Forum Ship of the Year 2017: Round 4 - Combat zone!

Welcome CMDR's,

It's time for Round 4 of our little voting thingy... And that means combat ships!

PvP, PvE or PvT, combat is a huge part of Elite but which is the best ship for it? Well this is where you get to have your say and vote for the ship you've enjoyed fighting in the most. It may be that you are an expert in the Sidewinder at taking out Deadly Anacondas or you may be a Gunship pilot hell bent on hull tanking in a CZ, either way, what you fly has a huge impact on the outcome and time to kill.

Rules:
As per the last round there is no voting for the following:

Python
Anaconda
SRV

As these have already won a place in the grand final.

Voting will remain open for 48 hours at which time the winner will be declared and the final will commence with that ending on New Years Day.

Have a great weekend CMDR's!

After the first 24 hours things look like this...

4 x FGS
2 x FDS
1 x Eagle
3 x FDL
4 x Courier
12 x Vulture
9 x Corvette
5 x Cutter
1 x Medusa - I think Bomba's been at the Onion head again...
1 x Adder
7 x FAS
4 x Cobra MkIII
1 x Beluga
1 x Hauler
1 x T10
2 x DBS
1 x Keelback
1 x Sidwinder

And the winner is Vulture!

[video=youtube;qTalAyb6NbY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTalAyb6NbY[/video]

Last edited:
I was late to buy an Imperial Courier (I already had most of the major ships by then), but instantly fell in love with it.

The sound!
The cockpit view!
The speed (with enhanced thrusters and lightweight components)!
The shield strenght!

Whenever I get bored of the usual "chores" I do in ED, I jump into my iCourier for some BH and it never fails to put a big grin on my face.
(Imperial) Eagle gets an honorable mention for the same reasons, though it isn't nearly as durable.

Last edited:
The things I want in a CZ PvE ship are;

* Speed, to get out of there when things go haywire with multiple railspamming NPCs and to get from NPC blob to NPC blob quickly
* Anti-hull Firepower, ability to use hull-chewing weapons like PAs and high-calibre Cannon as the most lucrative targets are hull-tanking Pythons, Asps and Anacondas
* Close-in manoeuvrability, to get close enough to use said hull-chewing weapons
* Strong shields to avoid missiles, ability to fit fast-regen bi weaves, but decent enough hull underneath

As such, my vote goes to the Vulture.
It's strong and tanky enough to take the rail spam, manoeuvrable enough to get in close and dish out punishment with high-calibre weaponry, and fast enough to retreat when things get hairy

The magical Anaconda - for bang for the buck you can't beat it. But as I can't vote for that - Fed Corvette which is marginally better in a CZ over the 'Conda.

The things I want in a CZ PvE ship are;

* Speed, to get out of there when things go haywire with multiple railspamming NPCs and to get from NPC blob to NPC blob quickly
* Anti-hull Firepower, ability to use hull-chewing weapons like PAs and high-calibre Cannon as the most lucrative targets are hull-tanking Pythons, Asps and Anacondas
* Close-in manoeuvrability, to get close enough to use said hull-chewing weapons
* Strong shields to avoid missiles, ability to fit fast-regen bi weaves, but decent enough hull underneath

As such, my vote goes to the Vulture.
It's strong and tanky enough to take the rail spam, manoeuvrable enough to get in close and dish out punishment with high-calibre weaponry, and fast enough to retreat when things get hairy

If 'the Grape' - possibly the best 1v1 dogfighter in the game - says Vulture, then Vulture it is!

I suspect there will be a lot of FDL votes, and usually I would personally vote for the iCourier...

But this year I discovered the FGS.

It's a goddamn artillery platform squashed into a box, and it's bloody glorious. Is it meta? Is it unimpeachable? Nah mate. But it's the most fun I've had since I discovered Gutamaya's overshielded midget on crack.

My vote goes to the goddamn artillery platform in a box.

Goose4291

Banned
Adder

Tougher than a Sidewinder.
Shields equal to an Eagle.
Marginally slower than an Eagle.
Firepower on par with an iEagle

By far the best budget multirole combat ship around.

Vulture. I have many ships, and I do many things, but sometimes I just say screw all those thing, I just want to spin and twist and get in the blind spots of some bigger ships, then peck them to Death. Mine is my go to ship for shear fun.

Adder

Tougher than a Sidewinder.
Shields equal to an Eagle.
Marginally slower than an Eagle.
Firepower on par with an iEagle

By far the best budget multirole combat ship around.

Bought one on my new piracy account, got the funds for a viper mk.IV, bought a viper mk.IV, spent the next week missing the Adder.

If I had to live on a ship from the cheapest few, it'd be an Adder every time.

...sorry, I was touting the FGS wasn't I. ARTILLERY PLATFORM IN A BOX MAN.

Federal Corvette

I find it the most effective void consigner of all my ships
With beams and pulses, I can stay until my arm and shoulder goes numb
The two grade 5 efficient huge beams fires almost indefinitely thanks to a very good pd roll
And the fighter can be a very quick dispatcher too, if it survives long enough that is

FAS

I do like the FAS, great agility, medium sized, great hull, average shields, good power and weapons array, in PVE the biggies make it too easy so a lightly armoured FAS makes it a bit of a challenge! :)

Top Bottom