Focused Feedback - PC Participants

1) Refund for fleet carrier is still not the announced full 5bil, but 4.85bil. I made one jump and the maintenance cost is 750K.
2) How about removing the minimum amount of tritium cost per jump? 10 tons for a same system jump sucks.
3) The cost of maintenance per jump should also scale to the distance jumped.
4) After suspended, a service should NOT be still asking for an upkeep. Seriously, we shouted about that so many times already.
5) Commodity market should be optional, not a core service.
6) The effectiveness of tritium still needs to be increased drastically! The fleet carriers should be bridging the stars, instead of stalling between the stars. We shouldn't be mining our asses off just because we want to see the distant reaches of the galaxy! Make them another 5X more efficient would open up so much more possibilities!
7) Didn't say this in the first beta, but kudos to the sound design team!

These are my feedback for now, let's see if someone receives it.

Hmm...

Just parked my Carrier around Wendeca Ja B 1 Planet and ran into a new issue :

• "Carrier Arrival Signal Source" in the Minutes prior arrival was not visible until I dropped out of SuperCruise and back into
  • own Ship doesn't sync with Carrier Orbital speed for a while :D ... means I have to chase it (it resolves after a Minute or so, but by that time I had to fly 35km to it)

(Carrier drifts away at some ~350m/sec... too fast for my T9 to catch up... takes a while until orbital sync kicks in)

Strangely, after managing to dock, switch Ship, fetch Tritium and head back.... the Problem didn't appear again (?)
Makes me wonder if that only happens during and for a short time after the transition from arrival Signal Source to Carrier Presence.

Last edited:
Also the system map button on the Galaxy Map is still missing from Beta 1.
No, its there, but it only shows for systems you have visited, and all that data is reset in the beta. If you visit the system first, you'll then be able to access the system map, and jump directly to a planetary orbit.

(So its a bit of pain, but not a bug).

A couple of things. The Tritium Hot Spots are rubbish. They are really not Tritium hot spots! I mined in one on Cartu Planet 9 for 45 minutes and picked up 26T of Tritium. Not a single chance to use the drill too. Utter garbage.

Also selling carto data does not work when trying to sell all. No QAQC done yet again. We do it for you.

Naming the FC includes the identifyer. Not good enough. who wants to see Y93-X1T in the name! Not me.

Metallic Engineers voice is still there. If its there in the release I will not buy one. I hate that voice.

When the FC jumps the ship view disappears and we are in the garage. utter garbage again. Do you really want us to buy these things? I will not if it stays like this.

Yes the costs are reduced to something reasonable.

Adding cash to the carrier is the same + key and its very slow. Why cant we simply input 5 Billion instead of wasting time pressing the stupid + key.

I will not do any more testing. I jumped it once and hated being inside when it jumped. I did not jump it far though.

When transferring ships to the FC the message comes in its arrived already. No its not! ITS STILL IN TRANSIT!!!!

Mission USS still appears even though NO MISSIONS

Please fix these and get rid of the Engineer voice. I cannot understand it at all.

Re-checked the Arrival Signal Source and can confirm an Instance change is required for it to show up :

1589206413508.png

(inside 10min timeframe, still in SuperCruise... no Arrival Signal Source)

1589206446745.png

(disengaged at the Outpost a few Seconds later - and the Signal Source appeared as expected)

4) After suspended, a service should NOT be still asking for an upkeep. Seriously, we shouted about that so many times already.
How long does it take to enable or disable a service? If you can just turn on the service for a minute, use it, then disable it again to avoid almost all upkeep, then that gets silly.

You're paying to have the service be usable at all - potentially in deep space.

5) Commodity market should be optional, not a core service.
Since when they added personal shipyard and personal outfitting as core services they didn't increase the price, they're unlikely to decrease the price of a carrier if they make the market optional, so why does it matter? Free stuff and you might find it useful to be able to store cargo on board one day ...

6) The effectiveness of tritium still needs to be increased drastically! The fleet carriers should be bridging the stars, instead of stalling between the stars. We shouldn't be mining our asses off just because we want to see the distant reaches of the galaxy! Make them another 5X more efficient would open up so much more possibilities!
... for example if you wanted to leave with 20,000t of Tritium in the cargo hold so you could jump all over the galaxy without refuelling.

With the new fuel efficiency, 20,000t of Tritium in the hold, and 1000t in the tank, you should be able to get about 60,000 LY (depending on what else you have on board) without refuelling. That's enough to get from whichever of Colonia or Diso is closer to almost anywhere in the galaxy and back without having to mine for fuel or buy any more fuel.

If they made it as you suggested another 5x as efficient it would be possible to go 300,000 LY without taking on more fuel - the galaxy is only 80,000 LY edge to edge in the first place!

Also, if you don't want to mine, then stick a Tritium buy order on the market at a reasonable price [1], advertise it, and let other people sort out obtaining the Tritium for you. You have lots of options to get fuel which don't involve you ever touching a mining laser.

[1] A carrier used as a bulk Tritium tanker for other carriers could make a reasonable profit at any price over 125k/tonne, cheaper if you're near a bulk extraction system and so don't require them to go as far, more expensive if you're only wanting a few thousand tonnes rather than their full load, so if there's more than one person running tanker services you might be able to bargain them down to that, or maybe get some miners interested in working for you at that price.

The one thing I'd like to be able to change , is the % taken from the bounties by the redemption office. Even in a system where the relevant factions are based it's a 25% loss. I'll be honest, if it's a choice of losing 25% of my income or spending 5 minutes travelling to another station that wont take that cut the decision is easily made and I wouldn't expect anyone else to use that service.

I am hoping to park a carrier in a system that currently has 1 medium pad and no re-arm services at all but is a great spot for hunting pirates, especially as a nearby system offers lots of massacre and assassination missions for the one anarchy faction that's based there. Having lots of credits and the time to make more than enough to cover upkeep costs etc, I'd rather not take a cut of anyone's income if possible but at the least I'd rather they didn't lose 25% when the issuing faction(s) have a presence in the system.

So for me, the cherry on the cake so to speak would be able to control the % taken, but if it's just a cut on those factions who aren't in system that'd be just as good.

Tritium available now in Refinery stations, not Extraction stations? If its true, then we must do a produce rate recalculation in Colonia.

So far so good and my only my gripes/bugs at the moment are:

*-Commodity buy/sell order prices are limited to 1000%. This should be unlimited.

*-We need to be able to type in prices instead of holding the right arrow which takes absolutely forever.

Now as far as things I'd like to see added/changed:

-ability to have both buy and sell orders in at the same time for a commodity.

-Disable no fire zone for carrier owner. I'd like to be able to light up pirates near my carrier.

- carrier bridge view for experiencing jumps and perhaps basic manual weapon targeting for nearby wanted ships swarming a carrier.

Last edited:
Tritium available now in Refinery stations, not Extraction stations? If its true, then we must do a produce rate recalculation in Colonia.
Yeah, ran into the same and was wondering where all the Tritium had gone ;)
Refinery it is now - and only Orbital ones. Tried a Planetary Refinery and no Tritium there.

---------------------------

btw. I really dislike the "Your Carrier Crew treats you like a Visitor with Neutral Rep" Welcome Message.

1589209287503.png

( I mean I >own< this thing and everyone onboard works for me... So I expect something different than this to be honest. Should be more like when you're King with the Empire and dock at an Allied Imperial Station IMHO.)

Last edited:
I went to galaxy map, filtered services - Fleet carrier vendor... And nothing but grey dots. Not a single dot representing a vendor. And the button to open local system map is missing on most systems. So I can't check local system. Am I supposed to fly randomly around to hopefully find a system, or search the web to find a vendor?

Last edited:
I went to galaxy map, filtered services - Fleet carrier vendor... And nothing but grey dots. Not a single dot representing a vendor. Do we have to search web to find a vendor?
I believe this Filter might be subject to the same awkward restrictions as many other Services. i.e. only displays within 40LY or so + need to have visited the System.
(on top, the Beta doesn't carry over the live build's visited/explored Systems it seems, likely making it worse)

Essentially, it is rendered useless if that's the case.

I checked on Alcor where I bought the Carrier today, currently at a 108LY distance from that System. Same greyed out Dot, the Carrier Vendor Filter fails.

hi i have just purchased a fleet carrier and been charged 5 billion ???? thought they were supposed to be 1 million for the beta??? anyone else had this problem??? thanks...

Something is really wrong with the numbers:
1. I bought a FC (5 billions paid, 5 millions in upkeep, seems correct - even though there are only 3 days left until thursday?) - Or do we pay 5 millions per week no matter how many days it has been active?
2. Went to the shipyard (since I am owner, I did not buy a shipyard service). The panel seems like I can buy 4 ships. I have no ships, and no actual shipyard selling ships, why can I buy ships? Actually I cannot, it comes with an error message: "Transaction cancelled: Service no longer available."
3. Installed repair service (in the description it said the upkeep is + 1.5 million -> my upkeep went to some 5.557.285 number instead, so only 557.285 added to the upkeep).
4. Uninstalled the repair service. Also it said in the codex that uninstalling a service if free of charge. I got back only 46 millions out of 50 millions initial cost.
5. Tried decommissioning the whole thing. Says I will only get back 4.85 billion? Was it not supposed to be free of charge?

Also a question? How many ships can we store in our fleet carrier? When I first logged in it said "MAX 4", now it says "MAX 40". Or am I just blind?

Last edited:

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
Carrier Hull Maintenance is 750k per jump for me? I jumped from Agartha to Pirigen (Distance: 104ly) and accrued 750k in Maintenance Fees whereas in Beta 1, it was only 100k per jump? Was this an unintended change that I missed out on because that's a lot of money for wear and tear for a SINGLE jump? I'm about to attempt a second jump to see if it's the same or scales with range.

EDIT: Second Jump was also 750k AND an in-system jump from one planet to another. This is ridiculous. Two jumps and I'm at 1.5mil wear and tear costs? That's a 7.5x increase from Beta 1 that wasn't mentioned anywhere in the patch notes?

Opened a ticket here:
Hey @FrameshiftShark,

Thank you for the report. The team have just deployed a fix so that the Carrier Hull Maintenance is back at 100K rather than 750K.

I could use a little clarification on the following statement from "Participating in the Beta - PC" section:
ARX will be disabled in the Beta server - balances will be zeroed, and no ARX will be gained for ingame actions. Links to the ARX store (where players purchase packs) will also be disabled.
When it says, "balances will be zeroed," does that mean the current ARX balance will (or will not) be restored at the conclusion of the Beta?

Top Bottom