From Bubble to Colonia (21.800 ly) in 3 hours 16 minutes

Hello!
I'd like to share my last achievement. I made my fastest run from Bubble to Colonia in 3 hours 16 minutes.

Start: System HR 8444 (Station: Maskelyne Vision)
End: System Kopernik
Ship: Anaconda 56.56 ly
Distance: ~21.800 ly

Screenshots from Bubble:
2017-04-14_21^00_HR 8444.jpg
2017-04-14_20^59_HR 8444.jpg
Screenshots from Colonia (Kopernik):
2017-04-15_00^15_Kopernik.jpg
2017-04-15_00^26_Kopernik.jpg
This was taken 10 minutes later when I landed.

I needed 144 jumps (Neutron Highway) and didn't use any special application except Captain's Log [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/155545-Explorer-s-Application-Captain-s-Log].

That is good going. I might go out there myself. My aspX has a 49ly range. The shear distance has made me reluctant to go.
Is there a map of the Nutron highway that i can use? That would be very useful.
Thanks

Wow, that’s very fast! My fastest run in my Asp X is 5 hours 41 minutes of cumulative game time, that was utilizing the neutron highway too. Admittedly though I wasn’t pressing as fast as I possible could, but I doubt my 54ly Asp could do much better than that.

Although now with the shorter 2.3 hyperspace times she probably could. And my 58.7ly DBX might be able to do even better still. I doubt I’d ever come close to your speed though, the frackin Anaconda just jumps too much farther than any other ship can.

3 hours 16 minutes is very impressive, one could say it's... unbelievable... As in, I do not believe you. Nice troll though, almost bought it if I hadn't just made that same trip in that same ship (61ly jump range), took me 3 days of 6 hour sessions.

3 hours 16 minutes is very impressive, one could say it's... unbelievable... As in, I do not believe you. Nice troll though, almost bought it if I hadn't just made that same trip in that same ship (61ly jump range), took me 3 days of 6 hour sessions.

18 hours with a 61 Ly ship? Were you doing economy jumps? That's way too long. My 57 Ly Conda did it in about 5ish hours

Kudos to you.

Personally, those long range trips are too eye-gougingly tedious. I just can't do them anymore. :(

Nice im engineering my AspX for high Jump range. at 54ly right now with some tweeks still incoming.
i wanted to speed run to colonia. So i will use your time as a target.

144 jumps is approximately 144 minutes. So in theory, it should be doable in 2 hours and 24 minutes, without docking. :p

But using neutron stars is a bit slower per jump, which would explain the extra hour, I assume.

(Well done OP!)

What size fuel scoop did you have?

Before Neutron Start Jumping, Engineers or Jumponium were a thing the record for Sag A was about 8 hours. With those 3 things it's way way lower. The OP's post is impressive but not beyond belief.

EDIT

144 Jumps! My commander in a fully laden Cutter that's heading for Colonia right now can only dream of such figures, that's about 3 K LY's for me.

Last edited:

Um, you do know that he posted screenshots proving his times, right? :S

I've done the trip in just a few hours more than him, but before 2.3 and in a ship with less range, so yeah his time is totally believable to me. I could probably get very close to it in a low mass Anaconda using the neutron highway if I really pressed it.

Last edited:
Hello!
I'd like to share my last achievement. I made my fastest run from Bubble to Colonia in 3 hours 16 minutes.

Start: System HR 8444 (Station: Maskelyne Vision)
End: System Kopernik
Ship: Anaconda 56.56 ly
Distance: ~21.800 ly

Screenshots from Bubble:
Screenshots from Colonia (Kopernik):
View attachment 118806
This was taken 10 minutes later when I landed.

I needed 144 jumps (Neutron Highway) and didn't use any special application except Captain's Log [https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/155545-Explorer-s-Application-Captain-s-Log].

Im upset now. Just realised there is a system name in your picture that has the same name as my ship :(

No, the math works out, it's do-able.

In a 56LY Annie, 21,800 LYs is about 390 jumps if you got perfect 56 LY jumps. Figure about 80% efficiency, 480 jumps, at 45 seconds per jump, assuming a class 6+ fuel scoop.. and that comes down to about 6 hours WITH NO NEUTRON HIWAY.

480 jumps, using the 300 bonus, is about 120 jumps... 144 is in that range and about right since you aren't hitting boost stars every jump. It also works out to be over a minute per jump which also validates, since you have to spend time in the stars stream..

If you hit it perfectly, got the neutron boost every single time with max range, you can do it in [21800 LYs to Colonia] / [Jump Range x 4] = number of jumps, [number of jumps x .75 minutes per jump ], is about 1 hour and 15 minutes theoretical perfect time.

Top Bottom