Newcomer / Intro Forbidden Zone On Deciat. Wondering What It was?

Hi everyone,

After visiting F. Farseer I decided to have an 'amble' around on the surface of Deciat just to see what it was like. No particular direction, just flying along. I saw in the distance what appeared to be lights and possibly buildings but as I drew nearer I received a warning that I was entering a 'forbidden zone'. I forget exactly how the warning was worded but it was obviously tellng me to get away. Rather than get myself blown up, I did a sharp u-turn and left. I checked the system map and the only thing highlighted on Deciat was Farseer Inc so I was left wondering what it may have been that I stumbled across.

Any ideas please?

Thanks. (y)

Hi everyone,

After visiting F. Farseer I decided to have an 'amble' around on the surface of Deciat just to see what it was like. No particular direction, just flying along. I saw in the distance what appeared to be lights and possibly buildings but as I drew nearer I received a warning that I was entering a 'forbidden zone'. I forget exactly how the warning was worded but it was obviously tellng me to get away. Rather than get myself blown up, I did a sharp u-turn and left. I checked the system map and the only thing highlighted on Deciat was Farseer Inc so I was left wondering what it may have been that I stumbled across.

Any ideas please?

Thanks. (y)
Probably just one of the background mining installations that's on most Engineer planets.

Hi everyone,

Any ideas please?

Thanks. (y)
Are you sure it didn't say "trespass zone?" Random squares will be generated on planetary surfaces that spawn materials and commodities that are being protected by a compliment of skimmers. If you aren't familiar with what you are looking at, from a distance, in a ship, I could see how they could be misconstrued as buildings. There's nothing special about them at all. Just random opportunities to gather commodities and materials and combat experience popping skimmers in the SRV. Or a ship, I suppose.

These are called Points of Interest and can be anything from a crashed satellite, ship to a mining installation or larger. They can also be found flying 2km above a planet surface looking for blue circular areas then trying to land in the center of the circle. Stay out of the red force field and you can look around even using the free camera to zoom in for a closer look.

Most are protected by sentinels. Treat them like ships so if a sentinel is "wanted" you won't get an illegal status shooting them. If you don't care about being illegal have fun!

solar01.jpg

Last edited:
Are you sure it didn't say "trespass zone?" Random squares will be generated on planetary surfaces that spawn materials and commodities that are being protected by a compliment of skimmers. If you aren't familiar with what you are looking at, from a distance, in a ship, I could see how they could be misconstrued as buildings. There's nothing special about them at all. Just random opportunities to gather commodities and materials and combat experience popping skimmers in the SRV. Or a ship, I suppose.

Yes Trespass Zone sounds about right. I can remember seeing the warning and doing a quick u-turn to clear the area. The last time I entered a zone like this, I didn't realise how quickly the defences reacted and ended up being destroyed.

Yes Trespass Zone sounds about right. I can remember seeing the warning and doing a quick u-turn to clear the area. The last time I entered a zone like this, I didn't realise how quickly the defences reacted and ended up being destroyed.
In any moderately outfitted ship, skimmers shouldn't pose much of threat. Land based cannons and guns, if present, are a different story but usually arent present in most randomly generated POI's, only in persistent land bases.

In any moderately outfitted ship, skimmers shouldn't pose much of threat. Land based cannons and guns, if present, are a different story but usually arent present in most randomly generated POI's, only in persistent land bases.

I don't think that is actually true. In POI that are just caches, yes there is never a defence turret but in any random POI with structures (auto-mining places etc) I would say I have found that mainly they have at least one defence turret. (Still easy to take out though.)

I don't think that is actually true. In POI that are just caches, yes there is never a defence turret but in any random POI with structures (auto-mining places etc) I would say I have found that mainly they have at least one defence turret. (Still easy to take out though.)
Then Inwould defer to you. I haven't seen but maybe one or two in total.

Top Bottom