Foreign Currencies in Frontier Store

This is more of a general suggestion, a plead if you wish, I hope it can reach someone that has the authority to do something about it.

I was really excited about Planet Coaster, then the email arrived from the Elite Dangerous team that ED players are entitled to a 10% discount on the alpha version of Planet Coaster. It was a no brainer, I quickly went to the site to find that the price of 50GBP. I know the cost of making games has increased over the years, but what seems to be missed is that the developing world counties have currencies that have depreciated over the last few years. Look at the South African Rand, it lost 30% of it's value over the past year, Russian Ruble has lost more than 50% of it's value over the past two years and the Brazilian real has also lost nearly 50% of it's value, problem is our incomes have not increased past inflation. What this means is that games at EU/US prices are basically unaffordable for the developing world middle class, I don't even want to mention how expensive it must be for the 3rd world. I understand you need to get paid for the work that you do, but as this stand now, Planet Coaster is just out of reach even for middle class die-hard Frontier fans like me, the only option I have is to wait until PC reaches Steam and that Frontier uses the price suggested by Steam for my country. The price is just to high, EU/US middle class residents have historically had a higher income than the developing countries, so the rest of the developing world has always been paying more, now with our currencies falling in double digits over less than a year, the gap is even wider.

Please add local currencies to the Frontier Store, there are many fans out there that would love to play your games, if just the pricing was adjusted and fair.

critic

Top Bottom