News Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap bug

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we've identified a few issues with the locations that various unregistered comms beacons in the Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap were pointing to.

We've identified the issue and have a fix in place. However, this won't be deployed until the next client update. In the meantime, we have taken the precaution of turning the locations off in order to avoid user crashes.

These will be turned back on in due course.

Thanks

Zac

And in the same breath you bring the Galnet news which sends us right there and then nothing to find? Hmmm

My reaction on our lot solving the clue, and then the disappointment with this thread...

giphy.gif

I read this as: "We didn't expect you to figure it out this fast, we're scrambling to get ahead of it." Just my opinion of course.

So I was out exploration grinding to get to Elite, saw the CG and with the rapid race decided not to rush, but continue my way steadily scanning as I go. Stopped off at Eagles landing and sold data (now 87% of the way there) and carried on to Conflux. The CG ended as I meandered out, but no worries as I wasn't rushing to take part. Finally I arrive and ..... nothing. So I hit the forum and find this.

While thanks for the update this leaves me having spent time getting here for nothing, no idea when something may appear and the certain knowledge that exploring the surrounding area will not reveal anything not already found, in fact I could end up fully exploring a system where something will be and miss it as not currently there.

So my choices are:
1/ wait around indefinitely with no idea of when it will be worth logging in again to see what I came here for, or
2/ take the long trip back to Eagles Landing, hope they don't update before I get there meaning I then do a U-turn, see if I have made it to Elite and then wait indefinitely until they do the update and maybe head back out to conflux to wait, or
3/ consider that I have just wasted my time getting here, go back to the bubble for the next grind and ignore the storyline plots as being a disappointing waste of time and not worth the bother of ever looking at again.

I can understand that issues happen, although if linked to potential bugs reported during the CG this notification was late coming and has wasted a lot of peoples time. But some idea of when a fix will be put in place would be helpful to inform which choice I have to make, even if it's an idea on days, weeks or months. I know other issues may crop up but some idea would be helpful.

At the moment option 3 is the only real option I have if I want to carry on playing and don't fancy just going back and forth from A to B for no purpose. That will colour my judgement on any storyline plot in future as I will always ask myself if it's worth the time just to be disappointed again.

Last edited:
"In the next client update", Which is certainly a while away. Thats pretty laid back considering it can most likely be quickly hot fixed. After all, you managed to update it to take away the location of it.

Last edited:
"In the next client update", Which is certainly a while away. Thats pretty laid back considering it can most likely be quickly hot fixed. After all, you managed to update it to take away the location of it.
Yup, no reason we can't get weekly hot fixes for the PC version. However thanks to Microsoft, FDev has to pay up $$ every time they want to push out a patch to the XBOX users. So now we get to wait for months to fix bugs that already have internal resolutions, just to have them all packaged up together and pushed as a single update.... Super frustrating for the PC platform users....

Last edited:
We can assume that this client update will be live when the next beta will ended.
Exceping if FDev decided to push the storyline forward and plan a client update earlier.

There is no active beta at the moment :) When they release the next patch this will be fixed. I wouldn't think it will be to long from now since they take a extended holiday for Christmas.

Last edited:
So I was out exploration grinding to get to Elite, saw the CG and with the rapid race decided not to rush, but continue my way steadily scanning as I go. Stopped off at Eagles landing and sold data (now 87% of the way there) and carried on to Conflux. The CG ended as I meandered out, but no worries as I wasn't rushing to take part. Finally I arrive and ..... nothing. So I hit the forum and find this.

While thanks for the update this leaves me having spent time getting here for nothing, no idea when something may appear and the certain knowledge that exploring the surrounding area will not reveal anything not already found, in fact I could end up fully exploring a system where something will be and miss it as not currently there.

So my choices are:
1/ wait around indefinitely with no idea of when it will be worth logging in again to see what I came here for, or
2/ take the long trip back to Eagles Landing, hope they don't update before I get there meaning I then do a U-turn, see if I have made it to Elite and then wait indefinitely until they do the update and maybe head back out to conflux to wait, or
3/ consider that I have just wasted my time getting here, go back to the bubble for the next grind and ignore the storyline plots as being a disappointing waste of time and not worth the bother of ever looking at again.

I can understand that issues happen, although if linked to potential bugs reported during the CG this notification was late coming and has wasted a lot of peoples time. But some idea of when a fix will be put in place would be helpful to inform which choice I have to make, even if it's an idea on days, weeks or months. I know other issues may crop up but some idea would be helpful.

At the moment option 3 is the only real option I have if I want to carry on playing and don't fancy just going back and forth from A to B for no purpose. That will colour my judgement on any storyline plot in future as I will always ask myself if it's worth the time just to be disappointed again.
This is Frontier, the best question to ask is how much will it take to get some decent coders, programmers and devs who listen to the community and dont change the rules, lore on a whim because the moon is in the wrong alignment on a particular day. id say around 20% of the community is fed up with frontier.

Game with great potential..... check
Rules change occasionally... check
People not doing their job..... don't agree

It is frustrating to change the rules of the game. I agree. Backwards compatibility is important and Frontier does not seem to care much about it. I think this is wrong. But canceling all the work that was invested on this game is not right. Everyone that has written more than a few lines of code knows that it's impossible to have 100% guarantee that the code you are writing has no bugs. As long as the bugs are fixed promptly and their consequences are compensated, it's understandable.

But I wonder why do we get frustrated so much? It's just a game, right? Well not exactly. I see many people writing comments as if they are living into this universe. People invest their time and expect their investment to pay up. It's a second life for many and I include myself in them. That's why we are so passionate about it and that's why we have strong opinions. We want the game to be great! Even with the inevitable flaws, in my book this is the success of the game and we should congratulate Frontier for making us live it.

Will the locations stay the same?

We've narrowed down a couple of planetside locations for whatever is down there thanks to the CTDs.

Can we just park in the general vicinity and see what pops up after the next client patch or will we need to search all over again?

Will the locations stay the same?

We've narrowed down a couple of planetside locations for whatever is down there thanks to the CTDs.

Can we just park in the general vicinity and see what pops up after the next client patch or will we need to search all over again?

I am very certain that yes the locations will be the same. Frontier only disabled it for now because they don’t want to be causing people’s game to crash. I doubt they are changing anything, they simply can’t fix the issue without a client update, which means an official client side patch.

It sucks that we are stuck for now, but we just need to be patient until they patch things up.

Top Bottom