Focused Feedback - Xbox One Participants

The bad stuttering near planets that was present in the main game is still present in BETA

Console: Xbox One
Frequency: Always
Severity: extremely severe

Steps to reproduce:
Fly near a planet with any kind of feature on its surface and your game will freeze for what seems like a third of a second, often multiple times as it tries to load in.
Once it has loaded in flight becomes smooth again. This is a major problem in the main game but it's still persistent in BETA

P.S. a ticket has already been created about this for the main game

The cdex entry "Movement and Fuel" still contains the old jump time of being one hour.

Repro: Go to Codex, open up section on Fleet Carriers, read section "Movement and Fuel"

For visibility those of us who redeemed the code before the fix cannot access the beta and may all need new codes.

My Xbox one GT is NewBlacksmurf

Not sure if you can work with us for a new key and what i do you’ll need but thought to post here instead of opening a ticket

Link to forum discussion - https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/fleet-carrier-beta-2-including-xbox.543978/page-3
I'm also having a problem redeeming my key... Even though I never tried before today... Says it's already been used... But no beta app on my Xbox

I'm also having a problem redeeming my key... Even though I never tried before today... Says it's already been used... But no beta app on my Xbox
My hope is...you already used it and can locate the beta under my games and apps...ready to install / owned games (depending on your update version)

Main issue with the Cqc in game to queue for a match. I feel like this would be abused for another way to log.

Game crashes when handing transactions for trading and bounty hunting.

The interstellar factor crashes and you have to click engineers tab to get back.

Galaxy map, only allows me to view the system map for the system I am currently in.

Frame rate drops significantly when fuel scooping (does not occur every single time however, may just possibly be connectivity issues).

When opening the text box in either chat or livery (naming my carrier/ships) text box does not appear for over a minute leaving the game temporarily frozen until the text box does appear, this is also a problem I have been experiencing in the live version of elite.

Cargo capacity for fleet carrier is far too low, the optional systems take up a lot of the capacity which I find ridiculous the carrier capacity should be increased to at least 100000 units

Transferring ships to the carrier causes a message to be sent instantly alerting me that my ship has arrived when it is no where near my current location

Currently docked with the carrier and the carrier itself has disappeared, only the landing pads and defence turrets are visible

Once docked with the carrier and entering carrier management screen it would be nice if the player could be moved to the carrier bridge instead of a management screen showing up on our personal ships so that you actually feel like your controlling the carrier

Carrier jump sequence does not work if you select a destination then cancel the jump, I am now unable to plot any destination for my carrier to jump to. Also have the same issue with my carrier navigation as I have with my ship navigation, the system map is unavailable to view unless I am viewing the system I am currently occupying.

I would like to be able to plot multiple jumps with the carrier adhering to the spool up and cool down timers of course

Wear and tear costs for the carrier are very excessive I’ve made 2 jumps with the carrier, the first a 40-50 LY jump to a nearby system and the second an in system jump to another planet in the same system for a maintenance cost of 1.5 million credits

The shipyard and outfitting market at the moment are absolutely useless on a fleet carrier, the carrier owner is unable to gain any profit from buying and selling ships/ship modules, the current method of carrier owners buying ships and modules as part of a bulk set is also unwanted, I would prefer to be able to buy specific ships or modules in a quantity that I decide and for a greatly reduced buying price in order to then sell to other commanders with the ability to set the sell price of all ships and ship modules on my own carrier within a certain percentage of the standard selling price.

Current ability to set buying and selling prices on all commodities should be limited to within a certain percentage of the galactic average of that commodity, this would then stop carrier owners being able to essentially give credits to other commanders.

I’ve played the beta for maybe 3 hours or so at this point with the fleet carrier and whilst i still believe carriers are a great concept for the game currently they are not, there is a real lack of content included with the carriers at the moment, it is essentially an expensive gimmick. Some features of the Carrier are excellent such as the universal cartographic and redemption offices, the obvious requirement for the owner to be able to store ships and modules without being forced to buy the feature is a very welcome addition, the detail and design that has been created for the carrier is amazing. However almost all other features are sub standard and at this stage I don’t see how this fleet carrier in its current form can be of any benefit to the game. There is not enough ways to generate profits with the ship, it has a distinct lack of excitement I don’t actually feel like I’m in control of the carrier as I mentioned above. For the moment at least I will not be buying the carrier in the live game, it just doesn’t add enough features or enjoyment to warrant its creation in the first place, which is a shame because it does have the potential to be a great feature.

Inability to set a sell price for a commodity you want to trade unless it's in your hold. This is no good for setting up a market.

Severity: severe
Repro:

Go to the commodity market on your fleet carrier, select any commodity you want to trade, set a buy price for it, then attempt to set a sell price. The box below which usually says 'apply' just says 'no stock' and prevents you using this feature properly

Transferring a ship to your fleet carrier tells you it's arrived before it has.

Severity: more of an annoyance
Frequency: always so far
Repro:
Sit in your fleet carrier. Go to shipyard. Transfer a ship to your fleet carrier. You instantly receive a message saying it's arrived despite it clearly still being in transit.

Unable to select a body in a system from the fleet carrier management screen when on board. You have to exit the fleet carrier screen, open up galmap normally and then find the system and go in and select the body you want it to jump to. If you don't you will only be able to send the carrier to the system but not select a body within that system.

Severity: pretty severe
Repro:
Be in the carrier management screen, want to navigate to planet 2A for example. Select the system that is in. There is NO OPTION available to enter the system map to select 2A.. one must exit the navigation panel, exit the carrier management window. Open up galmap normally, select the system, open up system map, select 2A, then click on the option to transfer the Fleet Carrier there.

Incorrect number of ship slots displayed in shipyard initially. Before I transferred any ships to the Fleet Carrier it said 0 of 4!! This made me think the Fleet Carrier only had 4 available slots for my own ships and was a bit shocking! Now that the first ship is here it's correctly displaying 1 of 40.

Severity: Not really
Frequency: Only encountered once
Repro:

Buy a new fleet carrier. Buy the shipyard module. Go to transfer a ship. Notice the number of slots available in the stored ships section.

As was mentioned by someone else here. The entire galaxy map has become borked and won't let you see the system map. Interesting this didn't manifest itself until I'd moved the fleet carrier once as I was able to use the galaxy map to select a planet in a system. Now no matter whether I'm on the fleet carrier or in open space away from it. Nowhere on the galaxy map is giving me the ability to access the system map.

Severity: Extremely Severe!
Frequency: initially not a problem, now seemingly permanent
Repro Steps:
Access the galmap, navigate to a system, see that you can no longer access the system map for that system.

unable to access system map from galaxy map, and unable to choos specific bodies to jump carrier too. Also I cannot find the UI to access secure Wearhouse for personal storage

As was mentioned by someone else here. The entire galaxy map has become borked and won't let you see the system map. Interesting this didn't manifest itself until I'd moved the fleet carrier once as I was able to use the galaxy map to select a planet in a system. Now no matter whether I'm on the fleet carrier or in open space away from it. Nowhere on the galaxy map is giving me the ability to access the system map.

Severity: Extremely Severe!
Frequency: initially not a problem, now seemingly permanent
Repro Steps:
Access the galmap, navigate to a system, see that you can no longer access the system map for that system.
unable to access system map from galaxy map, and unable to choos specific bodies to jump carrier too. Also I cannot find the UI to access secure Wearhouse for personal storage
Beta is using a copy of the 'systems explored per player' database from some point way back in time, possibly several years ago. Makes sense as they don't need the full massive current database just for testing. If you started the game since that snapshot was taken you'll have only the default systems, otherwise you'll have whatever you'd explored at that time.
Also, systems only show the System Map button on the popup if they have been explored by you, in the live game they always show the button but colour it red if it's unexplored to you.

Top Bottom