News Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap bug

Frontier said the CTD bases and beacons would be enabled again with the 2.2.03 update, which is slated to release in early January 2017. We have a few weeks yet until the work can continue.
Where did they say this?

Would be rather predictable that they can't be bothered to answer what was a simple question here weeks ago, but think it's ok to answer the question somewhere else

I suppose you could argue that's what the 1st post in this thread says, but I don't know if that is what Mengy was referring to. Is it Mengy?
In the meantime I'm heading back to the bubble, I didn't want to hang around any longer, going back to hand in my data & do a couple of upgrades to my Asp to boost it's jump range a bit.

I would say you can only argue that if we added to that statement. Answering Eisen's question on 2/2 would have cleared it up, with Tomeagles on the same day making the specific question on whether this would be a hotfix or long wait, which considering how quickly they removed it was very relevant.

But I'm afraid that the only obvious conclusion I can draw from it being 20 days later without Frontier answering those questions on a thread they created is that they don't care about the plot line, don't care about customer service and don't care about players they encouraged to invest hours of their life into this. It is particularly obvious if Mengy and P|A|ntZ are right, as they would have been able to do as players what Frontier have failed to.

Heading out there right now guys ! update should have fixed it right !?

Verdict is still out. Myself and a few other Cmdrs have been scouring the areas where the CTDs were happening. Found diddly squat so far.. a lot of us aren't entirely convinced that FD remembered to re-enable the assets.. Either that or we aren't looking in the right places.

Verdict is still out. Myself and a few other Cmdrs have been scouring the areas where the CTDs were happening. Found diddly squat so far.. a lot of us aren't entirely convinced that FD remembered to re-enable the assets.. Either that or we aren't looking in the right places.

I definetly am convinced they did fix it, didn't it say so in the patch notes?
Anyway im about 7k out heading there at high speed to provide that extra set of eyes !

The beacons have not been re-enabled, and Drew Wager has confirmed that they should be (he posted in the archaeology thread confirming this), so I’m sad to say but it’s a good bet Frontier failed to turn the assets back on. We won’t know until they make a post stating either way, but the missing beacons pretty much confirms another mistake on their end.

Damn :(
But isn't this note related?
2.2.03 Change Log

Stability Fixes

- Fix for crash when dropping from orbit at Eafots LZ-H b10-0 D 1

I'm still out in conflux and can confirm that the beacons have not been turned back on. I would assume there is no point spending hours trying to investigate the planets and moons noted on the off chance that while they turned it all off in 1 go, they have only turned part of it back on. Been an enjoyable couple of months waiting so far, so nice to see other things happening 10,000 lys away while this is still broke.

I'm still out in conflux and can confirm that the beacons have not been turned back on. I would assume there is no point spending hours trying to investigate the planets and moons noted on the off chance that while they turned it all off in 1 go, they have only turned part of it back on. Been an enjoyable couple of months waiting so far, so nice to see other things happening 10,000 lys away while this is still broke.

Am sat on top of one of the places crashes happened a lot, the patch notes only mentioned the ctd when dropping from orbit was fixed not that anything has been reactivated. I've tried umping round systems that had beacons etc nothing shows. only thing I have found is Random POI's and thats it. Tried Open Pvt Group Solo all with the same results.

It really looks like a)this Patch didnt fix the issues so the content wasnt re enabled or b) something wasnt reactivated when the servers were restarted after the patch and again after the server restart today.

I was on the way back to the bubble when the patch dropped so turned round and came back again, now trying to decide whether to go back again to the bubble.

All it would take is a simple update as to the status on this from FDev, as to what the state of play is etc. They did an awesome job on the patch but stuff like this lets it down.

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to let you all know that we've identified a few issues with the locations that various unregistered comms beacons in the Formadine Rift, The Conflux and Hawkins Gap were pointing to.

We've identified the issue and have a fix in place. However, this won't be deployed until the next client update. In the meantime, we have taken the precaution of turning the locations off in order to avoid user crashes.

These will be turned back on in due course.

Thanks

Zac

Whats the current status on this please

Noticed this has been moved from Sticky and logged in, can confirm unregistered comms beacons back in conflux. I won't comment any further on this thread as it would all be negative.

Top Bottom