Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

The Galaxy of Elite is huge. I understand. What i don't understend why i should traveling literraly days if i don't want? It is revenge from game designers to players? But for what? It's about exclusive updates of colonia engineers. I must fly week of my real life, just fly, not play, to get update. This fact makes me sad.

I take it you mean the higher engineering grade for SCB's?
It can be done in a few days. Not a whole week. I went to Colonia in a T10.
Yeah not my idea of a great time.
I took the notion into my head and went for it in a mining ship. I say it took a few days cause there were only so many 'jump honks' I could do before tedium set in. Even with the occassional pause for planet mapping and such.
It is also possible to travel this distance in a few hours using the neutron highway. However an exploration specced ship is required.
Hopefully in this patch they'll add the grade to the bubble engineers as the Colonia engineers were supposed to be suplimentary irrc.

They would both be nice to have. Maybe ask the question in the live stream tomorrow...?
I will be asking about this too!
Thanks for reminding me!

Last edited:
lol. Word on the street is that Colonia engineers being ahead of Core ones is unintentional, and will be changed. No idea when though, seems a legit thing to ask on the livestream.

The Galaxy of Elite is huge. I understand. What i don't understend why i should traveling literraly days if i don't want? It is revenge from game designers to players? But for what? It's about exclusive updates of colonia engineers. I must fly week of my real life, just fly, not play, to get update. This fact makes me sad.
Oppression? Revenge? Fly a week?
You serious?

Grab a discount 65 LY DBX and you're in Colonia via Neutron Highway in 4 hours.

lol. Word on the street is that Colonia engineers being ahead of Core ones is unintentional, and will be changed. No idea when though, seems a legit thing to ask on the livestream.

I hope not! Let them keep their edge. Nobody needs to leave the Bubble, it's not as if these upgrades are mandatory. But it would be good to have an actual reason to visit Colonia, and having four good Engineers within a couple of jumps is one.

I hope not! Let them keep their edge. Nobody needs to leave the Bubble, it's not as if these upgrades are mandatory. But it would be good to have an actual reason to visit Colonia, and having four good Engineers within a couple of jumps is one.
There will still be 4 good engineers within a couple of jumps though - won't there?

Quite surprised everyone isn't unlocking all the engineers anyway, the ability to pin an extra 4 BP for a few hours travel - no brainer. And as you say, always nice to pop in to Colonia ;)

Not everybody enjoys schlepping out to Colonia. Nothing wrong with having the same grades for engineers apply in the bubble as well as out in Colonia.
We put in quite a bit of work out here to get those blueprints, though, or they'd still be on G1 like Hatchbreaker Limpets and Manifest Scanners are. Maybe some sort of paired CG where we give some bubble engineers rights to the blueprints, in exchange for some designs for larger A-rated modules. That would seem fair.

But I agree that no-one should feel they have to come out to Colonia specifically for an in-game advantage. The advantages of Colonia so far have been many - but not for min-maxers - and I quite like it that way.

But it would be good to have an actual reason to visit Colonia, and having four good Engineers within a couple of jumps is one.
Well, sure, but that's an advantage whether they have exclusives or not - and none of the exclusives are particularly major compared with the immediately previous grade.

Did they aim a weapon at your head or what? Did they tie you to your seat and kidnapped you? Do you know your whereabouts? Tell us and we'll come to rescue you from those that are forcing you to fly to Colonia!

You're not forced to do anything, though. If you want the engineering update, you have to work for it. If you don't want to work for it, you're free to ignore it and do one of the many other things in the game.

Your choice.

My ships work fine without the marginal gains these mods provide so I'm taking the controversial option to stay put until I want to go out there. Pretty sure no one is losing any PvP fights due to a lack of g4 SCBs.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
Hum a little common sense and you be in Colonia in a few hours. Been to Colonia in 110 Jumps. A few hours max. There a video to prove it OP. colonia in 107 jumps

Last edited:
Top Bottom