Focused Feedback - PC Participants

3 minor things I would like to see to improve the quality of life.
1) as im sure many have said before me, please let us view the jump animation, it sounds really cool.
I keep seeing people say this, and I understand the desire.
Thing is, in order to "let us see" the animation, they would have to create the animation first.
People seem to be saying this as though Frontier have this animation playing in the background, and just don't make it visible for no real reason. They don't, they didn't make a hyperspace animation for Fleet Carriers, or you can be sure they would be showing it.

It's not a minor thing, it'd take a load of design and development to make it how they would want it to look.

So I did try the Carrier yesterday and here's some of my feedback.

1) The Flight Control should at least acknowledge that you are the owner of the carrier in some way. "Welcome home commander, your stateroom is ready for your arrival" or something like that...

2) When the ship jumps in the instance, there is a minor visual artifact that appears at about the same time as the portal (looks like part of the structure). It's a bit strange.

3) When the ship jumps out, the carrier still appears as the portal is dissipating (I need to further test this to make sure).

4) We really need to be able to transfer tritium directly from storage to the "fuel tank". Having to transfer it to a ship and then to the tank is tedious and unnecessary.

5) I saw a minor UI glitch in the galaxy map, if you have additional ships on your carrier and you move the carrier, the galaxy map still shows the ship appearing in the previous system. For instance, if I had all of my ships in the system of Pareco present on the Carrier and then jump the carrier to Maia where I have no ships, the Galaxy map (after the jump) will indicate no ships in Maia and ships in Pareco even if your ships are now physically in Maia. If you log out and log back in, the locations refreshes.

6) If you transfer a ship to your carrier, you receive the "Your ship as arrived" as soon as you initiate the transfer and not when the ship actually arrives.

Would be nice if you could see the actual jump with an external cam. I find the pre-flight chatter good and the general experience good. I did not toy with the Outfitting/shipyard.

However, I doubt I'll be purchasing one in the live game any time soon since I would need to not only get 5 billion credits, but I would need to get an additional 1-2 billion to dump on the ship to make sure the ship survives me not playing for a while.

It's hours of my life I haven't got to spare. Real Life means I only get 2-3 hours a week of play time, and I'd rather not be spending it going through every single commodity and assigning buy/sell values and a volume. That would be 2 weeks of play time used up right there...
Why not give us the ability to set up a mark up and a mark down, and a base volume and apply that to entire sections?
It would make sense? :)

It's hours of my life I haven't got to spare. Real Life means I only get 2-3 hours a week of play time, and I'd rather not be spending it going through every single commodity and assigning buy/sell values and a volume. That would be 2 weeks of play time used up right there...
Why not give us the ability to set up a mark up and a mark down, and a base volume and apply that to entire sections?

This is a very precarious argument. I would understand if you were to say, "It's just not fun," but this is a bottomless pit. Where would you stop? Next time, some people only have five minutes a week. Do you really want a game like Elite Dangerous to be balanced on the lowest known (game time) denominator? I don't want to sound mean, but have you ever considered that this might not be the right game for you? Or replace "game" with "fleet carriers". FCs are certainly not required to play the game. They are nothing but a fancy overpriced gimmick for the ultra rich whales who need something to burn their billions of credits. And something to fill the forum with drama. :p

Last edited:
so why do I have to risk my own life as owner and boss by mining it or delivering it from a station to FC in PERSONAL? and rightly so the crew at that time eat their meal

don't make nonsenses to explain the incompetence of game mechanics
Really, Cmdr? Really? You're sitting here in the forum of a game called Elite:Dangerous (not called Ho-Hum:I'll Just Sit in the No-Fire Zone and Tell the NPCs What To Do), sitting here on the Group W bench (and it's not even Thanksgiving!) in the Elite: Dangerous forum and you're griping about interdictions?

Clue: Interdictions are a basic mechanic in the game. You can't escape encountering them (though it's easy enough to escape them even in a MinerConda laden with 208 tons of Tritium) because it's a...wait for it... Dangerous Universe!

Hauling any commodity, or even running with an empty hold, risks an interdiction. But you are a Commander, dammit, and you know (or should know by now) how to deal with interdictions, and not be in the least upset by them, although being annoyed is quite acceptable. Your crew hasn't got your Pilot's Academy training, nor your hours/days/months/years of experience surviving in a Dangerous Universe. That's why you get paid the megaspacebucks that enable you to buy a Fleet Carrier and your entire crew has to split among themselves and the ship's operating expenses what you can take in a day's (a short day's, too) mining or exploring or thieving or whatever. For that pittance, why should they put their lives on the line hauling a precious commodity like Tritium? Or Biowaste, for that matter.

You're a Commander! Suck it up and spit in the pirates' faces. Or go home to Sol and wax nostalgic about the good ol' days that never really were that good after all.

I don't want to sound mean, but have you ever considered that this might not be the right game for you?
Not really, I've been here since Premium Beta, but there are basically enough life sinks in the game without adding another. You can set up shipyards as a package on the carrier, so why not trading posts? Why make us enter details for every single commodity.
II think if you surveyed, you'd find the vast mnajority of the player base (over the age of mid-teens) probably only play for a few hours a week. I don't object to FC's per se, just to some of the decisions taken around them.
Likewise depositing funds into your carrier is a nightmare. Why not allow you to type in an amount, rather than forcing you to tediously sit through it rolling numbers?

I'm just trying to offer focussed feedback on some small QOL adjustments that would make owning them easier. I quite fancy the thought of taking an FC to somewhere like Beagle Point and setting up a trading post...

Likewise depositing funds into your carrier is a nightmare. Why not allow you to type in an amount, rather than forcing you to tediously sit through it rolling numbers?

I agree, this is a very daft, if not stone-age procedure, which can be seen not only in the SCs. Maybe it's meant for console players who can't type numbers as easily as PC players?

I agree, this is a very daft, if not stone-age procedure, which can be seen not only in the SCs. Maybe it's meant for console players who can't type numbers as easily as PC players?
Yes, and for those who use sticks or hotas.
But there was some concept - keypad which you can easily navigate with sticks or mouse, or button, whatever. It would be much easier and faster than"hold plus button for ten hours"

Consoles really don't have that hard of an issue with typing. The screen keyboard using the d-pad is a little slower than typing on a keyboard, but most basic functions of a keyboard are there, and works just fine. Also, if FDEV would enable keyboard and mouse for the console versions, it wouldn't matter. Most consoles, now, have native keyboard functionality, but requires the game developers to enable the function on the game.

I don't know if previously commented on:

?Bug: Stations no longer 'VERBALLY' welcome you when allocating a landing pad.
?Bug: Also the sound effect on frame shifting has disappeared.

?Idea: It would be nice if we could see and chat to any commanders that might be onboard your carrier.
?Idea: It would be nice if you could transfer Tritium from commodities to fuel tank.
?Idea: It would be nice if we could have a window/porthole/remote monitor etc. to watch the 'jump' from the inside.

o7

Last edited:
transferallmissing.png.jpg
I have tried to log this three times on tracker.... each time got taken to an expired ported issue relating to the same thing, or form submit has lost my issue or an error message...

I give up with tracker.

so I will put here instead...

you cannot use the transfer all to ship while docked a the carrier. it never appears to be usable.

Last edited:
Really, Cmdr? Really? You're sitting here in the forum of a game called Elite:Dangerous (not called Ho-Hum:I'll Just Sit in the No-Fire Zone and Tell the NPCs What To Do), sitting here on the Group W bench (and it's not even Thanksgiving!) in the Elite: Dangerous forum and you're griping about interdictions?

Clue: Interdictions are a basic mechanic in the game. You can't escape encountering them (though it's easy enough to escape them even in a MinerConda laden with 208 tons of Tritium) because it's a...wait for it... Dangerous Universe!

Hauling any commodity, or even running with an empty hold, risks an interdiction. But you are a Commander, dammit, and you know (or should know by now) how to deal with interdictions, and not be in the least upset by them, although being annoyed is quite acceptable. Your crew hasn't got your Pilot's Academy training, nor your hours/days/months/years of experience surviving in a Dangerous Universe. That's why you get paid the megaspacebucks that enable you to buy a Fleet Carrier and your entire crew has to split among themselves and the ship's operating expenses what you can take in a day's (a short day's, too) mining or exploring or thieving or whatever. For that pittance, why should they put their lives on the line hauling a precious commodity like Tritium? Or Biowaste, for that matter.

You're a Commander! Suck it up and spit in the pirates' faces. Or go home to Sol and wax nostalgic about the good ol' days that never really were that good after all.

LOL again
learn to read with understanding
by writing
"so why do I have to risk my own life as owner and boss by mining it or delivering it from a station to FC in PERSONAL? and rightly so the crew at that time eat their meal
don't make nonsenses to explain the incompetence of game mechanics"

I was referring to this:
"BTW, remember that the Tritium Depot crew gets hazard pay 'cause they are handling radioactive material day in and day out. You pay them well, very well, because what you do not need is an onboard Chernobyl 25,000ly from the nearest Hazmat Response Team."

not the normal game mechanics like combat, interdictions etc

build a power plant, pay for it, hire workers, and then go personally mine the uranium and transport it to the plant by your car.
Be my guest

Last edited:
I think you've hit the nail on the head there. So many of the "improvements" seem to be about making it into more of a console game.

Fleet Carrier Commodities Market Management is almost there but would benefit greatly by some functionality improvements.

Here are some thoughts for possible changes to the Carrier Commodities Market management interface :
  • Main commodities screen selection.
    • Owner would simply checks/unchecks selected categories or commodities to trade, (or have them all enabled by default, except for illegal).
    • That should be the only step required at minimum to configure market service. In this case allocate a qty of 1 and the global carrier service tariff % by default to the selected category or commodities as a spread between Buy/Sell in relation to the galactic avg.

• Manage Individual Category or Commodity
    • Owner sets cargo space allocation per category or commodity as desired (within total cargo constraint).
    • Owner sets custom buy/sell pricing at the commodity level or alternatively to a custom % spread (Buy/Sell) at category level (i.e. Medicines, Metals, etc.) which would apply to the selection.

Please allow the owner to choose whether to BUY Only / SELL only / or BOTH, (Sell when there is stock available, could be by default). the ability to keep buying commodities (up the cargo limits and funds availability) while selling them at the same time is really key to a useful experience with the carriers commodity market.

When the owner selects a category or commodity, it should show on the Buy interface, when there is stock available (someone sold commodities on the carrier market) the available stock qty should now show on the sell interface automatically when owner configures as such. Make the Carrier market behave like a market, do not introduce unnecessary configuration interactions by the owner.

Otherwise great work overall. Thanks for all the effort going into these features.
Cheers. :cool:

Did have a discussion somewhere, one of the problems is that the systems that FC's can jump into aren't always available, they may be available when you plot a route but become unavailable at a later time but before you jump in. So there are probably reasons for it.
I think it is one of the greatest drawbacks of the FCs and will limit my use of mine severely. Just what exactly does the crew that I pay millions a week for do? I have to manage the fuel (the dumbest thing I can think of is an owner doing this manual work while the crew that he/she pays millions does nothing!), manage the route plotting, set the prices individually and I cannot sell and buy at the same time (what genius thought this one up?). And wait, wait, wait far too much time between jumps. This should be determined by the owner with a minimum 5 min before and 5 min after or even less. Tritium is far too expensive, far too hard to mine, and should jump many more LYs per ton. As far as I am concerned, there is still much work to do, FDev!

One of the things that should happen after the lockdown stage is that the carrier needs move and align itself with the target destination of the jump to make it more immersive and better detailed. As of right now it doesn't do anything but jump in place. that is not going to be immersive when we're going to be able to have a bridgeview, observation deck or walking around looking out a window to see the target destination. It's just unrealistic where it doesn't move to align itself with any trajectory.

Top Bottom