Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

But how will you ever see the fabulous Whirling Station if you never visit there? Or the mysterious G2 Dust Cloud if you never decide to go there? How will you know how Thargoids came around if you've never been to the Formidine Rift? Did you know beer tastes like battery acid in Station X, Crab nebula? How will you ever find.. umm.. nevermind.

A week you say?
In a week I went from Bubble to Explorer's Anchorage (26000 LY), did 3 days of CG there, then flew 11000 LY to Colonia to unlock the 4 engineers there and pin some blueprints, then another 22000 LY back to the bubble. And it was a fun trip

if i can afford to playing a game only 3 days a week, then 3 days mean a week.

Oh boy, the things you poor completionist people are forced to endure while playing the game...
I wept while reading.
We minimalists, on the other hand, are more than happy with our G3 Clean Drives (reference to another similar thread) and our store bought life supports. And since real men fly shieldless, we don't need to worry about SCBs or a whole lot of other crap, though I really should get my HRPs engineered. 😜

I am with you on this one. Its mildly annoying seeing responses commenting on your timings.. 'you can do it in 3-4hrs', etc. Yeah well maybe 3-4hrs is all some people get a week if they are lucky.
Well then get there in one week and return in next. Are you in a hurry to get somewhere?
People go on a trip for 16 months around the galaxy and don't that they're repressed, that the galaxy is too big and that it should be shrunk.

Well then get there in one week and return in next. Are you in a hurry to get somewhere?
People go on a trip for 16 months around the galaxy and don't * that they're repressed, that the galaxy is too big and that it should be shrunk.

You misunderstand me, I'm not bothered about the time it takes, galaxy is large, etc.
It's more about people rubbishing the OPs statement that it will take him a week

Fair enough - you get to skip the CG part anyways :)

Still, you can get to Colonia in 4 hours. And if you play on PC you can copy/paste all those funky system names, on xbox I had to type them all :/
Then another one or two sessions to unlock the engineers and then you can take a suicidewinder back to bubble.
That's 2-3 days. Less than a week :)

The most important thing is to make sure you don't transform it into a chore.

You misunderstand me, I'm not bothered about the time it takes, galaxy is large, etc.
It's more about people rubbishing the OPs statement that it will take him a week
A very fair point, but the idea that we're being forced into some kind of slavery (thread title- their words, not yours) to do an optional unlock that offers a marginal improvement is a bit of an overreaction. I think this is fuelling a lot of people's replies.

Lets not forget that the option that they've missed is to ignore it if they don't want to go to Colonia.

Well allow me to join them. From Sol to Colonia you need to make 115 89 jumps. You can make it under 5 hours if you're using the neutron highway. For your way back, take a stock Sidewinder, self destruct and opt for a free Sidewinder.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
You still can't beat my Point on 107 Jumps. Using Neutron highway. Oh please note this is from the start of Sol system not the edge of the bubble. So you can shave some time if you get close to the edge of the bubble.

I also edit my signature to have a video of the 107 jumps to remind you it not going to take you that long.

Last edited:

Lestat

Banned
Yeah, generally thats the option I take. I did the obligatory trip to Sag A pre-engineers and it damn near broke me.
I still can't step foot in an Anaconda without shuddering
Ya been there also. It took a year on my main account Pre-engineered ship just after horizon was released. But here a video of getting to Sag A* in two hours 19 Minutes.

Ya been there also. It took a year on my main account Pre-engineered ship just after horizon was released. But here a video of getting to Sag A* in two hours 19 Minutes.

That was a dirty trick. An Anaconda and to boot it wasn’t even a montage video :LOL::sick:

But yeah, the various ship upgrades available have condensed space by a huge amount

There's an engineer - I forget her name - that demands I befriend some anarchist scum before she'll talk to me. I'm doing my best to never befriend anarchist scum and so far I'm doing pretty well at that goal, so I'm likely never going to get access to that engineer, or any of her friends.

Do I go onto the forum and rant and rave about the unfairness, about ED "forcing me to befriend anarchists" or being "oppressed"? No. It's my choice to play as an anti-anarchist, and I must live with the consequences of that choice. So I simply accept that I will never, ever get those particular engineering upgrades, and I carry on playing the game without them.

There's nothing that could possibly convince me to spend days traveling to Colonia. Nothing.

But if I had to go, it would make sense to turn it into a long range exploration journey. I would have to want to spend a few months exploring.

There's an engineer - I forget her name - that demands I befriend some anarchist scum before she'll talk to me. I'm doing my best to never befriend anarchist scum and so far I'm doing pretty well at that goal, so I'm likely never going to get access to that engineer, or any of her friends.

Do I go onto the forum and rant and rave about the unfairness, about ED "forcing me to befriend anarchists" or being "oppressed"? No. It's my choice to play as an anti-anarchist, and I must live with the consequences of that choice. So I simply accept that I will never, ever get those particular engineering upgrades, and I carry on playing the game without them.

I don't do powerplay & don't use any of their modules.

I put off unlocking that engineer but towards the end of last year made an effort to unlock them all (shortly before the Colonia ones were added, I've not visited those yet) and only had to do a single data mission to a distant binary to get the invite. It was actually one of the easiest engineers to unlock in the end. Don't remember whether it was a useful one or not.

Top Bottom