Focused Feedback - Xbox One Participants

I understand that each jump effectively costs 100,000 credits for the maintenance of the carrier but my carriers upkeep is going up substantially more per jump, in one jump my carrier's weekly upkeep increased by roughly 2.2 million credits, I did a small journey around 2k away from the bubble, please note my upkeep was around 14 million when I started and I only just noticed this towards the end coming back, but my upkeep seems to be going up roughly two million credits per jump.

Also, when it comes to suspending a service, the weekly upkeep of the carrier isn't being reduced by the total difference between the service being inactive or active, for example, the weekly upkeep of the shipyard adds a further 6.5 million credits per week whilst active and is reduced to 1.8 million once deactivated, that is a difference of 4.7 million credits per week, when I deactivate this service, it is only being reduced by around 155,000 credits per week.
I think the figures are completely bugged and if I do not understand why my upkeep has almost doubled in around 6-7 jumps, if this is working as intended I believe many people will not be interested in using fleet carriers.

Last edited:

Fueling:
The Fleet Carrier NEEDS a fuel transfer system between ship storage and fuel tank, make it purely for tritium. It's too easy to get stuck out in the black with no way to your ship and fuel on board but no way to move your carrier. Imagine this analogy. I've ordered the crew who live abourd my luxury yacht to bring it to Singapore, they've already moved it from St. Tropez to the Canaries. I pay them millions a year to manage the ship. I have filled the tanks previously and put thousands of gallons of fuel on board in storage so they can make the trip..somewhere in the middle of the indian ocean they run out of fuel.. what do you think I as a businessman who's paying them millions expect them to do?? Give up and sit there? The answer is obvious. Please give us a way to remotely transfer fuel from storage to tank. Thank you.

Last edited:

The Fleet Carrier needs a Brig.
It is quite possible for a person hooning around their ship or engaging in fun PvP with friends to accidentally shoot the fleet carrier or fall foul of the law. Imagine I'm the owner and we are a group going out canyon running on a far away planet. We have jumped beyond the jump range of conda using a neutron star. Where do people get sent to if they commit a crime? A detention centre. Waaayyyy far away.

While this is a good mechanic if it's a griefer who's showed up to annoy you at your Fleet Carrier I think they should go straight to the Brig if they are wanted and die within the carrier instance (as in, in normal flight around the carrier in the exclusion zone of the carrier). If it was an accident, or they are your friend you should have an option to pardon them and they come out after paying a fine. (If it's the owner he has to pay for damages but doesn't go to the Brig) if you refuse to pardon them which is your right as owner they get sent to the detention centre back in the bubble.
The lore for this is good because the Fleet Carrier is it's own judicial district.

I really like this idea as it adds a little more dynamism to the Fleet Carrier and stops unnecessary cessation of fun when you and your mates go out to say, have a fight night deep in space somewhere. Also for balance, it doesn't completely stop a murderous pilot playing the game their way, as it's only if they get destroyed by the carrier within its instance do they get punished, a well built ship could still flee the ships guns like is possible now at stations, though very very difficult to stay for more than a few seconds.

Edited to clarify.

Last edited:

Please provide us with a dotted line on the galmap to show where we've jumped from in the Fleet Carrier. Also I hate the new orange bookmarks, please give us back our blue ones.

First time caller, long-time listener here :)

1. Consider mutlple refueling options -- In addition to tritium, allow fuel scooping at a rate that would equal out to the 15-minute pre-jump time;
  2. Allow remote transfer of cargo to tritium store;
  3. Clarify the configuration of the Market and Secure Trading services -- I'm able to set the market up to buy a commodity, but can't set it up to sell it -- what do I do with commodities that have been sold into my market?
  4. Either add a Bridge view so we can observe the jump sequence, or allow us to stay in the Carrier Services window throughout the entirety of the jump;
  5. Provide an export/import mechanism for controller settings on the XBox;
  6. Allow long-range courses similar to ships with their 20KLy max range (so far, I've only been able to set a course to a 500Ly-distant location);
  7. Add a "Fleet Carrier" filter in the External Panel navigation tab (i.e., don't lump them in with stations);
  8. In the Galaxy Map, add a filter for FCs, and checkboxes for what services/landing privileges they have;
  9. Allow FC owners to toggle use of flight assists;
  10. Add a UI to show the FC the commanders who are currently docked;

Anybody has any advice or comments on any of these, fire away and thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Ok well it's time to throw muh hat in....

I cannot comment on the ownership of a carrier because although I likely do have the assets total, flogging all my ships isn't going to leave much left. However, I can provide "customer" feedback for potential Carrier visitors and well, it's all a little mysterious.

Let's set up a hypothetical situation. I am primarily an explorer anyway so here I'll be, out in the black and it would be useful to park up somewhere. Ok, so let's run through some issues.

The current galaxy map's way of working isn't "compatible" with FCs in their current form. Yes, I can filter systems that have carriers but there's no way the services that said carriers have or don't have can be shown. And how would that be done? Does an FC with a shipyard show as yellow, UC as orange, repair as red and so on? Which takes precidence? The map can only show one feature of a given system be it econmy or star type etc. How's that going to work when you're out looking for an FC with a repair bay on board? or that has UC to offload some data?

At the moment, you physically have to go to the system with the yellow dot in it and then check out the carriers that are there. But then you have to scan everything. And the galaxy map can;t indicate how many FCs are in a given system.

The point I am making is that beyond all of the other issues already mentioned by other CMDR's actually finding a useful carrier out in the black if a bit of a faff.

In the system map, carriers are filling up systems and there I can get run down of what each carrier offers but there's no indicator if that carrier is still going to be there by the time I arrive. What I mean is that with the reduction in kump time, a carrier could well up and leave before I get there? Well how do I find where it went? What if its got my stuff on it?

I know plenty of CMDRs have got and are still salty about upkeep, I'm undecided really but if you explore properly (which if you are out of the bubble, you will be doing) then the upkeep is easy to finance really, a weeks upkeep takes about 5 minutes in the right system. Yes, I know that's not the issue but it's nowhere near as massive an issue as some are saying but what may be is fueling or more specifically, just why is it such a faff to fuel an expedition? Will I really have to shuttle tritium to and from a station to fuel it? That big spacedock that already has a carrier attached to it should be able to brim a carrier, all 25,000t if you like so you won't have to spend hours going back and forth filling up 500t at a time... Assuming you even have a ship to do it and the station has appropriate stock.

I have a carrier with a crew so why do I have to transfer tritium on to a ship and then transfer it back to a different part of the spreadsheet, sorry my apologies... carrier? Isn't that what the crew should be doing? Isn't that why I pay them? I can plot a route and jump the entire carrier without needing to be on it but I can't transfer some tritium out of storage and into the carrier fuel reserve without actually being there? And I have to use a ship as well? Hang on, unless I am physically moving canisters (I'm not I am still sat in the chair) then the carrier is doing the actual moving of tritium so if it can move it to my ship then it can bloody well move it somewhere else on the carrier without me being there.

That's just unnecessarily awkward and pointlessly time consuming.

For the rest:
Handing in UC data worked fine.
I logged off and my Courier was where I left it so that's fine.
The system map for Skeggio was playing up but that was this morning so maybe there server instability.
I hope we can personalise the carriers more. Just for once it would be nice to be heralded with a "Welcome home, Commander" in a northern english, Jane Horrocks kinda way.
And maybe not have to sit staring at the wall.
Now I would've tested jumping with a carrier but I couldn't find one. If I really have to visit each carrier in turn, then dock, just to find out if it's jumping or not then that will be a pain. Again unnecessarily awkward and pointlessly time consuming.

Still undecided on purchase. I should be able to afford one and run it a while and I'll certainly drop a million to get one come blowout but even now, there's carriers everywhere so I can sort of see FDev's point about "clogging up"...

Don't flame me for that, I'm not water carrying just empathising...

...edited for spelling but I've probably missed more.

I don't think the maths is adding up here, if the photos attach you will see but my carrier has done 20 jumps, totalling a distance of 6,818Ly, when the weekly upkeep breakdown came through, I have been charged 15,000,000 credits for just the maintenence of jumping, 15 million?!?!?! That's 750k per jump, what on earth is going on?

The fleet carriers hard points don't pack enough punch to scare people away who shoot at you. It's the equivalent of a capital ship shooting you and not a station.

Not sure if this is intended

When transferring cargo from ship to FC there needs to be a way to pick which commodity you'd like the 'transfer all' to apply to.

E.g. - I have 200t of palladium on board my mining ship and 76 limpets. I only want to transfer all the palladium, at the moment I can't, I have to transfer all the palladium and all the limpets too.

When transferring cargo from ship to FC there needs to be a way to pick which commodity you'd like the 'transfer all' to apply to.

E.g. - I have 200t of palladium on board my mining ship and 76 limpets. I only want to transfer all the palladium, at the moment I can't, I have to transfer all the palladium and all the limpets too.
Just saw your post regarding transfer of cargo from ship to FC... how do you do this?

Thanks!

Yeah I went crazy at the beginning of this thread shouting blue murder that you couldn't transfer to personal storage then Brother Sabathias on his stream showed me how. You go to your ships inventory panel and select 'transfer' and it gives you the option to move things into personal storage which is really cool but it's not clear from the menu screen, I feel that should have a better visual representation in the overview somehow.

Yeah I went crazy at the beginning of this thread shouting blue murder that you couldn't transfer to personal storage then Brother Sabathias on his stream showed me how. You go to your ships inventory panel and select 'transfer' and it gives you the option to move things into personal storage which is really cool but it's not clear from the menu screen, I feel that should have a better visual representation in the overview somehow.
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle -- just tried it out and it works great -- o7 and many thanks!

Hey we all help each other here! I was shown the way by someone else lol
Hi, just wanted to follow up on something you reported earlier. If you set Buy or Sell orders in the carrier market, they show up in the in-game trading tools the same as prices for any other market. So that's how players will find you to trade at your carrier. :)

Top Bottom