Focused Feedback - Xbox One Participants

I'm in the process of making notes on fuel consumption over various distances. Would like to know what the expected fuel economy is versus what I'm seeing.

From reloading the page many times I managed to get a submission page that included the drop down menu that included the Xbox option, I submitted my report for the 4th time as all the other attempts apparently failed..despite some of them saying "report submitted" but then also displaying "could not load report". The report did not appear on the issue tracker, or in the "my issues" section. The Xbox section of the current issues for the beta only has 6 submitted reports!!! One wonders why..

Ironically the only report I managed to file successfully was the least important about colours and doesn't even appear on the Xbox section of the issue tracker.

had an odd thing happen where I couldn't leave my Carrier instance until it had jumped. Everytime I entered supercruise (three times) it would time tunnel (Hit the transision between instance and supercruise) and then crash to dashboard. Also please make it so you can transfer tritium to depot form cargo! Otherwise I'm enjoying the beta so far!

I am very happy that when you land on a carrier you don't need to descend into the hold to do business, it's great being able to sell whatever and then jump off again making it quicker and less of a fuss!

Stephen Benedetti

Community Manager
Frontier
@Stephen Benedetti as was mentioned..just heading to issue tracker now to rewrite all my posts however there is no option for Xbox in the drop-down menu.

Will still continue to give feedback here in the meantime until fixed.
Hello @Pigletslastand,

UPDATED

Thank you for letting us know about this issue. We have let the team know about this problem and they are looking for a fix, but in the meantime, if you are logging an issue on the Issue Tracker and you can't find the Xbox option on the drop down, please refresh the web page and it will appear. This is just a work around, and we hope to have this issue fixed soon.

Last edited:
Dear FDev,

Thank you for letting us xbox players participate in the Fleet Carrier beta. Although, you probably opened Pandora's box by doing so. Here comes my flood of suggestions and potential bugs. Yes, most of these are suggestions, but please don’t take these with a grain of salt. Implementing these would make everyone's game play that much more enjoyable.

Please….

1. Let us customize outfitting packages and taylor them to our needs. If this is not possible, see almost every other comment I have below. As it is, so many of the modules and internals in these packages will never sell. They will sit and collect virtual space dust and take up so much needed ship capacity. Why for the love of anything good do you have E rated internals in the packages? Ships come with them. More on this below.
  2. Add collector limpets to mining utilities. The limpet package is so cumbersome that it just makes it impossible to make a mining focused carrier. There is an example of a mining focused outfitting requirement below.
  3. Separate FSD and thrusters. If I want to purchase A rated FSD’s, then I also have to get A rated Thrusters. That is counter productive if trying to achieve the greatest jump range. Please keep in mind, no one buys anything but class D and A core internals. A rated for combat ships, D for everything else (with exception to the FSD, which is always A rated). D rated sensors and Life support are also used in most applications. If you're going to keep this packaged approach, then let us buy packages that have both A and D rated internals in them. This can be done in two tiers, 1. C and B (which no one will ever buy) and 2. D and A. I reiterate...Class E comes with the ships.
  4. Create a new package for flight assist mods only. AFMU’s should be included with defensive mods. In every build I tried (except for Explorer) I had to sacrifice flight assist modules because of the AFMU’s driving up the capacity requirement. AFMU’s are only required in large combat ships and long term exploration.
  5. Reduce all shipyard and outfitting credit costs by 15% to 20% so that we can actually make a profit. This is a note you are going to get from everyone...so I wont linger on it.
  6. You have to let us purchase multiple tiers of one item type. Especially Cargo Racks. If I have a type 9 and want to fully load it with cargo racks,I can’t. There shouldn’t be a tier structure on cargo racks. Let us buy all of them but in smaller quantities so as to not increase the capacity requirement too much.
  7. Remove Pulse wave analyser from Analytical devices. It's only used in mining and already included with the Mining Utilities.
  8. In the future, I’d like to see the ships bridge and watch the ship jump.
  9. I shouldn't have to pay for fuel and other services on my own fleet carrier.
  10. Carriers are not self sustainable outside the bubble. If we want to create mini bubbles in distant reaches of the galaxy, then we need to be able to modify services anytime we want. Just put a time delay on the changes based on your distance from the bubble. With that said, NPC cargo runs to and from the bubble would be nice. Then we can remotely sell inventory that we collect or mine outside the bubble. This might actually allow us to make money. Right now the only way to make money out there is through exploration.
  11. Let us choose what body we park our carrier at (assuming there is a spot open). I'd love to be able to park my carrier next to a distant Earth-like world that I discovered and make a new home. Maybe one day even build a base on it. Hint hint.
  12. In the inventory screen, the “transfer all to ship” button doesn’t work. Also needs a “transfer max” button.
  13. (BUG) dropped target lock on a fleet carrier when jumping into supercruise.
  14. Allow squadron members or friends to store goods in carriers' cargo. That way squadrons can work together to collect resources.
  15. (BUG) I am unable to sell goods in the commodities market. I have 252 units of tritium that I purchased in commodities and it wont let me sell it to a friend. I have selected the sell button in the management screen and set a sell price. Not sure why it's not showing up for my friend to buy.
  16. Taylor the outfitting package to better fit the role. What you have now is a good start but not perfect. Here are some examples of outfitting schemes for the four top roles.

LoadoutsServicesPackageCapacityCost
CombatRefuel500$40,000,000.00
repair180$50,000,000.00
armoury250$95,000,000.00
redemption office100$150,000,000.00
shipyard3000$250,000,000.00
outfitting1750$250,000,000.00
Combat Advanced ship package3675$523,741,140.00
Combat Basic ship package4950$48,898,350.00
Defensive Enhancements (tier 2)1805$48,748,385.00
Energy Weapons (Tier 3)1200$688,074,295.00
Explosive Weapons (tier 3)510$93,702,255.00
Kinetic Weapons (tier 3)1015$639,596,440.00
countermeasures (tier 1)1840$53,602,640.00
Shield Gens (tier 3)479$1,042,447,242.00
Ship power (Teir 3)963$1,050,494,932.00
Ship propulsion794$799,583,614.00
target assessment670$44,170,400.00
Total23681$5,868,059,693.00
MiningRefuel500$40,000,000.00
repair180$50,000,000.00
armoury250$95,000,000.00
Multirole Advanced10210$976,917,729.00
cargo racks (tier 2)215$5,836,325.00
limpet controllers (tier 2)3265$172,262,025.00
mining tools (tier 3)155$9,554,600.00
Mining utilities (tier 3)2020$566,276,585.00
shield gen (Tier 1)2689$236,953,858.00
Ship power (tier 1)1954$56,611,221.00
Ship propulsion (tier 1)3319$155,604,372.00
Total29507$2,865,016,715.00
CargoRefuel500$40,000,000.00
repair180$50,000,000.00
armoury250$95,000,000.00
Cargo advanced10135$297,166,607.00
Cargo Racks (tier 1 2 and 3)*465$36,310,980.00
Ship propulsion (tier 1)3319$155,604,372.00
24242$1,467,647,038.00
Explorer/taxiRefuel500$40,000,000.00
repair180$50,000,000.00
armoury250$95,000,000.00
universal Cart120$150,000,000.00
Explorer ship package6380$49,838,891.00
Cargo Basic Ship Package1850$1,627,160.00
Analytical Devices970$14,019,850.00
Fuel Management (tier 2)1184$638,797,842.00
Vehicle Hangers245$19,181,515.00
Ship utilities1449$151,172,068.00
Ship propulsion (tier 3)794$1,537,352,842.00
23315$3,540,555,247.00
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I'll see you in the verse.

Best regards,
Serenity03
Serenity03A
Dthallen
Shade Outman

Last edited:
I l'île the new fleet carrier. After 12 hours of play, only two thing bother me:

1- like many person said. I'm stock in the cargo bay. Its like buying a skyscapper of billion of dollar and have our office in the basement parking lot.

2. I would pay 50 million a week to have a full level limited engineer, so you can enginer your ship out of the bubble without have to come back to the bubble change your plan or get the experimemtal effect.

Create a new package for flight assist mods only. AFMU’s should be included with defensive mods. In every build I tried (except for Explorer) I had to sacrifice flight assist modules because of the AFMU’s driving up the capacity requirement. AFMU’s are only required in large combat ships and long term exploration.

AFMUs are hardly ever used in combat unless it thargoids. Most people choose to have more Hull rather than a afmu.

Just saying

I would love to see the ability for a squadron to be able to work together for a fleet carrier. My squadron and myself have tried all way for the owner to make money and for the squadron not to lose money using fleet carriers and its a impossible task as someone will always be losing money.

Please allow squadrons to chip in for the price and upkeep as well as have it open for the individual cmdrs.

Dear FDev,

Thank you for letting us xbox players participate in the Fleet Carrier beta. Although, you probably opened Pandora's box by doing so. Here comes my flood of suggestions and potential bugs. Yes, most of these are suggestions, but please don’t take these with a grain of salt. Implementing these would make everyone's game play that much more enjoyable.

Please….

1. Add collector limpets to mining utilities.
  2. Separate <modules>
  3. Create a new packages for each gameplay type
  4. Reduce all shipyard and outfitting credit costs
  5. In the future, I’d like to see the ships bridge and watch the ship jump.
  6. I shouldn't have to pay for fuel and other services on my own fleet carrier.
  7. Carriers are not self sustainable outside the bubble.
  8. In the inventory screen, the “transfer all to ship” button doesn’t work. Also needs a “transfer max” button.
  9. Allow squadron members or friends to store goods in carriers' cargo. That way squadrons can work together to collect resources.
  10. Allow customization of a package prior to being purchased by the player (a-la-cart)
In support of a few things in your comment I thought to shorten and rephrase some thing which may not be what you intended so to be fair, this is my list.
Oh and REMOVE displaying all the carriers and only show a max of 1 per planet (literally).

@Stephen Benedetti unfortunately the issue tracker really isn't working properly still.

After successfully managing to upload one issue, I have tried multiple times on tablet and my phone and although the Xbox option now appears unfortunately getting all the way to the end of a submission and pressing the "submit issue" button still doesn't do anything.. it just hangs .. the white writing on the orange background turns to black to indicate it's been pressed by the issue won't finalise and go through. The page doesn't change and there is no confirmation.

When I check under "my issues" it's not there either. Something is still not quite right.

EDIT: After many multiple attempts the submission finally went through! - i believe it may have something to do with your 'Captcha' real person bot that vets the post because it appears with every successful post but isn't present in the unsuccessful attempts. Either that or a myriad of other reasons.

Last edited:
You asked for feedback about buying different crew for the services:

You can't hear them speak, unlike fighter pilots and there's not even a blurb or backstory to each one so apart from trying to pick one based on their looks or a name that you like there's no attachment to them or reason to change them currently. They don't increase in skill and just sit there sapping your money.

The only reason to want to change one is if you get bored of their face currently. With a fighter for your ship you can kinda RP a little and she or he will occasionally talk to you and you can get ones with different accents which is cool.

I'm not looking for them to be removed as a waste of time, I'm looking at them to be fleshed out, given more dialogue options with you as you move about within the systems if the ship. Perhaps in the future when they might be animated and you get to move about in your fleet carrier the thought of changing them will be more pertinent, as it stands they're a picture, a useless, money-sucking picture at that!

Could it please be possible to add routing to the FC navigation? An example; There's 1000 t of tritium in the depot, and I'd like to plot a course 765 ly away. Currently, I'm unable to do this.

I think I have about 5k hrs in this game and just now I undocked from my FC as I jumped kinda blind into the black and as I rise up from the pad and saw a sight I'd never seen before, my mouth blurted out "WOW"..

That's the kinda game this is, thank you Frontier..we give you hell coz we love this so much but you've created something special. Thanks guys

Well - I've only found one bug (I'll report it after I take a screen video and write up replication instructions). Not bad. Now - Let me dive in and give the full 12 hours of play assessment:

• Once you have your Fleet Carriers, we would like owners to give us feedback on:
    • Jumping the Fleet Carrier to new locations.
      • The updated jumping preparation and cooldown times. Originally it would take 1 hour for a Fleet Carrier to prepare for a jump, and 1 hour for it to cool down, we have now reduced this to a 15 minute preparation time and a 5 minute cooldown.
        T'was a good idea to cut that time way down (not that it matters that much since 2000Ly down the road you're spending the next 20 hours hunting and mining tritium. I'll get to that last part later.
      • Navigating through the Galaxy and/or System map to plot the route.
        This is fine. Pretty much the same as with the ship's galaxy map
    • Using the updated standard services available to you.
      Well, it's a FLEET CARRIER - which wouldn't make much sense if you couldn't carry a fleet. Having to pay extra for such is like renting a flat with no roof.
    • Try out different Fleet Carrier crew members.
      Uhm..Why?
    • Transferring any cargo from your ship to the Fleet Carrier.
      Uh - I need to read the instructions.
    • Filling the Fleet Carrier with Tritium, which you can get by mining Ice Asteroids or purchasing at stations that supply it.
      • Using Standard, Surface, or Subsurface mining methods to acquire Tritium.
        Best I can tell, standard laser mining is the most expedient method. Now - let's get down to brass tacks:
        Mining isn't really my "thing." Exploration and trading are - bounty hunting, too, occasionally - but mainly exploring. So, I'm out a mere 500 Ly from the bubble and take a good hour searching systems for an ice ring that pings tritium on the DSS. I pop the carrier in orbit at said ringed planet, get my mining ship out and go to work. Now, like I said, mining isn't really my thing, but I've done the LTD runs for about 150t/hr - which I thought was OK. Want to know how freaking long it took me to get 100t of tritium? Guess...I'll wait...don't want to wait for that answer? NEITHER DO I! 2 and a half hours. 200 limpets. 104t - in and alleged tritium hotspot. Now, let's extrapolate this into getting my now dry carrier another 2,000 Ly down the road. 30 hours of grind-mining plus the 2 back and forth trips to collect the mats.

I can get from the bubble to Beagle Point and back to Colonia in my ASP Explorer outfitted for long jumps (~70 Ly standard jump) - taking the neutron highway in that amount of time. Why, in God's name would I want to grind 30 hours every 2,000 Ly? Why? For the time it takes to do all that, I can haul back to the bubble, mine 50t of LTD in 30 minutes, sell them, then go buy 500t of tritium and bounce back to the carrier. As long as I'm within 10k Ly from the bubble, it's just one play session to get the money, get the tritium and fill up the tank.

I'm honestly having a very hard time figuring out who the carrier is for. Only thing I can think of it being moderately useful is Squadron combat. Maybe mining - probably mining, now that i think about it...DEFINITELY NOT EXPLORATION.
  • With the additional services available to you, we would really appreciate your feedback on all of these. We understand that kitting out your Fleet Carrier for your play-style is important, but it would be helpful for us to see owners try each and every service they can.
    • Outfitting
      There's no way to make a profit from this and I don't do squadron stuff - if I did the latter, I'd have this for my team.
    • Shipyard
      Same thing as Outfitting - also, ObsidianAnt pretty much sums up what I think of these modules/services.
    • Redemption Office
      Not installing this - however, if I was going to do some hardcore bounty hunting - like one of those "kill 200 of such-and-so faction" then, yes, I'd be installing this with my carrier in that system.
    • Advanced Maintenance
      Kinda gotta have it. I suppose you could get away with an AFM and repair limpets.
    • Secure Trading [Not interested]
    • Universal Cartographics
      The only way possible to do upkeep in the void
  • Check out the Remote Fleet Carrier Maintenance and make sure all the functions work the same way as when you are docked at the Fleet Carrier.
    So far, so good.
  • Carrier Upkeep
    • What are you thoughts on the changes to the upkeep costs?
      The ratio of profitability to upkeep cost has to be leveled. There is no way - with 15-20 million credits/week to make that up. I get why there's a big cost, but this still seems a bit excessive. Not a deal-breaker, but still not happy with it.
I'm going to head back to it and poke at this some more. Going to BUY a load of tritium to take back to the ol' fleet apartment block.

Could it please be possible to add routing to the FC navigation? An example; There's 1000 t of tritium in the depot, and I'd like to plot a course 765 ly away. Currently, I'm unable to do this.
I agree, and in addition to that....Allow us to plot a course 20000 ly away and provide a feature that automatically transfers tritium from the cargo hold to the fuel reserve when the fuel drops below 300t.

Top Bottom