop scanned it this morning and handed his data in at lunchtime. In thst scenario I actually discovered the system first, yet I don't get my tag.
And yet, if you had an FC with UC you would have.

Thing is, in both cases I have no actual idea of the circumstances that have determined why I didn't get those two tags. I only know that I didn't.
You didn't get them because you didn't have an FC with UC ;) Seriously tho, in both the scenario's described, had one commander (you) had an FC with UC the outcome would have flipped. And.. this is what I've been trying to say; by having the advantage of turning things in earlier, you make it more likely that it's you that gets them.

Sure, someone can still beat you to it (we can all come up with a scenario) but it gets less likely with an FC with UC.

Carriers having UC would not change that one iota. Explorers only claim anything when they hand the data in ..
Hold on a minute. If you have a carrier with UC then you can hand data in sooner. So, you can claim things sooner. Or.. are you imagining the carrier only holds the data until the commander gets back to the bubble to hand it in?

If you worry about that happening as an explorer there's really no point in going at all because it's completely out of our control in the live game as it is today.
Nothing is certain, but it's more certain with an FC with UC than not.

We can quibble over how much difference it makes, but it seems fairly clear (to me) that it does make some difference. Right?

Even owning a carrier won't ensure you get the first discovered bonus if people are tagging along to explore with you--a common occurrence if you want to go anywhere that's not in the immediate vicinity of the bubble.

For the sake of argument, at the cost of 2mil per jump plus upkeep, shouldn't the strength of a carrier be to be able to increase the odds of that first discovered bonus?

But, if it is that big of a deal, then equip carriers with a data storage module, so you can store exploration data to turn whenever you decide to return.

I do find it odd that carriers can be equipped with the two services traders and bounty hunters require, but can't be equipped with the one service explorers need.

But, I'm getting ahead of myself. This whole line of thought is irrelevant if fleet carriers are too slow to be of use to explorers in the first place. Decrease the cooldowns for the jumps and increase the carrier's range so that a 4-6 hour, no-mining-required colonia ferry run is viable if you've stocked the tank and hold with nothing but tritium. That's the speed carriers need to be of use to explorers in the first place. Carriers can already jump anywhere within the bubble for the other professions, so I think that modest speed for carriers isn't a big ask when it comes to exploration.

Here is hoping for the range increase so I can run a bubble-to-colonia ferry service. I tested the neutron star boost and made sure that was useful so here I am doing the same thing after fdev seems to be overlooking the same things. It's what I'm here for, commanders o7.

Last edited:
First Impressions.

1. This is a personal fleet carrier. I should be able to transfer my ships to the carrier without having to spend $500 million credits to install a shipyard that I don't want.

2. The upkeep costs associated with the added services is ridiculously high. Base upkeep cost is OK.

3. In the carrier management menu, if I have a tab selected and then move my mouse over another tab, I can't see what the other tabs are. If no tabs are selected then hovering
the mouse over the tabs pops up a description of what the tab does.

4. Credit/Amount adjustments: Changing the amount of credits to transfer to/from the ship or changing the price/quantity of a commodity takes way too long. Have you tried
transferring a few billion credits to a carrier? It takes 10's of minutes.

5. Mining Tritium takes way too long. 50 tons an hour is not an acceptable way to refuel a carrier. It would be really cool to be able to outfit a ship with a fuel scoop, a refinery,
and a bunch of fuel tanks to be able to scoop/refine Tritium and other gasses from stars, after all, tritium is an isotope of hydrogen. If it were set up so that tritium could only
be mined from star class X and it would take about 30 minutes to mine 500 tons of tritium, I think that would be better than the current options of getting tritium.

6. I like that a carrier uses 1 ton of fuel per light year of jump range and not all 500 tons per jump. The cool down and spool up times are a bit long though.

7. The robotic announcements and comms chatter are great.

8. It would be nice if we were able to engineer the ships. Longer jump range. Reduced fuel usage. Defensive weapons.

And yet, if you had an FC with UC you would have snaked him.
And if he'd had one...

I'm not doing the whole post, sorry it's late, but on this:

Hold on a minute. If you have a carrier with UC then you can hand data in sooner. So, you can claim things sooner. Or.. are you imagining the carrier only holds the data until the commander gets back to the bubble to hand it in?
I'm not advocating for me to be the only special commander with a UC, so any 'before' argument has to consider 'before who?' So is the argument here that a ship that will cost around 6 billion, plus another 6 billion a year to run if you want repair, restock, refuel, ships and outfitting, shouldn't provide any advantage?

Other than in extreme edge cases the range isn't really significant out in the black (amazingly at 500LY it's just enough to jump pretty much anywhere in the bubble with one jump, who'd have thought it!) its speed of travel is certainly no advantage - if I want to get somewhere fast I have an Anaconda that can do 10,000LY an hour in a neutron field and extended bursts of 150LY jumps anywhere. What's left?

Bear in mind here, I'm not someone who's going to rush out on day one and buy one. I could just about buy one if I sold a load of ships but I could only run it for about a fortnight with what I'd have left 😁

To be absolutely clear about this though, the advantage to me would be convenience and a way to pay down part of the carrier's absurd operating costs. It would not be anything to do with 'beating' someone to a tag because I (and the vast majority of explorers I've seen comment one way or the other) do not view it as a competitive process to begin with.

We can quibble over how much difference it makes, but it seems fairly clear (to me) that it does make some difference. Right?
For exploration, I think the scale of the endeavour makes any impact from UCs on a carrier absolutely minimal. Given the tiny amount of the galaxy that's been explored, overlaps are rare - I've handed in the best part of 2,000 systems worth of data recently and I've had somewhere around 50 that someone else had claimed. That's around 2.5% and when you bear in mind that I flew through Sag A*, Colonia and then out to Beagle, you can all but guarantee that the overlaps were around those choke points.

For all I know, every one of them was handed in by someone who scanned them after me and I simply do not care. Equally I may have sniped them from someone. There's no way for me to know and feeling bad about something that you can't prevent, affect, or even know has happened, is pointless. That's exploration. That's how it goes. It would still be how it went with UC on carriers.

I also have to point out that given the very low chance of overlaps to begin with, you'd have more cases of a player preventing themselves being gazumped on a system which they did actually discover by handing the data in, as you would of a player having a discovery snatched away from them by an evil carrier pilot. That would be particularly true since there are already players talking about operating carriers as a series of deep space facilities with permanent, known locations. UC on board with a tariff set, usable freely by any pilot docking there, would be a boon to all explorers. You can't look at it solely in terms of a single Commander hoovering up systems, it's a wider topic than that.

Not that there would be 'hoovering' of anything anyway since the speed of exploration itself won't change at all. The speed of exploration (as opposed to travel) is of course the same for all ships. I can discover things at exactly the same rate in an FDL as I can in a tricked-out Anaconda.

Last edited:
So I've been thinking about the issues with using FC's for exploration. Considering they want to make them "dynamic" and "versatile" to the role they are fit for and have a fitting capable of being potentially useful in any role. Would it not make sense to have some kind of "Deep Exploration" module that either increases the jump range, decreases the jump times, or both? It would in theory remove one of the other slots, say the market, since a market in deep space should be a real chore and not made easy by a super module. It would also take a crew and upkeep, this of course compounds the issue of upkeep cost and the fact that exploration is the only activity that has no way currently to obtain the funds to upkeep the FC while doing said activity.

When it comes to the aforementioned upkeep issue that seems like a relative no-brainer, put in the UC. Okay, so take a cut of the UC pay from the cmdr for the "long range transmission" of the data, most of us don't do exploration for the dank credits, we do it for the dank discoveries and views. If we were doing it for the dank credits, we wouldn't be doing it, because as it stands exploration is not really lucrative as a credit maker. However, if I can send a bounty voucher 60,000 ly and receive the payment, what valid reason can you give other than purposely not making long range, long term exploration with an FC possible for not putting in the UC?

Last edited:
Except; If you had an FC with UC, you would have had those systems.
absolute nonsense!
Could be me, could be one of the other 10-200 Cdrs traveling together with me on my FC, could be anyone else using a different carrier, could be someone who just returned to Explorers Anchorage, Colonia, the Bubble after a conventional long trip - who cares? Mate, there are 400 Bio. System to discover and You are afraid someone takes one from You ? ridicoulous

whats the next step? XBOX and PS are not allowed to play ED cause they can hand in "Your" scans before You and run less risk of beeing ganked upon return?

After using a FC for a few days, it's becoming obvious that the only way to keep it running is to mine at Borann to get enough credits to pay the upkeep and but enough Tritium to move once in a while.

Fuel collection/consumption just is too time consuming and costly.

I want to have a FC so it makes it easier for me to do all manner of things I want to do. It's of no use if it requires all my game time to keep it running. At 147mil upkeep plus the cost of Tritium every time I want to jump, I need to earn at least 200Mil/week before I can do other stuff besides Borann mining and Robigo Passenger Missions.

Additionally the Commodities market needs to have buy and sell for commodities I want to trade to be practical.

Bug: If the Carrier Services screen is open, the side panel screen keys get disabled. Closing the main menu center screen, restores menu movement on the side panels.

I'm still gaining familiarity with everything, but what works and doesn't depending on when you're at a Carrier admin system is a bit vague. Also. I can't find any of the admin systems in the Gal Map.

I'm assuming only the purchase systems are operational and functional ???

I'm good with no UC - if your out exploring from a FC, your ability to survive and repair and outfit should be significantly enhanced, assuming that adjustments are made to the re-fuel and jump frequency issues.

The FC really needs to be able to travel at a decent pace if it's going to be a reasonable exploration asset. Jump spool up time needs to be lower and the cool down phase also needs to be more reasonable.

I can easily travel 500LY using a 50LY capable ship @ 1 min per jump, meaning it won't take more than 10 mins to travel 500LY in a reasonably equipped exploration ship.

So 3KLY per hour is quite doable in a ship. Maybe the right answer is to have a bigger fuel tank with better fuel efficiency, as well as lower Tritium costs in the bubble.

If I can get out 9 - 10KLY in 3 hours before I have to buy or mine for more fuel, I would use an FC for exploration and travel. That's pretty reasonable considering all it can do once I arrive at my destination.

Any less than that and it's just a bubble taxi.

The 25k units cap seems a bit restrictive, but I still need more time to determine that more accurately.

HTH

Last edited:
Well i cannot say that i have participated in the beta.
Want to know why?
5.000.000.000 Price to buy is too high nevertheless i would have enough ingame money, but what makes this whole thing completely ridiculous are the weekly/monthly costs.
Keep them FC where they are, I dont need them anymore.
Useless to say that frontier developments will never again see only one bloody Euro from me.
This forum is for Fleet Carrier Owners. Take your broke azz to the Fleet Carrier Visitors forum.

whats the next step? XBOX and PS are not allowed to play ED cause they can hand in "Your" scans before You and run less risk of beeing ganked upon return?
...and since the chance of being ganked in one of the three game modes is zero and I've heard of about five cases of it happening in one of the thousands of private groups in four years, we can just scratch the last point right now, the chance of being ganked for anybody only exists if they specifically choose to allow it.

Last edited:
While the carrier is counting down to jump, the announcement that says the landing pads will lock down in 15 minutes is off by one minute. When the announcement was made the landing pad lock down timer on the carrier management screen was at 14 minutes.

scoop Tritium from gas giants?

myself and 4 squadron mates took a trip to pomeche 2c today using the carrier to transport our small, fast ships. When I enevitably crashed and burned I respawned at a station in Pomeche,rather than my carrier which was the last place I was docked, Is that intended?

Last edited:
scoop Tritium from gas giants?

That would require a whole new mechanic to be developed.

More practical would be to just make the tank bigger and consumption more efficient. If you could get 10KLY out of a full tank, things would look much better.

Adjusting Tritium costs, fuel tank size, and efficiency would likely be an easier path for the short term solution to making an FC more usable.

So finally after some login issues i was able to log to the beta. This was the first time i had to log out my system from the launcher to log into a beta of ED.

So i went to Diso and bought a carrier cause i gotten 8,5 bil for quite some time now. This is no issue at all.

1st thing i did notice, my carrier was not in a dock, but there where a lot other carriers in the system.

So i did fly over to my new carrier, did dock and installed all services, on some i also had to buy stock to offer anything.
That alone did eat up almost all of my 8,5 bil but i only did buy a very minimum to test thease services.

In other betas prices where reduced to 1/10 of the price, the question here is: Why not in this beta ? Why no reduction at all ?

As i was already aware after i saw the stream, a fleet carrier has nothing to offer that makes sense in the game.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pick the shipyard, why would any pilot buy a ship from my carrier at a normal price ( so i dont even earn any money from it), when he can buy ships from starports with 10-20% discount ?
Conclusion the shipyard is wasted and useless. It would have gotten some use, if players could collect parts from downed ships, mined stuff, missions so you could assemble the parts at a fleet carrier for a small fee while getting the ship almost free.
The downside is you need one to store or transfer your ships on it ? Oh and its costs 42 Mil per week upkeep? But wait there is more costs, i have to buy the stock too. So if i want to sell ships i have to buy em. Censored, are you insane ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Manly the same goes for modules (outfitting).
No one will buy this from you. Me ? I own very ship in the game fully outfitted and for different roles. Most of the ships are even pimped by enginers.
I have no real use for it aswell, if i need something i fly over and buy with discount. Stock costs here aswell extra and wait the upkeep is 32 Mil per week. Im already ROTFL.
With thouse 2 services you are already at 84 Mil per week upkeep. Who would be so freaking stupid and buy a carrier at thouse weekly costs already?
Sure we not finished yet
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Market/ black market on the Carrier: Again i fail to see how this will be any benefit for me. I have to buy the items i want at a set price by myself ( yes i have to deposit again money to do this ).
To make any profit i have to buy thouse wares at a lower price some starports offer.
Why should a player spend hours to gather thouse wares and sell em for less profit ? The only option would be it takes a long time for him to reach some starport, but then again why would he leave the bubble then ?

Black Market is manly the same but i also will have the risk to sell it later myself to starports?
Yeah so markets make no sense aswell.

Oh btw i did notice i cant set up all wares for buying. Im totally missing rare goods, thouse would have made some sense, because i could just park my carrier near the station and buy from players at some higher price but lower when your 200ly away. So players would save time no need to jump and i make a little profit when selling tthe stuff later.
Then again, the costs for carrier fuel and the time i would spend with serveral hops would be to high to be worthwhile. I guess i could make much more money doin something else in the same time.
So its worthless to me but it seems to be included in the 10 mil base upkeep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Player stock: I finally found how you can tranfer cargo to the carrier. (Its in the Cargo Tab of your ship) Cool but it costs 18 Mil Upkeep per week. Ok thanks for nothing i guess.
Notice: it would be great if you could post some instructions how stuff works, then again ED never did that, why start now ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting fuel for the carrier: Players can donate it for free, i can mine it or buy it at a very high price at ports. This is plain stupid, it will lead me to spend hours of mining to refuel my carrier.
Give the carrier a fuel scoop so he can get fuel from the sun like small ships do.
If you dont want that, my lasy crew should get a stocked NPC mining ship and go mine for me, or have an option the carrier does this with some other option alone.
There are so many options with this features to add new playcontent that could be fun to do, but its so badly thought out to be just a time and money sink.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refuel, repair and reload: should be always on a carrier with no additional costs, but well its costs extra to have this service. This is actually the only service i could see getting some money out, but it will be tiny. Having that seperated in 3 services it will cost 9mil+ 9mil +11mil = 29mil per week upkeep. OK this is really getting way to expensive.
Really i cant think of someone that would be that stupid and buy a carrier with this kind of weekly costs for services that offer almost nothing. Repair and refuel is something you have to have on a carrier, if you dont get even that for what i need this carrier at all ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bounty hunting: So you could cash in bountys if the owner bought this service ( lol ), not bad i did agree i tested this one not yet. Maybe its possible to cash in all bountys this would make the need for interstellar services useless if you own a carrier. I could see you can put up a tax so you can earn something from that aswell.
Then again, if your into bounty hunting from playstyle i guess you would sign to powerplay and get extra money from bountys from powers. But anyway its a good option to have it.
This could be a thing to earn some money, but i guess your tax will lead to reduced payouts for other players. With that in Mind i would not use a carrier then.
Oh for people that need to know about the upkeep, its 12 Mil per week.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exploring: i can see why selling exploring data is not a service on a carrier. It has normally impact on the system fractions, impact on the Elite ranking and maybe ( but i doubt it ) the carrier owner will get elite ranking from that aswell without doin exploration.
Well when selling is not allowed, why not set up a private data storage you can rent on the carrier ? In case something happens to you can get the backup from the carrier.
Beside that it could offer more gameplay by hacking thouse data spots and getting data canisters you can sell at the black market (no u wont get the data itself to increase your ranking).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jump time of the carrier: dont know why this takes that long. Moving this thing around takes way to long 1 hour for the 1st jump 2 for the second then serveral hours getting fuel.
Sorry guys my freetime is small and playtime even smaller, i cant see me spending hours to move this thing around.
If that is your idea how end game content is, i have my doubts how the next paid update will be.

Conclusion for me: I like the look of the carrier, the graphics are great, aswell as the sound and all that stuff. This is really awesome and i would love to have this for a storage just for all my ships, because i can buy one.

Things i could actually do with it ?
I see nothing, yeah there is nothing. I would be my own little starport but it offers nothing i would benefit or new interesting gameplay.
The ridiculos upkeep and time wasting fuel costs, is the main reason i would not buy a carrier, because i see no options that the carrier will accumulate this costs with service fees.
This would leave me that im forced to log in once a week and play a few hours to get the 145 mil for basicly nothing.

In the state of now, i would say the development time for the carriers was wasted in this state ( not the sound and graphics, those are awesome).
It can offer a lot options to add more interesting gameplay, but its not thinked out. Its just a starport setup.

Frontier should ask what the community wants to do with a carrier, what extra gameplay this could offer and try the make the best ideas happen.
Its pretty much clear the Frontier guys dont play there own game and have no clue what happens in the game, where to get discounts, how to earn money, what stuff is fun and what not.
You can see this from many updates before untill now and also new stuff added with a lot potencial will be left behind with just basic things.

This is really so sad, because im always amazed how the look and feel of this game is. I really love just to fly around or just be docked at the carrier and thee the NPCs flying around with the sound and all. Pure awesomeness.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom