FRONTIER ANNOUNCES JURASSIC WORLD EVOLUTION

I think FDevs view on macOS is clear by the lack of support for their two franchises after ED.

They should never have agreed to macOS being added as a stretch goal to Elite Dangerous.

If I can make one suggestion: Give at least some of these beasts some feathers.
We have known for a while now that these ancestors of our birds had them.

I think FDevs view on macOS is clear by the lack of support for their two franchises after ED.

They should never have agreed to macOS being added as a stretch goal to Elite Dangerous.

I think they did not know at that time that the mac was so demented concerning modern game demands.

Your forgetting one crucial aspect, Mac support for ED is not Frontier's fault, blame Apple and their crappy shader support. If Apple are not going to help them, then why would Frontier help Apple.

If this stuff is transferable to ED then atmospheric planets and dino hunting will be 3.0, I knew the G5 PA would be handy for something.

Yay, I knew it was gonna be a theme park game with Dinosaurs.

[video=youtube;-w-58hQ9dLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk[/video]

This is awesome news! I loved Operation Genesis on the original Xbox and now the genre returns. I hope it will be similar to Zoo Tycoon (which also gets Xbox One X support by the way) and I'll love this one too. Keep it up, Frontier!

Well...

It's certainly interesting. But nothing good for me in this game.

Just hope that it will help for ED development. Sooo long wait.

Doubt it... we've seen zero cross-pollination between ED and Planet Coaster, even though they could have easily added the Planet Coaster crowd tech to ED to make stations and outposts look lived-in.

I think you are missing the point ... Why wouldn't they use tech created for JPE for ED? And they still might use the crowd tech for stations in ED at some point (in a limited fashion anyway, otherwise it would kill the CPU).

Its pretty easy to understand when you think about it.

Screamride > Planet Coaster
Planet Coaster > JPE
JPE & Planet Coaster > ED

That sounds pretty damn plausible to me and makes absolutely perfect sense for a game dev to do that.

I'm not really interested in the least in a Jurassic Park skinned-Planet Coaster game, however I wish them all the best with it and hope it sells tons of copies.

One major difference between Jurassic Park and Planet Coaster.

If something goes wrong with an attraction in Planet Coaster, it doesn't try to eat the guests. ;)

Top Bottom