General / Off-Topic Formula 1 teams unite to manufacture ventilators

Seven UK-based Formula 1 teams have united to form ‘Project Pitlane’ in an effort to assist the Government in manufacturing medical equipment.

Red Bull Racing, Racing Point, Haas, McLaren, Mercedes, Renault and Williams as well as their respective technology divisions are part of the new initiative.

The teams will manufacture and deliver respiratory medical devices to help patients affected by COVID-19, including ventilators and parts.

As a total motorsports fanatic this news gives heart..... perhaps not hope, but it's a pole position for the sport.

It's a shame that Ferrari aren't in the mix but they are based in Italy; not the U.K.

A Mercedes respirator would be my choice.

A guarantee of quality and reliability and endurance.

An excellent initiative here.

:)

------------------------------------

😷

As a total motorsports fanatic this news gives heart..... perhaps not hope, but it's a pole position for the sport.

It's a shame that Ferrari aren't in the mix but they are based in Italy; not the U.K.

It's nice to see, and with their financial clout it will be a big help. As for Ferrari, hopefully they'll be doing some good for their home country!

They need to keep it cheap and simple. Something which F1 manufactures, have major issues doing.

To me, the best offer so far in from Oxford Uni and Kings Collage have put together. Simple, effective and every part, are already on the shelves.

They need to keep it cheap and simple. Something which F1 manufactures, have major issues doing.

To me, the best offer so far in from Oxford Uni and Kings Collage have put together. Simple, effective and every part, are already on the shelves.

Saw it working, it is really good. Extremely easy to move and disinfect, no moving parts in the box. Top marks.

LIt's a shame that Ferrari aren't in the mix but they are based in Italy; not the U.K.
It's nice to see, and with their financial clout it will be a big help. As for Ferrari, hopefully they'll be doing some good for their home country!

They are (or at least, they're supposed to be doing):

Top Bottom