ANNOUNCEMENT Free Update 1.8 Coming 18 June!

Steggs

Community Manager
Frontier
Hi everyone,

We're very excited to announce another new update is coming to Jurassic World Evolution on 18 June!

The free 1.8 update will bring a whole range of features to the game that have been widely requested by the Jurassic World Evolution community. If you caught our recent Feature Focus posts over the past two weeks, you'll know a lot of the main features already, such as: terrain brushes, scenery items, refined care for spinosaurids and gyrosphere improvements. Here's a quick breakdown of the Feature focus articles:

Terrain and Scenery Items
It's time to get creative with brand-new terrain and scenery items. Place new rocks, trees and shrubs in your dinosaur habitats or change their terrain from grass to dirt or sand on some islands! Read more about it right here.

Spinosaurid Care
Spinosaurids are receiving some refinement for their care with the addition of a wetland need to represent their swamp and coastal environments, as well as new fish feeders! They'll prefer to eat fish over standard meat or goats, so do add these into their homes to ensure they're content in their environment. Read more about it here.

Gyrosphere Improvements
Players have often told us they'd like to be able to build gyrosphere tracks to have one big tour of their park. We've made some changes to allow gyrospheres to pass through enclosure fences by adding automatic gates, so now you can wow your guests with a park wide tour of all of your exhibits! Read more about it here.

These features will be coming along with a number of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks to certain areas of the game like Monorails, dinosaurs, buildings and more, as well as some super exciting paid content which we'll be talking about separately soon.

We'll have more information available when the update goes live on 18 June, but in the meantime tune into our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments to have some fun, make some new like-minded friends, and chat about all things Jurassic World Evolution!

Hi everyone,

We're very excited to announce another new update is coming to Jurassic World Evolution on 18 June!

The free 1.8 update will bring a whole range of features to the game that have been widely requested by the Jurassic World Evolution community. If you caught our recent Feature Focus posts over the past two weeks, you'll know a lot of the main features already, such as: terrain brushes, scenery items, refined care for spinosaurids and gyrosphere improvements. Here's a quick breakdown of the Feature focus articles:

It's time to get creative with brand-new terrain and scenery items. Place new rocks, trees and shrubs in your dinosaur habitats or change their terrain from grass to dirt or sand on some islands! Read more about it right here.

Spinosaurid Care
Spinosaurids are receiving some refinement for their care with the addition of a wetland need to represent their swamp and coastal environments, as well as new fish feeders! They'll prefer to eat fish over standard meat or goats, so do add these into their homes to ensure they're content in their environment. Read more about it here.

Gyrosphere Improvements
Players have often told us they'd like to be able to build gyrosphere tracks to have one big tour of their park. We've made some changes to allow gyrospheres to pass through enclosure fences by adding automatic gates, so now you can wow your guests with a park wide tour of all of your exhibits! Read more about it here.

These features will be coming along with a number of bug fixes and gameplay tweaks to certain areas of the game like Monorails, dinosaurs, buildings and more, as well as some super exciting paid content which we'll be talking about separately soon.

We'll have more information available when the update goes live on 18 June, but in the meantime tune into our weekly livestreams on www.twitch.tv/frontierdevelopments to have some fun, make some new like-minded friends, and chat about all things Jurassic World Evolution!

Thank you guys!!

Thanks Frontier!, now to wait for paid DLC, i hope very interesting. Keep it up Frontier!. 💪💪💪💪

Greetings from Chile

Last edited:
Yes another DLC thank you Frontier! Finally we have a launch date for the updates as well as the new content in the DLC. 😍👍👍👍👍👍
This is definitely bad. June 18? I want to cryogenize until that day. Well I better cryogenize after knowing the content of the DLC.
Thanks Frontier!, now to wait for paid DLC, i hope very interesting. Keep it up Frontier!. 💪💪💪💪

Greetings from Chile
Sounds good. There should be a lot of terrain and scenery items. Some could be paid DLC.
Very well done! This update will revitalize the game! cant wait to see the DLC ;)

Why is everyone talking about/waiting a paid DLC? THESE FREE UPDATES ARE 65.000.000 TIMES BETTER!

Last edited:
Why is everyone talking about/waiting a paid DLC? THESE FREE UPDATES ARE 65.000.000 TIMES BETTER!
Because the free updates generally add the core features and expand on existing parts of the game. The paid DLC generally adds completely new things like maps and dinosaurs.
And we now know what the free update looks like for the most part. Now the big mystery is the upcoming paid DLC.

Hi everyone,

Spinosaurid Care

Gyrosphere Improvements

[Is that a baby Spino?]
Is that a baby Spino?

I am very happy to finally have a date to put on my calendar. I was really excited as I did not know when the update will drop, even though it is 20 days away, the update is shaping up rather well and the paid content has got my interest. I can't wait to see what the team has in store :)

Top Bottom