News Frontier 25 - Elite Dangerous Community Activity

Just out of curiosity, what time does the Frontierstore sale end on the 31st?

I get paid Thursday evening and wanted to grab some bits.

Imagine if FD said it would unlock the CM4 to everyone.

I mentioned that just before :D

I missed out on the pre-order by only a month or so (I got the game just after horizons was introduced, found Elite dangerous by accident) So sadly I will have to play Elite with the MK4 forever out of grasp, and ALWAYS rubbed in my face by NPC's who didn't purchase the Pre-order... :(

That or FDev could of offered it for this such event, it's been 'exclusive' for long enough, but then you have all the over-entitled players crying over "you breached a contract.... waaaaaaah". it is because of them we will never get it... It is not like they payed 'extra' for it, it just came as an incentive.

"Join forces" means to come together as a team (as a community) with a focus on achieving the goal; not an actual force to join. :)
So to participate, you just need to travel around.

Guys, please help me. How to participate in this? Where to "join forces"?

Last edited:
I mentioned that just before :D

I missed out on the pre-order by only a month or so (I got the game just after horizons was introduced, found Elite dangerous by accident) So sadly I will have to play Elite with the MK4 forever out of grasp, and ALWAYS rubbed in my face by NPC's who didn't purchase the Pre-order... :(

That or FDev could of offered it for this such event, it's been 'exclusive' for long enough, but then you have all the over-entitled players crying over "you breached a contract.... waaaaaaah". it is because of them we will never get it... It is not like they payed 'extra' for it, it just came as an incentive.

I missed out by a few weeks more than you and by having the wrong computer at the time, I have never resented the fact that I didn't qualify for the incentive maybe if I had been aware of the opportunity before it was over but that wasn't the case.

I suppose I would be resentful about it if it were the games best at something other than most obvious wanted ship, but it isn't. But l would be upset if the contract was breached.

So now back to clock up more light years, after all we wouldn't want to miss out on something else.

Last edited:
Existing players will also unlock the exclusive Cobra Mk IV ship in Elite Dangerous: Horizons. The Cobra Mk IV will be available in the game only to players who joined us in the first year – forever. It’s our ‘thank you’ for your faith in the game, and you’ll see more of the Cobra Mk IV in Friday’s Peek Of The Week.
- https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/node/247

You can keep erroneously blaming the players; or you can accept the fact that this was Frontier's decision and it took no demands, or entitlement from the players to make it.
Whatever you decide to do, it's really time to move on.

Last edited:
As predicted, sale has ended. Now we just need Ed to tell us how we're doing on the unlock :)

I wish I'd checked out here later on last night, or their Twitter... I assumed "throughout the month" as in the Forums posting, simply meant it'd be ongoing until the end of Jan, so held off purchasing so I could get more on pay day.

Oh well, thanks anyway. :)

Last edited:
FAO FRONTIER
I spotted the sale yesterday but held off till today to purchase a 2nd account as couldn’t do it yesterday. Thought the sale was throughout January, so really disappointed to find it has ended. I know sales have end dates but I could not spot an end date on the site and thought it would still be there a day later. Any chance of 75% off again, pretty please Frontier?

FAO FRONTIER
I spotted the sale yesterday but held off till today to purchase a 2nd account as couldn’t do it yesterday. Thought the sale was throughout January, so really disappointed to find it has ended. I know sales have end dates but I could not spot an end date on the site and thought it would still be there a day later. Any chance of 75% off again, pretty please Frontier?

They seem to do this kinda thing about once every year or so, my bet is towards the end of summer next year.

- https://community.elitedangerous.com/en/node/247

You can keep erroneously blaming the players; or you can accept the fact that this was Frontier's decision and it took no demands, or entitlement from the players to make it.
Whatever you decide to do, it's really time to move on.
It was added as stated above as a bonus to early Horizons adopters. That was totally Frontiers oversight.

This means the CM4 is effectively worthless as it will never be buffed or receive more cosmetics. It will continue to fester as a steaming disappointment thanks to those who threaten backlash towards Frontier.

As a Cobra Mk.4 owner I'd love to see it released for all CMDRs, contract or no, as this ship needs TLC. Personally I'd just release the thing and tell anyone who feels 'cheated' to contact customer support for a refund.

Last edited:
Dear Frontier, I've honestly expected something more for a birthday. Where are the news regarding ED's future?

At least some hints would be very appreciated.

Top Bottom