Frontier 25 - Planet Coaster Community Activity

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
010c769f-62c2-44f7-9b20-b3d53ad731bf.png

Hayo coaster friends!

It's our 25th anniversary here at Frontier Developments and we are so excited to spend it with you!

Our communities are filled with wonderful, brilliant people who have given us the opportunity to create games for the last 25 years and we thank you for it. Here's to many more!

To celebrate 25 years of Frontier, we're giving you the chance to unlock a brand new coaster, designed for the thrillseekers, called the F25! To unlock it, join forces and collectively lay 25,000km of rollercoaster track between 24 - 31 January!

If you work together and manage to place all 25,000km of track before the 31st, a new update will be released so everyone can download and enjoy the F25!

Think you can do it? We have no doubt you can!

Good luck and enjoy the challenge!

- Chanté [yesnod][heart]

Does placing blueprints count or does this track have to be manually built from the coaster editior? :) asking for a friend...

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Wow...I better get to building. [wacky]:pc::white:

Does placing blueprints count or does this track have to be manually built from the coaster editior? :) asking for a friend...

You would have to physically build it between now and the 31st. As Vampiro mentioned they can keep track of how much track is being built by everyone. Should be fun! [happy]

Wow...I better get to building. [wacky]:pc::white:

You would have to physically build it between now and the 31st. As Vampiro mentioned they can keep track of how much track is being built by everyone. Should be fun! [happy]

Well if blueprinting doesn't count I'm throwing myself out of the ring already :'D

Did my part and got a lovely 15km of track coaster built! 15km... 25,000 seems a long way off still :D

So we can just setup a 90 degree turn and then program my mouse to keep clicking on construct 90 degree turn (with no collision of course) then I can walk away for a few hours while track is continuously placed in a circle, and come back to see at least a few thousand feet of track laid in a circle? seems like frontier just wants to raise the "number of hours played per week" stats on steam, wheres the originality, creativity, and challenge?

What happens if we fail this challenge? are you going to throw away the new coaster and update?
Also, you do realize theres coasters in the workshop that are almost 100,000m long right?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=longest+coaster+in+planet+coaster

Just building it will do the trick. Frontier can keep track of how many miles we build [wink]

I'm not a coaster builder, although I'll put in some track-laying time when I can -- but what counts? Just laid track, or completed coasters? Or do they have to be tested too? Ridden? In sandbox and/or the Scenario Editor counts? And where do we see our progress to 25,000km of track? [wacky]

So now they're trying to distract us from their broken game with a new toy?

Please fix your game Frontier. We've been waiting for so long with little to no response and now you for some reason decide that a new coaster is something we're going to get excited by. I'm not buying into it this time.

I hope the same update get's the necessary fixes. It's coming anyway. Why design a coaster that might potentially not be in the game because the community needs to achieve a goal. That would be a waste of time in my mind.

Anybody a clue about what the F25 could be?

I can't be the only one that feels that the latest DLC is extremely unpolished and rushed to get it out of the door before the holiday sales? Aside from the whole delay thing we still ended up with one ride that does not have its restraints working at all, the Silv coaster has inconsistencies in its train and operating behavior and suffers from clipping issues, one of the drop towers is missing its cable and the move axis got even worse somehow. To name a few.

How is announcing that you spent the last few weeks on new (I assume free) ride (or, God forbid, another DLC) reassuring us that improvement is on the way? Unless "F25" stands for "Fixes: 25", in which case I didn't say anything!

Vampiro

Volunteer Moderator
Anybody a clue about what the F25 could be?

I have been wondering about that as well ... Obviously it's Frontier25 but i can't imagine a Frontier themed coaster :p
F also resembles racing? Maybe some racing themed coaster?

Or maybe the F is just a name and doesn't hold any clue at all to the coaster type :D

Okay, I missunderstand the 1st post. I have thinked, that the trhillseekers need the F25 coaster to create the 25.000 km coastertrack with this special coaster. Now I hope I have understand it right, that any coaster we build between 24. and 31. counts for the F25. Right?

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Okay, I missunderstand the 1st post. I have thinked, that the trhillseekers need the F25 coaster to create the 25.000 km coastertrack with this special coaster. Now I hope I have understand it right, that any coaster we build between 24. and 31. counts for the F25. Right?

You got it [up]
The F25 is the reward if "we" make it to 25,000km

Top Bottom