News Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap bug

So more than 4 days after they announced they would be turning off the main storyline, more than 4 days after the first request for an idea of timing, more than 3 days since I arrived to find nothing and then posted asking for an idea of timing with what my options were and what do I have?

Well from my perspective I have 3 days of Harley hanging in space doing nothing while Frontier don't even have the common decency to even acknowledge that people have been halted in doing things and are waiting for an idea on timing, let alone actually supplying an estimate.

Good customer service or treating your customers with contempt?

As noted I can accept that things will go wrong, in fact it's pretty inevitable with anything this complex, but it's hardly much to ask for reassurance that the problem is being fixed as soon as possible and be given an idea on timing. After all people have invested a lot of their personal time for a goal Frontier have sold us and now have been forced to remove.

I for one can say I am disappointed with Frontier, not for the problem and the need to take the extras offline, but by the fact that they are ignoring their customers reasonable requests after they have spent hours investing in a plot Frontier have been selling to us.

I will have to resist the temptation of coming back now on every new announcement asking if it will work this time, or will I just be disappointed by another failure with Frontier's reaction being to be to ignore their customers who are disappointed. Without even an acknowledgement of peoples requests after time invested this is very poor.

Last edited:
Beta 2.2.03? Tomorrow, update after the first.....

Yeah, not sure how this is going to work. Sounds like the Beta isn't over until early next year, so it'll be a long time before any client update, assuming that they wait until this next patch to update the client. Hopefully they can sneak a client update sooner rather than later.

Wait, what? something came out of the CG? What was that?

What's a CTD? Is it like a FSD, only it makes you go faster? I don't know, all those abbreviations...

Setting 0 pips to expectations saves you a lot of disappointment.

It's a little bit disappointing that this has happened to be honest, from a purely personal perspective. I mean, I totally get it - the fix needs a client update; the next client update will be for 2.2.03 (I think?) - it totally makes sense to turn off the bugged locations so people can go and do something else instead of fruitlessly scouring for these things. But, but ... I'm here... Last time I got on ED, I managed to find and land at the general edge of the crash-to-desktop area in the Formidine Rift, and I am loathe to move from this spot because I know I will never find it again if I leave.

My own stubbornness to not relinquish this location by taking another 3 days to travel back to the Bubble, only to come back again after it's been discovered, means I have effectively locked myself out of Elite Dangerous until the New Year ;_;

I guess I'll just have to play other games in the meantime - I do have Gears 4 to complete, and Infinite Warfare to start...

Last edited:
Wait, what? something came out of the CG? What was that?

What's a CTD? Is it like a FSD, only it makes you go faster? I don't know, all those abbreviations...

Setting 0 pips to expectations saves you a lot of disappointment.

CTD = Crash To Desktop. Sorry for all the TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms).

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we've identified a few issues with the locations that various unregistered comms beacons in the Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap were pointing to.

We've identified the issue and have a fix in place. However, this won't be deployed until the next client update. In the meantime, we have taken the precaution of turning the locations off in order to avoid user crashes.

These will be turned back on in due course.

Thanks

Zac

Can you turn this settlement on in the BETA so we can test the fix. Beta players can receive a client update and then progress the issue, together with Frontier Dev, ready for go live in the new year. What do you think, good idea or bad idea?

- - - Updated - - -

"In the next client update", Which is certainly a while away. Thats pretty laid back considering it can most likely be quickly hot fixed. After all, you managed to update it to take away the location of it.

Good point, how can you turn it off without a client update ???

- - - Updated - - -

However thanks to Microsoft, FDev has to pay up $$ every time they want to push out a patch to the XBOX users. So now we get to wait for months to fix bugs that already have internal resolutions, just to have them all packaged up together and pushed as a single update.... Super frustrating for the PC platform users....

Wait, what? is this true, we now have to wait for Xbox patches before PC patches get rolled out ???

Last edited:
Wait, what? is this true, we now have to wait for Xbox patches before PC patches get rolled out ???

I'm a PC guy sitting in EAFOTS waiting for the update myself so, yeah, I'm anxious to get an update. It would, however, be very unfair to the XBox community to enable the content on the PC version without enabling it for XBox players as well.

So over a week since they turned it off, over a week since they were first asked for timing, over a week since I asked and over a week of my hanging in conflux waiting for an answer.

Have Frontier decided to show any semblance of customer service or respect for the community? Well no. I can tell you on timing for sorting the error we definitely on weeks, but only as that is how long they have ignored everybody who asked for an idea on timing.

Funnily enough I can't say hanging around in space being ignored by Frontier is exactly my best gaming experience to date. Generally I think negative comments concerning them are a bit unwarranted, but anybody who thinks encouraging people to spend hours travelling to something that doesn't work and they then turn off and don't even have the basic respect for the players to give an idea of timing for sorting the problem start moving down my sympathy list.

It wasn't exactly a time consuming request to be given an idea of timing to work out whether it was worth hanging around, find something else to do useful for a little while or just give up on the main plot as a massive Frontier fail.

At the moment I have a massive customer service Frontier Fail, perhaps that is their goal, to push the frontier of bad customer service.

Come on guys, it's hardly a drain on valuable resources from other things to give a few lines of update for fixing problem when you obviously have enough time to introduce the beta for new things. Seems a little odd to me to be doing that without making sure the current things work first, but at least you should be able to spare 5 minutes to type a few lines on update and ETA for a fix. Not only isn't much to ask for, we really shouldn't be having to when you know people have invested hours of their life getting somewhere only to find you have turned it off, that's just a basic courtesy.

So the CG relating to the 3 loctations is stopped currently? I'm nearly at Hawkins Gap, so I guess I have to wait?

Btw: did FD reduce white drawfs? On my way from the bubble to the gap there were none (~10000Lys)

So the CG relating to the 3 loctations is stopped currently? I'm nearly at Hawkins Gap, so I guess I have to wait?

Btw: did FD reduce white drawfs? On my way from the bubble to the gap there were none (~10000Lys)

yes apparently you now have to wait till the new year 2017 for the next patch where they fix the bugs. best go play some other game till then, elite has stalled its storyline.

Damn, still no news :(.
I'm hanging around in the rift, was scanning systems nr the UCBs incase anything had been missed by the CG, now I'm not sure at what point my search became pointless :(. I know there was a UCB active when I came into the rift to the EU-R system, after that I have no idea!

Last edited:
He did say it needed a client update, but where exactly did he say this was going to be in the new year?

Frontier said the CTD bases and beacons would be enabled again with the 2.2.03 update, which is slated to release in early January 2017. We have a few weeks yet until the work can continue.

Top Bottom