Frameshift Live 4/5/2022: Console Account Transfers & Elite Dangerous 2022

I’m just as annoyed with FDEV’s lack of comms and constant flip-flopping as well but this is not a reason to complain. It’s pretty obvious they did not have this information yesterday and there seems to be a very dynamic situation behind the scenes. It’s good they are announcing something next week.
You mean to tell me that you honestly believe that they did not have console transfers and the future of the game figured out yesterday? But they do today?

I'm sorry, I'll show myself out. I'm glad to know that we will be getting news. I just can't believe they couldn't wait 24 hours to make this thread and not the one from yesterday. It's just appallingly bad communication.

Fingers crossed for the Console Crowd. I hope I'm wrong about transfers! 🤞

I feel very happy to read this, and must thank you for the heads up. People were very worried with that other post about the cancellation of this week's streaming!
Also, i always have been a PC player, but i'd be very glad if you can come up with a good and fair solution for those who are in consoles and want to play Odyssey.

Greetings Commanders!

Frameshift Live will be back next week on Wednesday 4th May at 16:00 BST where we will be discussing console account transfers, our focus for Elite Dangerous in 2022 and the usual community news!

See you there!

o7
zacen.gif

Because they didn't have that information the previous day?
That information being "the status of console transfers and the plan for the rest of this year?" They didn't have that yesterday, but they have it today?

I already said that I'll see myself out, but if that truly is the case that they didn't have all of that yesterday, but do today, why wasn't there someone in the room who said "Hey, can we wait 24 hours before we post that livestreams are indefinitely canceled?"

I'm not sure how my posts are being taken but it's just exasperating, this roller coaster! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That information being "the status of console transfers and the plan for the rest of this year?" They didn't have that yesterday, but they have it today?

I already said that I'll see myself out, but if that truly is the case that they didn't have all of that yesterday, but do today, why wasn't there someone in the room who said "Hey, can we wait 24 hours before we post that livestreams are indefinitely canceled?"

I'm not sure how posts are being taken but it's just exasperating, this roller coaster! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I... I mean, things can actually change over the course of a day?

Yea, but they got a lot of flak yesterday for being correct and today they get praise for being as equally correct 😇

Not from me. People are entitled to an opinion based on the information available to them. I can't help but feel that today's info has been expedited by the level of concern expressed by many yesterday, which seemed excessive based on Bruces post in isolation but clearly was felt to be the final straw.

Only in hindsight does concern about the future seem unfounded. People were right to be concerned, they wanted more info & now we have some.

Frameshift Live will be back next week on Wednesday 4th May at 16:00 BST where we will be discussing console account transfers, our focus for Elite Dangerous in 2022 and the usual community news!
I have a question for your team to ponder regarding console account transfers. No need to answer it now, I can wait for the livestream.

Assuming that Frontier does indeed allow a one-time transfer of assets from console to PC, will that work with an existing PC account? I started over from scratch when I switched to PC, but my PS4 account remains active (I didn't wipe it). I have more hours, and likely more cosmetics (including in-game earned decals for one-time events) on PS4 than I have on PC. Will it be possible to move my "stuffs" from PS4 to my existing PC account, or would I instead need to create a new account to do that?

I know merging two active accounts likely won't work when it comes to things like rank, faction standing, and all of that. The main thing I'm interested in are my cosmetics, and perhaps my ships, modules, and credits (though I can live without these). I paid real money for the cosmetics, and I have some decals that I can never earn on PC because they were one-offs, so that's why I'd really like to have these if possible.

Greetings Commanders!

See you there!

o7
Excellent news, thanks for the update Zac :)

If console transfers and future development of the game where all decided since yesterday morning, I'm afraid we won't be happy with what we hear next week.

But fair play...I suspect some won't be happy no matter what they hear. 🤷‍♂️
Well, the CM team can only liason what they're told and allowed to. Obviously they could not share this info yesterday for one of those reasons (or another, I don't know).

Top Bottom