ANNOUNCEMENT Free Update 1.8 Coming 18 June!

Man, these are gonna be a long three weeks. Can't wait to hear about the DLC

giphy.gif

Man, these are gonna be a long three weeks. Can't wait to hear about the DLC

giphy.gif

They were a long, long six months. Can definitvely wait 3 weeks lol

I laughed even more at the Rex, where did you find that gif? XD

Also, I just hope the upcoming DLC won't be the leaked Claire Dearing thing because that would mean I'd rather skip it and all the next until JWE2 🙈

Thank you for the update! I feel so pumped for this game. I stayed up until 2 am building my new park with the next patch in mind. :D

Got a nice wetland built for my Spinosaurids, some pathside gaps for a row of palms, hillsides for texturing, a massive sectioned enclosure for gyrosphere gates.

I am going to spam so many screenshots, you'll end up closing the thread....

Does this mean that potentially, we could house Baryonyx or Suchomimus together with other medium sized carnivores like Metriacanthosaurus or Ceratosaurus, with the Spinosaurids preferring fish to the meat dispensers, since now they wouldn't be competing directly for the same prey?

Does this mean that potentially, we could house Baryonyx or Suchomimus together with other medium sized carnivores like Metriacanthosaurus or Ceratosaurus, with the Spinosaurids preferring fish to the meat dispensers, since now they wouldn't be competing directly for the same prey?

There's an achievement for photographing a Spinosaurus fighting a T.rex, and I don't think they'll remove it.
So if a large fish-eater can't be housed with a large carnivore, the same would apply to medium size dinosaurs.

HOWEVER MAYBE large fish-eater and medium carnivore (i.e. Spinosaurus and Ceratosaurus) or viceversa (i.e. T-rex and Suchomimus) could work.
I don't think it will happen but who knows?

my guess next Tuesday or the next Tuesday after that before the launch of the update will feature Focus probably the DLC for the paid content feature Focus 4
I think it will be simpler. I am sure that next Tuesday (when there are just two weeks left until the release of 1.8) we will have the DLC trailer that will be released along with the free update as Frontier has always done.

And who knows if from that day we will have species profile of the new dinosaurs that will be added to give us more hype if possible.

Ooo... sounds like the perfect time to pick this game up again. These updates address some of the frustrations I've had about the game not offering the same amount of customization as Operation Genesis. Thanks for continuing to improve the game!

I haven't been around these parts in a while, too many tail-measuring contests, but this is the most impressive update I've seen from you guys yet... the treatment of the Spinosaurids was a huge nitpick of mine in the final game, but one I never complained about much because I saw it as so unlikely to be repaired. Too little reward for too much risk. Why would Frontier Developments risk breaking two critical binary ingame systems (grassland/forest and plants/meat) for the low reward of a more accurate system for a few of us. I'm very, very pleased with those features and look forward to utilizing them in my parks.

As for Gyrosphere Tours, that's a very welcome addition as well but one I was expecting much more so. Still, going to be fun to play with in the future.

I'm lucky that I have work to keep me occupied until the release because I am dying for some more content! Keep up the good work, ladies and gents. You've already brought us great joy by creating a spiritual successor to Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis and now you are making it something unique here.

We're finally getting to where a game like this should be. A rough start admittedly but by God can you guys polish up.

Top Bottom