News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
010c769f-62c2-44f7-9b20-b3d53ad731bf.png

Greetings Commanders,

It's our 25th anniversary here at Frontier Developments and we are so excited to spend it with you!

Our communities are filled with wonderful, brilliant people who have given us the opportunity to create games for the last 25 years and we thank you for it. Here's to many more!

To celebrate 25 years of Frontier, we're giving you the chance to unlock a brand new paint job for the Cobra MK III, free for all Commanders called the F25! To unlock it, join forces and collectively travel 250,000,000 light-years between 24 - 31 January. It's that simple! If you reach that amount of light-years jumped on the 31st, the paint job will be unlocked!

Good luck Commanders!

EDIT 28/01/19 - You've reached 62% already. As mentioned in our Tweet here: 'Last week we challenged the community to fly 250,000,000LY in celebration of @frontierdev's 25th anniversary! With three days still to go, you've managed to jump 154,589,173LY... which is 62% of the required distance! Keep at it, Commanders!'

Last edited by a moderator:

Greetings Commanders,

It's our 25th anniversary here at Frontier Developments and we are so excited to spend it with you!

Our communities are filled with wonderful, brilliant people who have given us the opportunity to create games for the last 25 years and we thank you for it. Here's to many more!

To celebrate 25 years of Frontier, we're giving you the chance to unlock a brand new paint job for the Cobra MK III, free for all Commanders called the F25! To unlock it, join forces and collectively travel 250,000,000 light-years between 24 - 31 January. It's that simple! If you reach that amount of light-years jumped on the 31st, the paint job will be unlocked!

Good luck Commanders!

And how many jumps do you need to tell you what are you working on in season 4?
But seriously, I don’t understand that such a terrible thing can happen if you tell about the main points of season 4?

Well, I will most certainly be adding around 5000 LY to that total, if not more, seeing as I leave with the rest of the Distant Worlds 2 expedition fleet this Sunday :)

Dear Frontier,

Having played this game since 2015, about 3200 hours I have not yet reached 1 million LY. I'm not sure if we all, even with DW2 going on can make 250 times that in a week, try to push your expectations closer to reality.

Best Regards
CMDR AugustDark

collectively travel 250,000,000 light-years between 24 - 31 January

That's a tough call! Honestly I don't think DW2 will contribute more than 10%, probably less.

Numbers: About 15.000 commanders signed up for DW2, but only 5000 contributed to the (very lucrative) community goal. This makes me think only about 5000 commanders actually joined DW2. Also, DrKaii already announced in the email with newsletter #2 that our next journey will be considerably less than 5000ly.

Upper bound: 5000 x 5000 = 25.000.000 (that's exactly 10% of Frontier's target)

Well, I'm heading back out to Colonia and the Abyssal Plain so should be able to add another 50KLy or so to the total in that week. (I would have just done the 250Mill Ly by myself but didn't want to appear greedy :p )

Top Bottom