IMPORTANT: Free Update 1.8 coming soon!

I created this account just to say THANK YOU @Frontier for this amazing game, and thank you for continuously improving PlanCo.

What has that got to do with anything? A feature you want may or may not be in the game yet, not really relevant to the additions that have been made.

Since it's a feature that's been heavily requested since they implemented the feature of removing curbs on paths touching the ground, I feel like I can ask this question since they've never once addressed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my favourite updates! Has it been announced when it's out?

As for the Pack.. I don't care what it is, just have my money...

A little nervous about the restaurants. Sounds like it will operate in the same way as Hotels where instead of rooms they are "tables" but there will be no way to represent a guest sitting at a table and eating... Speaking purely before I see it, may have been better to be able to allocate picnic benches within a radius like we do rooms instead of having boxes?

But lapping? Yes please!

More vending machines? Yes please

Staff customisation? Yes please if I don't have to do them one-by-one

Fireworks? Sure, I don't use them often, but whatever!

Bring it on!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Since it's a feature that's been heavily requested since they implemented the feature of removing curbs on paths touching the ground, I feel like I can ask this question since they've never once addressed it. Also... stop it.

It was adressed once, i remember Bo stating sometime ago the request was definatly noted. [happy]
Maybe it's just not as easy to implement as we might think. Or they simply didn't have the time to do it because they worked on other awesome stuff as we can see on the first page [big grin]

It was adressed once, i remember Bo stating sometime ago the request was definatly noted. [happy]
Maybe it's just not as easy to implement as we might think. Or they simply didn't have the time to do it because they worked on other awesome stuff as we can see on the first page [big grin]

Sure, I still feel like it's a legitimate thing to ask about without being harassed by the same people that always harasses anyone that has any criticism, always the same thing in here with this. This update is interesting to me, but not super great in my opinion. An opinion I'm allowed to have btw.

Ah yes - in reference to an above poster. Will there be a way in this update to sell ALL uniforms for the entire park? I.e program a default colour for each security guard?

I suppose I could ask in the livestream but that depends on the wife...

I for one am very happy with the restaurants. Sure, it would've been great to be able to build complete restaurants, and hotels. But for the most part I would be working on the park as a whole and building coasters, buildings, etc. already take up a lot of time and effort. So building an entire restaurant would just defeat the purpose of building a theme park. Especially interiors are a pain for me to do.

All the other changes/additions are also very, very awesome.

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
I for one am very happy with the restaurants. Sure, it would've been great to be able to build complete restaurants, and hotels. But for the most part I would be working on the park as a whole and building coasters, buildings, etc. already take up a lot of time and effort. So building an entire restaurant would just defeat the purpose of building a theme park. Especially interiors are a pain for me to do.

All the other changes/additions are also very, very awesome.

Thats exactly what i ment!! Not everyone plays the game in the same way. And it's awesome to see how everyone get's features and ways thats is suiting to the way they are playing. [up][heart]

Thank you guys! Some great additions in this update. That Favorites menu and customizable tagging is something I've hoped might be added for a long time, and will really make it easier. There are just some pieces I can never remember the name of to search for them. And the ability to hold doors open? THANK YOU! I guessed that was more complicated than it sounded to implement, I know they were just run as animations before, so I had kind of assumed it just wouldn't be a thing... and then you went and pulled it off. You all rock!

(And vending machines and more colorable staff and fireworks, eeeeeee! :D )

New wooden coaster station idea Idea and more

so i am building a wooden coaster and i love the fact that the trains sometimes roll out the station because the station is on a slight tilt instead of wheels powering the train out, its a small detail i think use shoudl add to make them more realistic and in my opinoin satisfying.

another idea i have is how you already have coaster friction controls, well i thought use could have chosable friction controls so as your editing the coaster select the part of track you want to go faster or slower and change the friction controls but it doesn't affect the rest of the coasters speed.

and also one more change i think use should make is that on the fire effects you have in game (not the flamethrower one) have it so it doesn't have a fire trail after the fire turns off since at the moment when the actual flame is turned off a slightly smaller flame stays which i think you should remove.

I hope these are all put into the game :)

Yeah! I'm loving the free update! I find it kind of weird though to have food in a vending machine instead of snacks, [tongue] but oh well it's still a nice addition. [happy][up] I'm loving the new looping on coasters so...that was a great addition. The restaurant thing sounds cool, but kind of agree on some other people of not being able to decorate and watch people eat. I rather have place a shop vendor and then dress up everything myself (without the prefab building). Either way it's a nice free update. I hope in the pack we possibly see a chairlift/skylift, Giant Carousel, Giant Flume, Elevator, more flat rides, and maybe Goofy Golf.

I think I'm most excited about the browser improvements and being able to add my own tags. Will make grouping and building much faster not having to search forever for that one piece I can never remember where its at or what its named!

I was building a hotel two days ago for the first time, and I thought: "Why not do the same with restaurants? " And Boom! here we go! :)

(my opinion througout)

So now I can replace my food vendors like I did my drink vendors ;-)

Soon I'll have no vendors in my park at all
Doable, yeah. I mainly use the vending machines for areas where guests get hungry/thirsty/stuff-happy but I don't want to spring for a staffroom. (Would be alleviated by the ability to designate staff-only paths, that way I could put a staffroom between adjacent themed areas without the guests streaming through.) Also put drink machines near busy drink vendors to handle overflow, it'll be nice to be able to do that for food with more than popcorn. And now I can put a donut machine next to the coffee machine!

I think I'm most excited about the browser improvements and being able to add my own tags. Will make grouping and building much faster not having to search forever for that one piece I can never remember where its at or what its named!
I'm reserving judgement on this till I get my hands on it, but very hopeful!

Can't say I'm enthused about black-box restaurants, but it'll be nice to have the option. I don't use fireworks, but happy for those who do.

My first impression faves: Glow-selection removal, speaker-pitch changing, lapping coasters, better door-options, and flexi-color ride operators! Thanks Frontier!

Congratulation to this wonderful latest free update that includes so many new features I was waiting for for a long time.
Do I need to mention how exciting I am to get the news about the DLC?! ;)

Top Bottom