IMPORTANT: Free Update 1.8 coming soon!

What would be nice, despite them not being usable, is the addition of restaurant scenery - for example the cutlery / sauce area, booths, tables / chairs etc

What would be nice, despite them not being usable, is the addition of restaurant scenery - for example the cutlery / sauce area, booths, tables / chairs etc

Yes, that would be reasonable to expect. I don´t understand why they add management feature (that is in my opinion just poorly executed and re-skinned hotels), while the focus is mostly on aesthetics and building? It´s clearn that people play this game for everything, but management, so why even bother adding another sub-par feature? Not even saying that, for most players, it will rly make no difference as they were creating hotels already...

Personally I also would like to see another kind of restaurants instead of the black boxes. Tables where the guest can take their meal and an employee, which has the function of a waiter serving the food.

The only think, I would use this black boxes are indoor attractions like a 3D/4D-Cinema, apart from that they theb could remind one for adult video boxes [squeeeeee]

It occurred to me that restaurants could further damage scenario play. If restaurants are not researchable, scenarios that now require the player to research food and drink to keep guests happy will lose this aspect of play.

Just as DLC rides have made some scenarios less challenging and fun, I fear restaurants will have the same negative impact. I hope I'm wrong.

It occurred to me that restaurants could further damage scenario play. If restaurants are not researchable, scenarios that now require the player to research food and drink to keep guests happy will lose this aspect of play.

Just as DLC rides have made some scenarios less challenging and fun, I fear restaurants will have the same negative impact. I hope I'm wrong.

Hotels are researchable, so I expect Restaurants to be as well, it's the rides and scenery items that are not researchable, and the vintage machines.
Hotels was like Restaurants part of the free update, therefore I expect them to be part of research as well.

Yes, that would be reasonable to expect. I don´t understand why they add management feature (that is in my opinion just poorly executed and re-skinned hotels), while the focus is mostly on aesthetics and building? It´s clearn that people play this game for everything, but management, so why even bother adding another sub-par feature? Not even saying that, for most players, it will rly make no difference as they were creating hotels already...

Don't get me wrong, but how did you want to see restaurants to make them less about aesthetics and building?

If it was an open counter type of shop, we would still be decorating it? Even more because it's open?

Or do you mean something else?

Hotels are researchable, so I expect Restaurants to be as well, it's the rides and scenery items that are not researchable, and the vintage machines.
Hotels was like Restaurants part of the free update, therefore I expect them to be part of research as well.

Don't get me wrong, but how did you want to see restaurants to make them less about aesthetics and building?

If it was an open counter type of shop, we would still be decorating it? Even more because it's open?

Or do you mean something else?

Yes, we would be decorating it. I have nothing against. The point is, you can build a restaurant even now (non-functional). I would say, this, what they do, will bring nothing to anyone. People who want more management won´t probably be happy with just reskined hotels. And people who like to build scenery won´t appreciate it either, because they don´t care about management and they already were building hotels. The only thing that could make this group happy is possible new scenery set for restaurants, but that´s it.

So, I wonder why Frontier still keep adding this kind of thing? We asked for restaurants, I admit it. But most reactions confirm we didn´t want them to be implemented this way. Again, Frontier just took something, changed few things and they are selling it as a new feature. Many people here is asking for gameplay improvements, so that´s nice Frontier does something about it. The bad about that is that they don´t listen to those who want gameplay changes, otherwise they would simply stop adding these half-baked and not rly so fun features and do what people are asking for and consider more important. Such as general balance of the management.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
But wasn't the 'Vintage' announcement on twitch, which was Monday noon I believe, so who really knows.

was it...good to know. I have trouble with twitch so I really really hope it’s on youtube. Easier platform to use. i hope it’s wednesday.

Personally I am happy with the addition of restaurants. Ultimately it’s also a free update so can’t grumble too much.

Yes, they could’ve looked into implementing waiters / attached picnic tables / open plan restaurants but I suppose without communications we will never know if that was considered and just not feasible. Perhaps a QA dev session is needed? Not a livestream free for all but a submitted list that covers the majority of what players consistently ask?

Restaurants allow for non-sandbox players on company scenarios to have a building which ticks multiple needs. It adds a different aspect to management / customisation as well. For scenery based players, thinking a bit creatively will allow for good restaurants. I’m thinking a bistro / cafe with an internal shop / seating area (picnic tables) and then the black box is the “restaurant” section. That way, the building has two uses and still appears in proper use.

I’m not discounting anyone’s opinion, we are all entitled to them!

joel do you know any thingk about is the tools will get animation options it woud be cool
not just 3d modeling but also anima.
and it woud realy make my day if thay inplemented effect maneger like in rct3 [big grin][big grin][big grin]

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
joel do you know any thingk about is the tools will get animation options it woud be cool
not just 3d modeling but also anima.
and it woud realy make my day if thay inplemented effect maneger like in rct3 [big grin][big grin][big grin]
Yes, animated scenery objects (animatronics) are supported, and will be triggerable.

From the Thememaker’s Toolkit Support FAQ;
Can you create moving pieces like animatronics?

Yes. If your .fbx file contains keyframes, it will be animated and therefore triggerable.

I do not know of any plans to add the RCT3 Mixmaster to Planet Coaster. Planet Coaster has a Display Sequencer which is the equivalent of the RCT3 Mixmaster, and it may be for copyright reasons that it doesn’t look too much like the RCT3 version.

Yes, we would be decorating it. I have nothing against. The point is, you can build a restaurant even now (non-functional). I would say, this, what they do, will bring nothing to anyone. People who want more management won´t probably be happy with just reskined hotels. And people who like to build scenery won´t appreciate it either, because they don´t care about management and they already were building hotels. The only thing that could make this group happy is possible new scenery set for restaurants, but that´s it.

So, I wonder why Frontier still keep adding this kind of thing? We asked for restaurants, I admit it. But most reactions confirm we didn´t want them to be implemented this way. Again, Frontier just took something, changed few things and they are selling it as a new feature. Many people here is asking for gameplay improvements, so that´s nice Frontier does something about it. The bad about that is that they don´t listen to those who want gameplay changes, otherwise they would simply stop adding these half-baked and not rly so fun features and do what people are asking for and consider more important. Such as general balance of the management.

True.

I would like to see open style counters though to create your own restaurants without boxes.

the best way to deal with the restaurant is maybe get very creative with art pieces and place tables inside and change the way the boxes look from the inside view point. maybe if you place picnic tables inside the restaurant and use art pieces maybe the game will glitch and allow guests to eat there instead and just find a way to make the boxes look good. just a idea thinking out side the box here.
or combine the hotels to the restaurants there is many with food courts in them. why not combine them both.

Not sure if anyone has talked about this yet, but I don't see the issue with this manner of building hotels and soon to be restaurants. All you have to do is have the one black door attached to a path that goes into the building you intend to build. Just add the modules down. They are still connected to the main entry and do not take up precious space at ground level.
uauJpW.jpg

as you can see, once the mods are added...you can build and dress a structure anyway you want and make it look really great. I have a very basic wall placed here for the explanation, but its basically open free building and designing as normal...with a functioning structure. Does not solve the problem everyone is seeming to have?
BBfKUT.jpg

Wowman - it would need some testing but the only issue I can foresee is that the rooms have their own scenery rating. So to make guests actually visit the hotel / restaurant, you’d need to sink chests along side the pods. I personally don’t use that method but it’d be necessary in this instance.

Top Bottom