Franchise API

Hi dev team,

I would really be interested in the availability of an API for the franchise store.

Here is my idea:
  • A web API available for people to use in their own creations
    • Could be authenticated/restricted via steam ids (or possible API tokens)
  • With the API you can do the following things
    • List all the animals in your franchise zoo's
    • Buy an animal with leafs
    • Sell an animal with leafs
    • See you balance
    • Do most things you can also do with the in-game market place.
  • Ultimately I could use this to create my own companion app for the game
    • If that app were ever to reach public availability of course it would be free since I can't make money off your product
    • This would remove the need for an official companion app.
    • This would mean I could trade my animals wherever I am, even if I am not able to play the game itself.
  • Technicalities:
    • The API would preferably use the JSON format
    • I am also a bit assuming the online market place already has some API running in the background
    • It would be a secure API so no unauthorized access for random people that have nothing to do with the game
Of course, there are many more details that I could come up with, but I think this conveys the general idea.
I would really like to get my hands on this and be able to create my own application around this.

Hope you like this idea, and I really hope this could be implemented in some future version of the game.

If there are any questions, I am more than happy to answer.

I'm against such kind of API. With it, you could program a bot which watches the market all the time and buys all cheap animals either to use them in your own zoos or even worse, to sell them at horrific prices. Even if you have good thoughts, there will always be someone who abuses this technique.

I'm against such kind of API. With it, you could program a bot which watches the market all the time and buys all cheap animals either to use them in your own zoos or even worse, to sell them at horrific prices. Even if you have good thoughts, there will always be someone who abuses this technique.
I see where you are coming from. That would certainly something that would need to be incorporated into the design. But I have some ideas to fix these problems. For example, you could limit the time between a trade, so you can only execute buy/sell orders on a humanly possible time scale. I think in the game already you have a maximum amount of animals you can store at one single point (I think it is 50?). In addition, an API could also enforce a rule on selling that says okay you can only sell for x times the buy price (I think this is something that could be in the game anyway). So I think there are ample of ways to solve this problem. And I think that building a bot that just reads the screen while your game is running and clicks the buttons, would already be possible (not 100% sure but I think it would technically possible).

I can't play franchise because of the lag in the trading center; It takes minutes to respond. If this can help with that, I'm all for it. I don't know how big an if that is.

Top Bottom