News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

Well I should be able add a couple K to that total even with my haphazard play time, with work getting in my way currently.

only problem is Im not quite sure I remember where I parked my Mk3 its been so long since I fired up its core.

Is this based on a community goal we have to sign up for or is it just something the game is calculating based on all players?

If it's a community goal where do we sign up? I'm wasting precious travel time that could add towards it.

Last edited:
Is this based on a community goal we have to sign up for or is it just something the game is calculating based on all players?

It's just a plea to encourage players to go exploring. I'm already exploring so I'm not really doing anything different, just vaguely committing to getting home in the next week which I was probably going to achieve anyway. I feel this level of effort is in keeping with the amount put into motivating players to try to achieve this challenge.

I too am just doing the explorer thing was out before the update, not planning on comming back soon. The Formadine Rift is calling me, so untill I run out of SRVs I am not comming home. That or the Thargoids melt the whole bubble.

Something tells me that this event is going to be a "gimme". I bet the player base already travels that amount of LY's on an average basis over the course of a week.

Just go about your business as usual and the LY's will rack up.

I have not played in a while but I will log in a time or two or three here soon and run some missions or just bounce around the bubble for a bit to do my small part.

But I'm going to at least do it in a Cobra. :D

Last edited:

If it's a community goal where do we sign up? I'm wasting precious travel time that could add towards it.

Good luck getting an answer to this - seems no one knows

Considering that it seems the numbers for CGs are either 10X too low or 10X too high whenever Fdev sets a goal... I suppose this could go either way. Assuming they have the average numbers for LYs jumped so.. hopefully they didn't goof on the math this time.

BTW... any news about updates coming in the first quarter ? I seems we have had silence about further development for well over a month.

I am actually on my way to galactic core, will it count?
What do I have to do? Just carry on? I'm too far away from bubble to sign up for any community goal...

Any and all light years travelled within the time period count.

So carry on or don't as you see fit.

No Community Goals involved other than being the reason some commanders will be travelling.

Do i need to sign my name anywhere or is this completely anyone inside the game.

Just curious :)

Heading to Beagle Point so i'm doing my part!
CMDR Callum Carmicheal

If I had to guess, I would say part of the reason the potential paintjob is for the CobraMKIII, is related not only to 1984 Elite, but also the "Cobra Engine" which has played a significant part in the success of Froniter Developments.

( but that is just me, perhaps )

Yes, some type of counter / measurment graph would be helpful.

Last edited:
250,000,000Ly. When you say collectively? Is that the community as a whole or are you expecting small wings to do this?

If it's the latter you've definatly made a typo there Will lol.

Can we have a counter on this topic to see how close we are?

No, this is fdev. Information is power.

250,000,000Ly. When you say collectively? Is that the community as a whole or are you expecting small wings to do this?

If it's the latter you've definatly made a typo there Will lol.

The only error was assuming people could understand simple sentences without reading things that aren't there. lol indeed. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom