Frontier 25 - Community Activities Complete!

Paige Harvey

Community Manager
Hello Commander, Coaster Friends and Park Owners!

Last week we challenged you to collaboratively:

• Fly 250,000,000LY in Elite Dangerous
  • Place 250,000KM of rollercoaster track in Planet Coaster
  • Release 25,000 Stegosauruses in Jurassic World Evolution

In a week you've managed to smash these challenges and have earnt a special Frontier 25th anniversary prize, one for each of our games!

Planet Coaster: F25 Coaster

A gorgeous and colourful addition to the Planet Coaster roster of rollercoasters, check out the F25! This coaster became available today, January 31, 2019, so be sure to share your screenshots of this new addition to your park!

PC_25th_coaster_screenshot_1_small.jpg

Elite Dangerous: F25 Cobra MK III Paint Job

Feast your eyes on this exclusive F25 Paint Job, featuring the Frontier Developments colours! This Paint Job will be automatically added to every Commander's account on February 1, 2019 at 12:00 UTC.

25thanniversary-cobra-skin-108050percent.jpg

Jurassic World Evolution: Vivid Stegosaurus Skin

With the Vivid Stegosaurus Skin, you can add another beautiful dinosaur to your parks and it's all thanks to your teamwork! The skin is already available in-game and we can't wait to see how your vivid Stegosauruses look among your herd!

JWE_dino_reveal_Stegosaurus_1_small.png

Thank you for being with us all this time, and here's to the next 25 years!

I can't help but feel a discrepancy between the effort put into flying 250Mly in a week and the moving of 3 colour sliders to obtain the "new" livery.

Don't feel underwhelmed. The community didn't do a thing, the numbers are fake (remember the so-called "2.8%" who board flip). Think about it... these skins were made weeks or months in advance of the anniversary, the whole thing is part of a planned marketing campaign to promote their products through the idea of community goals which we as end users can never prove were actually reached. What were they going to do, say "nope, you failed to show loyalty to us" and delete the lot? :)

Last edited:
I can't help but feel a discrepancy between the effort put into flying 250Mly in a week and the moving of 3 colour sliders to obtain the "new" livery.

Hate to be a nay sayer but I have to agree. I'm underwhelmed.

Same here. *Sigh*

After all the stuff I said about being simply grateful and not asking for a mountain from an ant hill, here I am with {OneOf(Foot in mouth, Egg on Face, Sucker stamped on my forehead)}

Even the PCGamer skin from 3 years ago looks more unique: https://www.pcgamer.com/grab-a-pc-gamer-elite-dangerous-ship-skin/

*EDIT* Like Micha pointed out with his post below.

Congratz Froniter for 25 years of making great games, and I too, am looking forward to another 25 years of things to come.

Last edited:
Hate to be a nay sayer but I have to agree. I'm underwhelmed.

The cynic in me says we would have gotten the prize regardless; why put the effort into creating a new paintjob (regardless of how much "effort" it actually was) and then say, "nope". Especially considering the community only got about a third of the way into the challenge by the fourth day, so unless there was a major ramp up in distance travelled in the last 3 days.. anyways!!!

Not wanting to rain on the parade any longer, thank you VERY MUCH @FDev for all the fun you've provided with your games over the last 25 years, and I very much hope to still be enjoying them over the next 25 years. Keep up the awesome work, and I hope you guys manage to have a bit of a well-deserved rest and celebration before it's back to the grindstone trying to satisfy this never-satisfiable community!

Happy 25th, FDev! And thanks for the paintjob :)

The cynic in me says we would have gotten the prize regardless; why put the effort into creating a new paintjob (regardless of how much "effort" it actually was) and then say, "nope". Especially considering the community only got about a third of the way into the challenge by the fourth day, so unless there was a major ramp up in distance travelled in the last 3 days.. anyways!!!

Not wanting to rain on the parade any longer, thank you VERY MUCH @FDev for all the fun you've provided with your games over the last 25 years, and I very much hope to still be enjoying them over the next 25 years. Keep up the awesome work, and I hope you guys manage to have a bit of a well-deserved rest and celebration before it's back to the grindstone trying to satisfy this never-satisfiable community!

Yeah, sorry ... quite right. Thanks for everything you've done over the last 25 years FD - you know I basically love you guys really! ��

Last edited:
Especially considering the community only got about a third of the way into the challenge by the fourth day, so unless there was a major ramp up in distance travelled in the last 3 days.. anyways!!!

Only mid-challenge status we got was from Ed, which was over 62% done in 4 days. I guess if 62% = 1/3 that explains why people have so much difficulty with 2.8% ;)

Hey all!

You've reached 62% already. As mentioned in our Tweet here: https://twitter.com/EliteDangerous/status/1089898009008226304

'Last week we challenged the community to fly 250,000,000LY in celebration of @frontierdev's 25th anniversary! With three days still to go, you've managed to jump 154,589,173LY... which is 62% of the required distance! Keep at it, Commanders!'

Well, we can agree on that at least :)

Poor FDev....they really can not win.

Cheers for the skin. I'll see it in game in another 15 or so weeks, I guess!

Is there a trick to accessing the F25 paint job? It does not show up in the livery paint job list for my Cobra Mk III. (I'm a PS4 CMDR).

Thanks.

Alternatively, Frontier have data on how much people travelled and came up with a figure that was totally viable.

Don't feel underwhelmed. The community didn't do a thing, the numbers are fake (remember the so-called "2.8%" who board flip). Think about it... these skins were made weeks or months in advance of the anniversary, the whole thing is part of a planned marketing campaign to promote their products through the idea of community goals which we as end users can never prove were actually reached. What were they going to do, say "nope, you failed to show loyalty to us" and delete the lot? :)

Top Bottom