News Focused Feedback Forum Content Schedule

Thanks for the schedule Ed. I really like that you're starting this type of discussions so early, especially on such important parts of the game.

Hopefully it will result in a better Q4 update.

As a sidenote, I remember Sandro mentioning a Focus Feedback discussion about shields. Is that still planned?

So early? Less than six or so months before release?

ie: Anything significant that's going to be added has been designed by now I suspect. And I'd imagine some development must surely already be in progress assuming significant new mechanics?

Anyhow, at least some nudges can be made if appropriate.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Very much looking forward to the Exploration discussion.

Ed.

What is the end date for these. I know there is some overlap, but any indication of how long?

Reason for asking is it could tie in with something I'm working on for a certain event in June..... :) ;)

Last edited:
Thanks indeed, Ed.

Request: before this Focused Feedback commences, please could we get some more dialogue and timescales on current bug fixes?

Relevance: it is frustrating to see new content announced via the Focused Feedback process, when old content remains bugged, with no communication as to why, or when it will be fixed. This does not engender confidence in the new content.

Example: in the spoiler below is a comprehensive video of penetrator dumbfires causing 0% module damage (internal, or external) from any angle, under controlled conditions.

[video=youtube_share;A9F_oBVfs8U]https://youtu.be/A9F_oBVfs8U[/video]

This is of course but one example of many. It was bug reported in this thread...

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...al-100-bugged-causes-0-internal-module-damage

...four weeks ago. Although QA acknowledged the thread, there has been no confirmation that it is a bug, or why, or that any action is being taken and the issue does not feature in the 'known issues' list.

Likewise for example we have no feedback or timescale on the Powerplay C&P bugs save that the same were acknowledged and access to Interstellar Factors granted as a workaround. But nothing since then and again not in the 3.0.5 known issues list, nor the C&P issue list.

What I am saying is that although I have participated extensively in Focused Feedback forums & associated Betas before, I'm feeling decreasingly motivated to do so because I foresee similar widescale bugs affecting these releases and thereafter foresee similar silence concerning the same.

Please could we therefore have a serious update on all known bugs - or confirmation of what isn't a bug - before this Focused Feedback opens?

Thanks for reading!

Truesilver

Excellent News Ed.

Can I ask whether community submitted news will be on the table for discussion in the Squadrons segment? Would be a shame to get all the new shiny and not be able to brag about it!

Two years ago i would be very excited. Now i expect mechanics like the guardian grind, involving menu hopping for 60 times.

Thanks for the info, Ed. I know everyone in the WoJ has a lot of suggestions for squadrons, and I'm excited for exploration changes.

Thanks for the update! I am really looking forward to the mining and exploration changes. I saw earlier a post asking about a focused feedback session on the missions system; I want to echo that as I feel the community has discussed several amazing ideas that could flesh out this part of the game.

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop!

So early? Less than six or so months before release?

ie: Anything significant that's going to be added has been designed by now I suspect. And I'd imagine some development must surely already be in progress assuming significant new mechanics?

Anyhow, at least some nudges can be made if appropriate.

It's enough time. We won't be directing everything about it. It will be the finer details that we will be feedbacking on. The overall design will be set in stone.

Great feature. Is there a way to give focus feedback on things that are already part of the game and could use a tweak or two? The thing is that not all features can be fully tested in beta and often problems come to the surface only after it has been used for a while by regular, non-beta gamers. A "Phase 2 - Live Gaming" Focused Feedback of some sort.

Is CQC bug (vanishing structures) from 3.0 going to be fixed in 3.1?

Something was messed up with instances in 3.0 I presume, the bug often happens when someone quits the game mid match.

We reported it straight after 3.0 was released, but no info since the initial reply that they were going to look into it.

Last edited:
Hope to see some NPC crew management with those squadron feature not only players.
As for exploration, new type of SRV from medium to large ones with analysis capabilities (scanner and some drilling/extracting functions)

Last edited:
Top Bottom