Frontier are awesome!

Having returned from Lavecon 2017 I just wanted to say that anyone who has any doubts about Frontier Developments, their continued investment in Elite, their deep love and enthusiasm for the game and genuinely honest intentions to continue developing it and making it be the best it can be and do the right thing by the community are just plain wrong. These guys absolutely rock, every single one of them. Not that I do so very much anyway but from now on I'm going to really try to reign in the sniping, passive agression and sarcasm towards them because they just don't deserve it, they really really don't.

[heart]

Having returned from Lavecon 2017 I just wanted to say that anyone who has any doubts about Frontier Developments, their continued investment in Elite, their deep love and enthusiasm for the game and genuinely honest intentions to continue developing it and making it be the best it can be and do the right thing by the community are just plain wrong. These guys absolutely rock, every single one of them. Not that I do so very much anyway but from now on I'm going to really try to reign in the sniping, passive agression and sarcasm towards them because they just don't deserve it, they really really don't.

[heart]

You are turning to the dark side, stop this madness b4 it's too late!

Individual game developers, who give all their effort into making their craft into art, people who dream about their work in the evening and at night, then make those dreams into reality in the day, are not one and the same with a public liability company whose very existence is centered around the notion of making a profit.

Just sayin'.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
Very well said sir. The ideas and plans they were prepared to discuss alone shows how much continued work there is going on and the teases when they would suddenly stop halfway through saying something, hints at so much more.

Every single member of the Frontier team who was at Lavecon was so generous with their time, as they always are. The fact they even turn up to a community created and run event speaks volumes about them in of itself. But the levels they go to, to entertain and inform...

Well, I certainly cannot think of any other company that would even dream of it!
eSvxUrTl.jpg

289ZhOZl.jpg

How about letting their product speak for itself and then give credit or criticism when due?

After the admittedly botched 2.3 release they seem to have gone back to the drawing board decided to reengineer the game mechanics post 2.4. That is long overdue and no doubt spurred on by valid criticism and actionable, constructive customer feedback. That is not trolling or sniping, nor is it helpful to call out any particular person on the team. In software development, success or failure of the project rests with the team.

Hopefully they have learned the lesson and maybe by end of next year we will get to enjoy a better game with vastly expanded gameplay mechanics and QoL improvements.

Or they can just continue to create more paint packs and other cosmetics with Zero gameplay value and continue to increase their revenue 500% quarter over quarter milking the Thargoid merchandising potential. Hopefully they execute on both fronts, but as always, time will tell.

It certainly seemed like they needed some positive feedback. I hope that the folks at Frontier know that the passion on the forums (even the most frustrated posts) comes from a place of respect and appreciation for everything they've accomplished. They have much to be proud of, and hopefully with the upcoming gameplay enhancement and enrichments the player driven aspects of the game might start to really blossom. It's definitely a time for optimism imo.

Top Bottom