Forсing players to visit colonia engineers it is oppression

No, I wouldn' t do that in any circumstances. Not going to spend 4 hours watching jumping minigame. Thats the main reason, why Im still double Elite after years.
So FDEV can keep them.

Oppression? Revenge? Fly a week?
You serious?

Grab a discount 65 LY DBX and you're in Colonia via Neutron Highway in 4 hours.

Or less. I generally am there in about 2-3 hours, I buy and engineer my modules, LEAVE THEM there and go back to the bubble and play some slob to ship them for me. Ship shipping is expensive, but module shipping not so much.

When I fly out that way I often drop into those stations stretched out like a string across the gap to colonia, you know, just to pay a visit and see what's going on out there. It's more of trek then a quick pop down to the shop for the latest performance part. It is what it is, pay your dues.

Real men don't need SCBs or engineered life support. Become a real man, OP. Fly shiedless!

iu

Lestat

Banned
No, I wouldn' t do that in any circumstances. Not going to spend 4 hours watching jumping minigame. Thats the main reason, why Im still double Elite after years.
So FDEV can keep them.
Kill some time doing some exploration or mining on the way. It might take longer but you will not be watching 4 hours watching jumping Minigame. Oh, note. If you tickle some Neutron stars you can have a joy getting to that location in 2 hours or more.

agree it’s not a grind to get to colonia, like others I’ve done it in 109 neutrons in 2 x 2hr sessions, plus a few jumps for fuel stops, and I’ve made the journey 4 times . I also made sure I pinned the blueprints I’d need before I left the bubble, and can G5 my lasers and a couple of other modules. Yes some engineers are really slow in upgrading the levels, and I’m hoping this gets fixed come the update.

Colonia is no longer a hill billy outpost, it’s a thriving region with a strong economy. Lots of high value missions for allied cmdrs, CZ’s, haz res and cnb’s all with spectacular views . I’ve been there about 6 months and have no plans to move

Funny. For me it is/was the other way around.

I live in Colonia since 3302 and I had to make many trips to the bubble and back for engineering and new ships.

Its like living in Alaska and go shopping to New York City, in a car. lol

Fly/land safe.

CMDR Steyla

You can easily Min/Max a Conda and take the SCBs with you in it. It's not that big of a deal.. Conda can fit all but a size 8 SCB. Also, you can do the same with a T-9 and still have 55LY jump & an 8A fuel scoop. You can even STORE the modules, buy a sidewinder, and get back that way, and ship your modules back. 6 hours of YOUR IRL time. What saddened me, is how Lori is now useless.

Yes some engineers are really slow in upgrading the levels, and I’m hoping this gets fixed come the update.
All Colonia engineer modules upgrade through exactly the same rules and usage requirements. If a module is behind the others, that's because people aren't doing upgrades for it - there's nothing to fix. If you want it higher quickly, you might have to do some fast-tracking - which is what we did for a few of the higher modules. (Figures are our unofficial estimates, but backed up by a fair bit of experiment)

To go from G1 to G2To go from G2 to G3To go from G3 to G4To go from G4 to G5
Using Grade 1 upgrades300045001250029000
Using Grade 2 upgradesn/a2250625014500
Using Grade 3 upgradesn/an/a41669666
Using Grade 4 upgradesn/an/an/a7250

For fast-tracking, I'd recommend:
  • Don't bother pushing a module that's already at G3 - it takes a lot of materials and time, and once it gets that far, people engineering modules for personal use starts to add a significant number of points on each time anyway.
  • G1 blueprints are the most material-efficient, but you'll spend a lot of time repeatedly clicking on the screen. Use G2s once they're available - it saves a lot of time.
  • Organise a group to do it. You can do it solo, but it will be incredibly tedious and take ages. If ten of you do it then it'll go a lot quicker and you'll probably be done in under a week.

Logic isn't your strong suit, is it?

Press one button 200 times in a row without using any part of brain or body is not a challenge.

To be honest I would find pressing a button without using my brain or body an impossible challenge.

After doing a bit of modelling I doubt anybody is feeling disadvantaged by the Life Support as a 10th of a Ly improvement in jump range on a Beluga is pretty trivial. I leave it to people who find a use for them to comment on SCBs.

The engineering reason I see for going to Colonia is to get another different blueprint pinned for the same sort of module and I suppose I will get out there and do that sometime when I run out of things to do nearer home.

So FDEV can keep them.

Sadly I agree, I will also never be triple elite, I am being wilfully suppressed by FDEV requiring that I turn in combat bonds to unlock some engineers to make my phantom a uber killing machine, I just hate the combat minigame, they should change all engineers to be unlocked by exploration data.

Oh wait hang on....I don't care about triple elite.....I don't care about combat.....problem solvered, carry on everyone!

Top Bottom