Frontier 25 - Planet Coaster Community Activity

So now they're trying to distract us from their broken game with a new toy?

Please fix your game Frontier. We've been waiting for so long with little to no response and now you for some reason decide that a new coaster is something we're going to get excited by. I'm not buying into it this time.

Have you reported the bugs that you're encountering? That's the best way of Frontier having any chance of fixing issues.

If it's performance related then there are limits on what they can do with the graphics APIs that are in use which is not a quick fix.

Shane

Have you reported the bugs that you're encountering? That's the best way of Frontier having any chance of fixing issues.

If it's performance related then there are limits on what they can do with the graphics APIs that are in use which is not a quick fix.

Shane

These bugs have been reported by countless others. I don't really see the point in reporting something that they already know about. As for performance issues, I can and have lived with them, that's not what I'm talking about here.

The big offender here is the Advanced Move Tool, which as I'm sure you know, went a bit wonky at the debut of Magnificent Rides. Why it's taken them so long to even address this as an actual issue, let alone that they're working on a fix is baffling to me. I don't ask that they fix it with just a snap of their fingers, I know it's a lot more complicated than that. I just wish they'd tell us something is going on behind the scenes rather than this quiet game they like to play. It's aggravating to not know if they even consider this an issue since they keep repeating it's "working as intended" and "we're looking into it". That's not good enough for me. Barring the Adv. Move tool though, there are multiple small bugs that have been reported in these forums that should've been fixed a while ago, given Frontier's track record with quick post-launch bug fixes. I'm honestly just quite disappointed that hyping up this new ride is where their priorities seem to lie.

Don't get me wrong, I love Frontier and PC, but it seems like as of late they've dropped the ball on quality. Usually by this point they've had a bug fix for many of the things that others and myself have reported and talked about.

You know, it would be funnier if people actually failed to reach the goal. "Oh boomer, guess we'll just delete this update we worked on"

This! ha ha! :D Maybe they looked at the numbers of the past track usage and decided for a feasible length. ;)

So now they're trying to distract us from their broken game with a new toy?

Please fix your game Frontier. We've been waiting for so long with little to no response and now you for some reason decide that a new coaster is something we're going to get excited by. I'm not buying into it this time.

They've probably have been planning this ride for a long time/been in development for a while.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
These bugs have been reported by countless others. I don't really see the point in reporting something that they already know about. As for performance issues, I can and have lived with them, that's not what I'm talking about here.

The big offender here is the Advanced Move Tool, which as I'm sure you know, went a bit wonky at the debut of Magnificent Rides. Why it's taken them so long to even address this as an actual issue, let alone that they're working on a fix is baffling to me. I don't ask that they fix it with just a snap of their fingers, I know it's a lot more complicated than that. I just wish they'd tell us something is going on behind the scenes rather than this quiet game they like to play. It's aggravating to not know if they even consider this an issue since they keep repeating it's "working as intended" and "we're looking into it". That's not good enough for me. Barring the Adv. Move tool though, there are multiple small bugs that have been reported in these forums that should've been fixed a while ago, given Frontier's track record with quick post-launch bug fixes. I'm honestly just quite disappointed that hyping up this new ride is where their priorities seem to lie.

Don't get me wrong, I love Frontier and PC, but it seems like as of late they've dropped the ball on quality. Usually by this point they've had a bug fix for many of the things that others and myself have reported and talked about.

Shockwave, we are well aware of the issue people have been having with the advanced move tool and have replied to people who have filed bug reports asking them for more information and letting them know we are working on it. Hence, why bug reports are incredibly useful to us and will also provide you with more information! We have teams that work on different things, us announcing this new community activity because we want to celebrate our 25th Anniversary with our coaster friends does not affect the team working hard on the bugs. Some bugs are far more complicated than others and take longer, not to mention we had our festive holidays after we released the Magnificent Rides Collection, so the bugs may take longer to fix this time. Please don't lose faith in us, we are working hard on fixes, especially the Advanced Move Tool! [yesnod]

Just building it will do the trick. Frontier can keep track of how many miles we build [wink]

you're sure with that? or do we have to upload them to steam workshop?

otherwise.. what? Planco gives sniffing options to Frontier? I have to have a look if that was part of the deal. [wacky]

Oh wow nice surprise. I'm really wondering what that coaster could be. Ok now just lay the coaster track guys, the sooner we are finished, the sooner we will get an exciting new coaster[wink][up]

Well I hope I helped do my part. Last night I built a coaster that was 4201m and I am going to edit it tonight to make it longer. [big grin][big grin]

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
Just as a point of reference:

https://youtu.be/f_8Vap0LKAM?t=57

17 million kilometres of track were laid in the first 2 years, that's an average of 163,462 km laid per week. Seems to me this is a challenge that's going to be extremely difficult to fail. [big grin]

Top Bottom