General / Off-Topic French pressident Macron unveils the mockup of the future European fighter!

That might be the future, but I don't think anyone will understand what's going on. War fighting isn't immune from future shock. Plus, never underestimate the egos of fighter pilots, and the Great Pyramid of Hubris.

Economics will win out- cheap disposable kamikaze drones will slowly replace more and more of offensive aircraft since they can be either remote or AI controlled, meaning less risk to the squishy pilot.

Most, if not all 6th gen aircraft will be optionally manned plus have force multiplying AI wing buddies, and opening attacks these days are from guided missiles rather than manned aircraft. The pilot is the weak link, they are heavy, need life support and can't take rapid maneuvering easily without being squeezed like a Capri Sun.

However this is not rosy for complex battle situations when having a pilot with eyes on matters, and it does make communications resilience more of a vital issue. There is the thorny issue of AI in charge of weapons, but with Russia and possibly China forging ahead it might erode the concern of NATO countries.

Today, at the international Paris Air Show that took place at Le Bourget, French President Emmanuel Macron, accompanied by foreign ministers of Spain and Germany, revealed the mock-up of what is destined to become the main European 6th generation jet fighter.

Meanwhile, UK plans next generation of air defence.
D-kzmxmXoAARCE9

You laugh, but the UK is actually an advanced nation as far as aerospace. If Taranis + MAGMA come together that will be a potent drone strike platform that is more advanced than nEUROn. BAE Tempest is arguably further along (and more ambitious) than the European 6th gen as well. In reality the UK should relearn its lost skills of designing practical and affordable tech, much like Sweden and SAAB do.

Today, at the international Paris Air Show that took place at Le Bourget, French President Emmanuel Macron, accompanied by foreign ministers of Spain and Germany, revealed the mock-up of what is destined to become the main European 6th generation jet fighter.

This fighter will be the result of a consortium between France, Germany and Spain. Who will join forces to deliver the jet fighter of the future.

Let me tell you, its a beauty! :)

6224.jpg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsAIroM0BQk

F-35 mk2 ?

After I had posted my F35 comment it dawned on me the new plane looked more like an F22-Raptor than an F35-Lightning II, all in its off to a good start, however I cannae help but feel its potentially a bit redundant? By that I mean the Raptop is the current holy grail of stealth/manoeuvrability, let down by its electronics. So why dont we do a china and emulate the f22 air frame but with modern electronics?

After I had posted my F35 comment it dawned on me the new plane looked more like an F22-Raptor than an F35-Lightning II, all in its off to a good start, however I cannae help but feel its potentially a bit redundant? By that I mean the Raptop is the current holy grail of stealth/maneuverability, let down by its electronics. So why don't we do a china and emulate the f22 air frame but with modern electronics?
This would require people admitting that they were wrong. :)

The whole point of making its own fighters, its to avoid depending on someone else to protect one's interests.

The plane might look same ish in the outside, but believe me, in the inside it will be a whole other monster.

And we won't have to wait until a foreign country ends developing their own fighters. As the Brittish are now painfully aware.

Oh, and BTW. The Raptor gets owned by a Rafale! XD

You can clearly hear the pilot saying FOX 2. And that is a kill!

In the video, I count 3 clear shot opportunities. And 0 for the Raptor. (We would have heard the alarms indicating otherwise)

Last edited:
The whole point of making its own fighters, its to avoid depending on someone else to protect one's interests.

The plane might look same ish in the outside, but believe me, in the inside it will be a whole other monster.

And we won't have to wait until a foreign country finish developing their own fighters. As the Brittish are now painfully aware.

Oh, and BTW. The Raptor gets owned by a Rafale! XD

You can clearly hear the pilot saying FOX 2. And that is a kill!

In the video, I count 3 clear shot opportunities. And 0 for the Raptor. (We would have heared the alarms indicating otherwise)
The Rafale is clearly the best plane in the world.

😊

Top Bottom