Forum revamp coming soon!

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Actually, i seem to recall you once telling Brett you were in favour of a forum revamp, so its definitely your fault.

Ohhh I never did!!!

Nooooo not me.....

Was I drunk at the time?

As for secondary accounts... well, the mods won't be too pleased to see that. ;)

So, how are you going to decide which of my accounts will be my "primary" forum account?

Rushes off to start designing a set of avatars for other accounts.

Oh, and btw - how many of those "Forum Update" threads are there? I've found two so far; would it be time to report Will to the Mods to shut down one of them (or all but one?) as duplicate threads?

Last edited by a moderator:
jketlo01.png

Only one question, well possibly two depending on the answer to the first one but I digress as per usual... Is that Tj in the window and if so where's my gun? :D

One change I would make is have sections to the Off topic area or it's just going to end us as a free for all mess and make it unmanageable for people browsing it.

One change I would make is have sections to the Off topic area or it's just going to end us as a free for all mess and make it unmanageable for people browsing it.
This.
Also, merging Hardware and Astronomy sections to General Off Topic (if not as separate sub-forums) will cause lots of useful info get lost.

I’d really like to see some improvement to the search functionality. For myself, it’s currently frustrating that when searching for multi-word phrases, the search function searches for each word as opposed to the phrase. Even when wrapping the phrase in quotes.

Brett C

Frontier
I’d really like to see some improvement to the search functionality. For myself, it’s currently frustrating that when searching for multi-word phrases, the search function searches for each word as opposed to the phrase. Even when wrapping the phrase in quotes.

With XenForo, the search engine on XenForo uses ElasticSearch. It's fairly nice from the internal testing we've done. :)

Top Bottom