Forum Updates - July 19 2018

Partial success with DNS flush but some threads including this one still don't let me reach page 2 and beyond.

Kinda ironic that I can't see the second page of this thread (presumably due to DNS issues) - and nothing on the first page fixed it :(

Second page and beyond issue is being worked on right now. Apologies for those issues.

It seems to be less about the number and more about where you last were — I'm stuck on page 25 in a different thread, but can't get past 14 in a second one. In both cases, that's where I was when everything stopped working.

Be advised, I was getting the "Database Error" while posting. I attempting reposting a few times before clearing my dns. After clearing my dns I noticed that I each of my posts succeeded; resulting in one spammed thread. If you encounter this error, double check the thread by refreshing the page. Your post may have gone through.

Don't know if this is because of the changes to the forum, but the option to find latest post I made doesn't show resent ones at all...

It's a known issue, have finished the full search database reindex (18 hours later T_T). :)

So why is it that when I do a search for posts there still is variable performance? An example in Advanced Search - a search of Posts for the single keyword moon, Titles Only, forums and prefixes as default, listed by date shows one with last post yesterday but the next newest is the 20th - yet I posted two threads with moon in the title yesterday.

Also the "view forum posts" (and similar) for a user (including oneself and one's "started threads") still shows nothing more recent than the 19th.

This forum migration seems to have caused you a bit of a headache? ;)

Last edited:
Since the maintenance I've lost at least half of my subscribed threads. More recent threads are still there but it's the older ones that are "gone". For example in my "patch notes for major updates" folder there is only 3 threads, where there should be about 13. Obviously the threads still exist, I'm just no longer subscribed to them.

Brett C

Frontier
Since the maintenance I've lost at least half of my subscribed threads. More recent threads are still there but it's the older ones that are "gone". For example in my "patch notes for major updates" folder there is only 3 threads, where there should be about 13. Obviously the threads still exist, I'm just no longer subscribed to them.

The forums do auto-prune old (and i mean OLD) subscriptions. This generally happens when a thread is old and has no had any new updates in quite some time. I think its one year at last check.

Brett C

Frontier
Not sure what you mean. I'm talking about the NEW POSTS button on top of the forum, right next to FORUM and NEW DISCUSSIONS.

edit

Just in case it matters (these buttons may be in different places in other themes), I'm on Elite Orange [Fixed]

NEW POSTS search is regularly above 10 seconds now. That is pretty unusual to me.

Check now? Have clamped down on it.

The forums do auto-prune old (and i mean OLD) subscriptions. This generally happens when a thread is old and has no had any new updates in quite some time. I think its one year at last check.

Well that's not very helpful for those of us that keep threads for reference purposes (guides, tips etc. etc.). Serves me right for relying on the forum and not using bookmarks I guess.

Top Bottom