IMPORTANT: Free Update 1.8 coming soon!

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hi coaster friends!

We hope you're having a wonderful time, wherever in the world you might be!

We're happy to announce that we're preparing another update for you, which as per usual is a free update combined with a new special Pack! We're going to hold on to the Pack info a bit longer, but would love to share all the free stuff that is coming in update 1.8 soon!

(Please note that the recently announced Thememaker's Toolkit is not included in the 1.8 update, but in a future one this year instead!)

12113e55-663b-4af6-a59b-223f153f63f2.jpg

RESTAURANTS

The PlanCo chefs have been working hard to prepare the most mouth-watering menus for the brand new restaurants you can now place in your parks! Have your guests get together for a yummy daytime or evening meal to enjoy in one of the fine establishments you choose to build. Restaurants are built very similarly to hotels by creating a restaurant facility that guests enter, and increasing its capacity with additional expansions. You can of course dress it up to your liking or use one of the provided in-game blueprints. Once your guests have finished their meals, they will leave with a boost to their happiness, food, and drink rating - which will vary on what your restaurant offers and what your guests have bought. You can customise what your restaurants offer by choosing from the different in-game brands and creating a menu; the more items being served, the higher your running costs. You can increase the effectiveness of your restaurants by using perks to attract different guest demographics and increase their star rating.

You can also play around with restaurant capacity (very similar to how hotels work). Each box represents a group of 4 at a table, so if you place 20 boxes inside your restaurant, you have space for 80 guests to dine. Guests who have a meal at a restaurant will feel spoiled and luxurious, so do try them out for yourself!

NEW SCENERY

We're adding some extra vending machines, building on the ones that were released in previous update 1.7! You can now also expect to find Chief Beef, Hotdog Squad, Pizza Pen, Cosmic Cow ice cream, Mexcelente, Tiki Chiki, Monsieur Frites and Missy Good donuts. It's looking like a yummy update already...

8f865f24-76d4-4df4-b91f-33db42255cdf.jpg

OBJECT BROWSER IMPROVEMENTS

We've added more tags to better categorise and identify objects in the building menus for Planet Coaster. You can add your own tags to scenery and blueprints, or based on projects you're working on, so that you can more efficiently find your more commonly used pieces. We've also created a Favourites category, which is an easier way to find the items you use all the time! You can now use the search bar to search for these tags, which should hopefully help with the endless scrolling for that one wall piece or, my favourite, the Dragon Poo.

TRIGGER EVENTS FOR DOORS

All door animatronics have been changed in the game so that they have extra trigger options, and you can now open and close them as you please. This much-requested change allows you to perfectly time coaster doors with their coasters or tracked rides, right up until the last 100th of a second.

NEW FIREWORKS

A host of new firework shapes including letters and Planet Coaster iconography are ready to shoot into the skies, and will give your park that extra spark of excitement.

CUSTOMISE OPERATION STAFF

Another much-requested feature, you can now customise the staff colours of the ticket booth staff and the ride operators! Time to make those green and purple aliens!

91f79a08-3217-4072-b463-cd3b0bb9a050.jpg

COASTER IMPROVEMENTS

Lapping has been added to 38 coasters, which allows you to lap the train through the station multiple times! We've also improved the Operations Tab with a dropdown menu showing only the possible operations mode for a specific coaster: Standard, Lapping, and Block section.

EVEN MORE NEW ADDITIONS!

You thought that was it? Think again! We've also removed the blue glow around selected scenery items, making it easier to change their colours; we've added new audio effects to the camera effects introduced in update 1.7, and triggerable speakers now have the option to change their pitch by trigger, meaning you can bend or snap to that pitch by up to an octave.

We hope you're excited about this amazing free update, and we will be telling you even more about the additional Pack really soon. Please be sure to tune in TONIGHT at 7PM BST to watch Lead Artist Sam Denney and Gameplay Programmer Robert Chisholm talk about the 1.8 free update (and Sam's promised us to not drop any spoilers about the upcoming Pack...) over at www.youtube.com/planetcoaster/live

We hope to see you there!
[heart]
Bo

Sounds like some nice additions to the last few updates, fleshing them out. Nothing revolutionary, but very nice either way.

I've been out of the game for a few months now, so hopefully this (together with that mysterious special Pack) can pull me back in [big grin]

I'll be checking in for the stream tonight!

Thank you so much Frontier! Restaurants, Operation Staff recoloring, new vending machines and fireworks and... Amazing! Planet Coaster forever!!![happy]

Its a very good patch! Thank you guys!

Big fan of the lapping of coasters, this is particularly good on the junior vekomas, they usually like being two-lap specials.

Love the sound of the restaurants too and a nice continuum from the hotels, I'm a bit scared of the 4 capacity per block though, that doesn't seem very guest:space efficient if we think about how many people can fit into a building, I'd like to see this bumped up a bit at some point!

In terms of the blue glow this is something we've wanted for a long time now and its a very welcome one! If the blue glow is gone is there anything that helps us see what we've selected now? Will we have an outline or something? Does this blue glow removal also affect coasters? (which was usually a pretty big victim of this).

Fantastic, love it! Hopeful!

NEW FIREWORKS

A host of new firework shapes including letters and Planet Coaster iconography are ready to shoot into the skies, and will give your park that extra spark of excitement.

COASTER IMPROVEMENTS

Lapping has been added to 38 coasters, which allows you to lap the train through the station multiple times! We've also improved the Operations Tab with a dropdown menu showing only the possible operations mode for a specific coaster: Standard, Lapping, and Block section.

[woah]

More free stuff, thanks team [up] Looking forward to spoiler Sam revealing all unintentionally this evening and the DLC announcement next week [cool]

This new update looks amazing. Finally I can add restaurants to my parks. Also I like that I can now lap my coasters multiple times through the station. This will come in handy for my kiddie and family coaster. I can't wait to hear more about the special pack and hope it includes more flat rides and hopefully a chair lift ride and Grand Carousel.

Excellent free update.

I’m particularly looking forward to the restaurants. No more long queues!

Quick question though - will the in-game scenarios be adjusted to allow them to be used? Any progress on the DLC requiring research as opposed to be unlocked in scenarios?

Looking forward to the next pack and my upcoming time off from work!

I have a question:

I assume when doing "lapping mode" you can only place 1 train?

So it will have an impact on throughput. And it will be interesting to see how it affects EFN values.

Interesting update, however, I'm wondering why you opted to make the restaurants exactly the same as the hotels as opposed to having tables you can put down to increase capacity, and have the guests actually go inside a building so that you can see them sit down and have a meal, and therefore push people into making interiors for restaurants? I'm just not sure what the purpose for them now are really.

Also, still no update on being able to get rid of curbs/kerbs on elevated paths? It's such an easy thing that would improve people's parks immensely.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
First of all, im always hyped when i see an update thread pop up :D
Maybe i should hold on to my opinion untill i have seen it all but i will give my first thoughts anyway :

Laps on coasters :
Definatly a very awesome addition!! This was always on my wishlist so im more then happy to see we will be getting it!!
Great to see that small little treats and updates are still being done on coasters. They keep getting better.

Restaurants :
You can't like everything and by the sounds of it, i will not use it. We already have shops, food being sold, picknick tables, etc.
What i personally would like is to have more control over my restaurants. I would love to only place the shop vendor and then dress up everything myself (without the prefab building).
What we get now is the opposite, it is black boxing the meganism.
Nonetheless, its good to have it both ways ofcourse. And a great addition for people who don't want to do everything themselfs.
But for me personally this makes my desire to have shops without the surrounding building even bigger. *fingers crossed for the future*

Triggers on doors :

OMG!! im so happy about this!! I can write a whole essay on why, but i think it's pretty clear why. Thanks for this!!
Sometimes something sounds like a small addition, but can have a huge impact. This for me is a perfect example!

Customise Staff :

Another very very nice feature!! Thanks a lot!

Vending machine's :
what can i say? Bring them in!! Always good to have more options and i really love the design of them!

All in all it seems like an awesome update, especially considering this is only the FREE part!! I can't wait to see what is in store for the other part!!
As always a big thank you for the amazing work that has been done! [heart][heart][heart]

Top Bottom