Please FDev, can we have a legitimate gameplay mechanic to free Slaves? Something like the Search and Rescue feature would do for now, at the very least, or faction-specific missions to free ‘X’ amount of Slaves. Something tied into faction rep and the BGS would be ideal, IMO.

I remember, very early in this game’s life, when I could take on missions to donate / liberate Slaves for an increase in reputation with a particular faction. Since those missions disappeared, there is now literally no way to legitimately / humanely release Slaves - jettisoning them into the vacuum of space doesn’t count!

I had a very enjoyable go at piracy yesterday, but with an honourable motive. I targeted an Anaconda hauling Slaves for profit, scanned and followed it’s wake in order to track it to a nearby system, then interdicted it. I then used hatch breaker limpets while under serious fire, and collector limpets to gather up 3 tonnes of slaves, before I had to withdraw before my shields collapsed.

It was an enjoyable experience and relatively successful, even if I only managed to get 3 tonnes of Slaves on that occasion. It’s a shame that my only choice left was either to sell the Slaves (which rather defeats the object) or jettison them while docked at a nearby station (my way of hopefully allowing them to escape with their lives!). Of course, I chose the latter option.

Please, please, PLEASE give us missions to free Slaves, or at least a legitimate way of releasing them, so we ‘honourable pirates’ can feel a warm and fuzzy sense of well-being inside. ;)

I like this, but if this happens I want to be able to attack passanger ships around visitor beacons and other points, take the passangers as prisoners and sell them later as slaves.

I like this, but if this happens I want to be able to attack passanger ships around visitor beacons and other points, take the passangers as prisoners and sell them later as slaves.

Ha, each to their own, I suppose! Funnily enough, you can already sell passengers into slavery via missions offered to passenger captains from in-flight comms, during regular transportation missions. I imagine your suggestion would just take this idea one step further...

Last edited:
Please, please, PLEASE give us missions to free Slaves, or at least a legitimate way of releasing them, so we ‘honourable pirates’ can feel a warm and fuzzy sense of well-being inside. ;)

Hand them over to the Thargoids. I'm sure they'll treat them well. :D

Top Bottom