So you're saying that because YOU don't take part in other activities that could potentially trigger your "unavoidable ship loss" proposal, that it's all fine and there are no issues?So far I haven't heard any specific disadvantages other than accidentally hitting a clean ship and killing it right away.
I'm always annoyed when I'm hunting missions and accidentally hit someone, I have to kill only FDL and fly away, not as usual kill all the ships (usually 4 more Vultures) and collect materials from all.
Some of the disadvantages that have been clearly stated previously:
- accidentally destroying a clean ship during a fight
- removing the ability to chase an aggressor to another system
- making the "suicidewinder" exploit much, much worse for the victim
- allowing "gankers" to have a much more devastating effect on their victims by gaming the system
- causing issues for people who choose to play the BGS (it's not "incorrect" gameplay just because YOU don't do it)
- unavoidable ship loss is massively immersion breaking
- MOST IMPORTANTLY - preventing other people from playing the game their way
Again, this should NOT stop you from creating a post in the Suggestions forum.