Forums Ship of the Year 2017 - The Results

Welcome CMDR's,

It's time for the big reveal as we run through the results of Forum Ship of the Year 2017!

Last year saw the Python run away with victory in out vote but has it done as well this year?

Without further delay lets see how the votes were tallied:

Voting was done on a points basis with the number of ships listed determining how many points they scored.

Listing ships scored the following:

1: Scores 4 points 1: Scores 3 points 1: Scores 2 points 1: Scores 1 point
2: Scores 3 points 2: Scores 2 points 2: Scores 1 point
3: Scores 2 points 3: Scores 1 point
4: Scores 1 point

The above allows people to not vote for a ship or submit a 'spoiled' ballet yet still count towards the total.

The points scored by each ship was then converted into a percentage of the total points issued to determine which ship won.

At last, the bit you've all been waiting for... No not Tj in a dress acting as my glamorous assistant, it's time for the results!

In Fourth place with 19.94%

The Vulture!

nb6m0u0lt9fy.jpg

In third place it got really close and only the last few votes saw the out come decided once and for all. With 23.31%...

S.R.V.

608BKMT.jpg

Second place with 25.77% goes to...

Anaconda

HighResScreenShot_2014-07-20_19-25-42%2B%25282%2529.jpg

Which means the winner with 30.98% of the votes goes once again to...

Python

7xPyC7U.jpg

Thank-you to everyone who took part in all the rounds and the final, without you this is not possible... As no one else seems stupid enough to do this! Until next year when we do it all again take care and have fun!

Well at least until Friday when I'll be back...

Bah humbug...this means my rigging didn't work!

What has my inside man been doing! They were supposed to change all the votes to SRV that anyone had made by cleverly sticking a cardboard sheet to your monitor, that has a forum drawn on and SRV votes by everyo...

...oh, I was supposed to be the inside man.

Bah humbug again I say!

It nearly came second! There was never any doubt it would be the Python that won but I was amazed to see the SRV gain a big lead early on and it was only the last few votes that changed it from having a 1 point lead over the Anaconda. :)

verminstar

Banned
You da man Bran...no way anyone else could have done it. Personally, I struggle to get through a whole week without at least one infraction, so its just not practical...cos Ill never change and will never be brought to heel :p

And so the mighty python wins again...now lets start a campaign to give our favourite ship an SLF bay and then we have the perfect ship ^

Hmmm, i find the Python efficient but dull, and prefer something speedy like the Cobra MK3 or Clipper. The categories were a bit rigged, and none seemed to let me objectively vote for the Cobra/Clippy.
Still i guess the Python's a worthy winner, might have to dust it off and have another go. Here's mine:

[video=youtube;QGENYBZTPNI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGENYBZTPNI[/video]

Welcome CMDR's,

It's time for the big reveal as we run through the results of Forum Ship of the Year 2017!

Last year saw the Python run away with victory in out vote but has it done as well this year?

Without further delay lets see how the votes were tallied:

Voting was done on a points basis with the number of ships listed determining how many points they scored.

Listing ships scored the following:

1: Scores 4 points 1: Scores 3 points 1: Scores 2 points 1: Scores 1 point
2: Scores 3 points 2: Scores 2 points 2: Scores 1 point
3: Scores 2 points 3: Scores 1 point
4: Scores 1 point

The above allows people to not vote for a ship or submit a 'spoiled' ballet yet still count towards the total.

The points scored by each ship was then converted into a percentage of the total points issued to determine which ship won.

At last, the bit you've all been waiting for... No not Tj in a dress acting as my glamorous assistant, it's time for the results!

In Fourth place with 19.94%

In third place it got really close and only the last few votes saw the out come decided once and for all. With 23.31%...

Second place with 25.77% goes to...

Which means the winner with 30.98% of the votes goes once again to...

Thank-you to everyone who took part in all the rounds and the final, without you this is not possible... As no one else seems stupid enough to do this! Until next year when we do it all again take care and have fun!

Well at least until Friday when I'll be back...

These are some serriously stunning pictures!

Hmmm, i find the Python efficient but dull, and prefer something speedy like the Cobra MK3 or Clipper. The categories were a bit rigged, and none seemed to let me objectively vote for the Cobra/Clippy.
Still i guess the Python's a worthy winner, might have to dust it off and have another go. Here's mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGENYBZTPNI

Each year I pick different categories to mix things up a bit, last year we did it by ship builder so the Cobra MkIII came up against the Python and that was a close vote - Who knows, maybe next year we'll see if size matters! ;)

These are some serriously stunning pictures!

Thanks! :D

No of them are mine - Credits to those who took them and of course to Frontier for making them.

Each year I pick different categories to mix things up a bit, last year we did it by ship builder so the Cobra MkIII came up against the Python and that was a close vote - Who knows, maybe next year we'll see if size matters! ;)

I really liked how you did this one Bran, getting people to vote the Anaconda early for exploration so they couldn't then vote for it in combat or trading - cunning. That said the darned Python still managed to worm it's way through to pole position huh? ... gah! (so SO close for the little SRV, now THAT would have been a quality result ... and also proof that the outcome of polls is heavily dependent on how you ask the question).

Top Bottom