Formidine Rift - Is there still a mystery to be solved?

So, I've been away from Elite for a while - just getting back into things. I'm wondering if the Formidine Rift is yesterday's news, or whether or not there's still a mystery to be solved related to the rift? I know about the megaship, secret bases (abandoned), etc. But is that all? Is there something more, and, if so, can someone provide data related to the ongoing mystery? Cheers.

I watched one of Drew Wagar's streams a couple of months ago where he said that he understood that there were still things to find in the the area from the Heart and Soul nebulas out towards what is now delineated as the Formidine Rift. That may have changed though from the time when he was an Elite author.

I spent a lengthy period scanning various areas with my other commander and surprisingly found many systems undiscovered in/near the Eafots Sector, so it is far from impossible that other things remain hidden even fairly close to the abandoned bases.

Last edited:
As the logs at the abandoned bases speak of ships in distress, I thought that there would be a chance of finding some vessels that may have crashed. If such a thing does exist, this should now be a little bit easier with the updated scanning system.

The trouble is no one really knows if anything remains and what if anything has been retconned. If anything was found then it would spark the interest in that area again.

I’m out there now with my alt account. After returning from Beagle Point with DW2 I thought it was time to go out towards the Rift. The Formidine storyline happened before I joined the game so I’ll be happy just to read some logs and have a look around, but I’ll always have the hope of finding something mysterious and undiscovered out there.

On the way, I came from the Crab Nebula, I discovered an eighty seven body system which is my largest yet on either account but as yet nothing outstanding, scary or even slightly mysterious.

I was there shortly after the introduction of the FSS. This area is still huge and I don't think it makes sense to randomly toddle around there without further hints.
This,^. currently i'm headed for colonia, then Sag A, and then beagle point. I headed there after the last big update, visited a couple sectors around the heart and soul nebulae, and the 4 settlements in eafoots again. I didn't go for the mega ship(I think it is called zurara). The area is huge, there are thousands upon thousands of undiscovered systems, and as picommander noted, without further hints or bearings, no way I'm headed there again.
Went beyond to the edge of the galaxy and boy, too much space to search.

Top Bottom