PvP Frontier created PVP gankers. By design.

A bounty hunter is a mission and it doesn't fall under this rule, read my suggestion.
No, I'm making a suggestion.
No, a bounty hunter is NOT a mission. Bounty hunting is merely blowing up "wanted" ships - sometimes accidents happen. The noteriety gained for this is punishment enough for an ACCIDENT. Losing one's ship for this would be ridiculous. Also, as others have stated, the "rocks fall, everyone dies" is so immersion breaking it's laughable.

No, a bounty hunter is NOT a mission. Bounty hunting is merely blowing up "wanted" ships - sometimes accidents happen. The noteriety gained for this is punishment enough for an ACCIDENT. Losing one's ship for this would be ridiculous. Also, as others have stated, the "rocks fall, everyone dies" is so immersion breaking it's laughable.
I don't understand YOU, you can think whatever you want, you can think YOU are a bounty hunter but until you have permission to do so in the form of a mission you are outside the law

I don't understand YOU, you can think whatever you want, you can think YOU are a bounty hunter but until you have permission to do so in the form of a mission you are outside the law
That is incorrect. You do not need to accept a mission to be a lawful bounty hunter. You can test this yourself very easily. Go to a High Res (not Haz Res), find a "Wanted" ship and start shooting at it. There will be system security nearby that will join in and help you destroy that ship. Once it's destroyed, they will leave YOU alone. If you were outside the law, they would shoot at YOU next.

As @Screemonster said - do you even play this game?

Also...
I understand correctly that my proposal has no disadvantages and can be published in the suggestions section?
I think this question has been answered now. However, please don't let this deter you from making a post in the suggestions section.

If you attack a ganker then he has a wanted sign?

Not always. Let's assume the ganker was just killed, or that they switched ships. I notice that they're still planning on interdicting one of my pals in the same system. I preemptively attack them. The game currently has not attached a wanted sign to them.

This is very much an edge case, and I could see an argument as to why attacking someone before they do something could be a gray area.

I advise you to read that post and understand that playing BGS without PP is just a fiction of individual players.

All of this game is fiction... I think it would be against the spirit of the game to think that gameplay isn't valuable just because it's player-organized instead of organized by Fdev (via PP, CGs, etc.). In fact, emergent gameplay seems to be one of Fdev's design goals

... WHAT.

Do you even play this game? You don't need a mission to go bounty hunting. You just find a wanted ship and start blasting.
I played bounty hunter for a long time in the opener in Shinart. I used to take the appropriate missions and complete them.
(I'm doing something else now).

That is incorrect. You do not need to accept a mission to be a lawful bounty hunter. You can test this yourself very easily. Go to a High Res (not Haz Res), find a "Wanted" ship and start shooting at it. There will be system security nearby that will join in and help you destroy that ship. Once it's destroyed, they will leave YOU alone. If you were outside the law, they would shoot at YOU next.

As @Screemonster said - do you even play this game?

Also...

I think this question has been answered now. However, please don't let this deter you from making a post in the suggestions section.
Stop. If you kill someone who is wanted, it is no longer part of these rules.
But if the ship is clean, there are such missions for the Hunter, or what do you mean?

I played bounty hunter for a long time in the opener in Shinart. I used to take the appropriate missions and complete them.
(I'm doing something else now).
So you've literally never farmed a res site? Like, the staple way of hunting bounties?

Either way, it's irrelevant. Your "solution" would cause more problems than it solves and allow creative griefers to weaponise it.

So you've literally never farmed a res site? Like, the staple way of hunting bounties?

Either way, it's irrelevant. Your "solution" would cause more problems than it solves and allow creative griefers to weaponise it.
How ?
In general, everything is very, very simple. I was struck by the words that the developers do not want to separate the people and the NPC, when it was just the NPC attacked and killed you?

Stop. If you kill someone who is wanted, it is no longer part of these rules.
But if the ship is clean, there are such missions for the Hunter, or what do you mean?
OK there must be a language barrier here, so I will try to explain more clearly.

At Nav Beacons & RES sites, there are a mixture of NPC ships that spawn - some are Wanted, some are Clean, some are system security. If you shoot at the Wanted ships, you are within the law. However, from time to time, one of the Clean ships, or system security ship, may be accidentally shot by you. In the early days of Elite, this would result in YOU getting a wanted status, however the threshold at which you get the Wanted status has now been raised, so this happens less often now.

However, in my example I gave, the Cobra must have been at <10% hull when he flew between the guns of my Corvette and the Anaconda I was aiming at, causing it to explode, and causing me to get a bounty and notoriety.

Admittedly, this is an edge case, but since it's a real thing that happened only a couple of days ago, I felt it was worth mentioning.

Do you have any idea how common it is to ram people to try and provoke them into firing back?
Or, how about this?

I'd scanned the dude and demanded cargo. I was clean (not that it matters, 'cause it was anarchy) and he ordered his fighter to attack. Because I'm a pirate. So I blew him up and said "lol".
As far as the game is concerned, this guy would be treated as if he tried to gank me if it were in a lawful system.

OK there must be a language barrier here, so I will try to explain more clearly.

At Nav Beacons & RES sites, there are a mixture of NPC ships that spawn - some are Wanted, some are Clean, some are system security. If you shoot at the Wanted ships, you are within the law. However, from time to time, one of the Clean ships, or system security ship, may be accidentally shot by you. In the early days of Elite, this would result in YOU getting a wanted status, however the threshold at which you get the Wanted status has now been raised, so this happens less often now.

However, in my example I gave, the Cobra must have been at <10% hull when he flew between the guns of my Corvette and the Anaconda I was aiming at, causing it to explode, and causing me to get a bounty and notoriety.

Admittedly, this is an edge case, but since it's a real thing that happened only a couple of days ago, I felt it was worth mentioning.
As a joke: We have no division of man or NPC, i.e. YOU accidentally destroyed a man?
Seriously: We need to think a little bit, for example, this is a zone and not an interception?
My goal is to get rid of gankers, or reduce their activity to a minimum.

Do you have any idea how common it is to ram people to try and provoke them into firing back?
Or, how about this?

I'd scanned the dude and demanded cargo. I was clean (not that it matters, 'cause it was anarchy) and he ordered his fighter to attack. Because I'm a pirate. So I blew him up and said "lol".
As far as the game is concerned, this guy would be treated as if he tried to gank me if it were in a lawful system.
And what's wrong with that? You killed a criminal.

As a joke: We have no division of man or NPC, i.e. YOU accidentally destroyed a man?
I'm not sure what you're getting at here? If there's a joke there, I'm not seeing it. Yes, I accidentally destroyed a ship (NPC, man, whatever) - nothing I could do about it. Didn't even realised it had happened until the bounty notification appeared...

Seriously: We need to think a little bit, for example, this is a zone and not an interception?
So you're limiting this to only interdictions now? This hasn't been mentioned before. How will this be policed? Does this mean the "gankers" hanging around Farseer Inc can continue their "ganking" with impunity?

My goal is to get rid of gankers, or reduce their activity to a minimum.
It may be a noble cause, however Mr Braben himself has said that "the hypothetical Griefconda destroying the hypothetical Noobwinder" is perfectly legitimate.

Top Bottom