PvP Frontier created PVP gankers. By design.

So far I haven't heard any specific disadvantages other than accidentally hitting a clean ship and killing it right away.
I'm always annoyed when I'm hunting missions and accidentally hit someone, I have to kill only FDL and fly away, not as usual kill all the ships (usually 4 more Vultures) and collect materials from all.
So you're saying that because YOU don't take part in other activities that could potentially trigger your "unavoidable ship loss" proposal, that it's all fine and there are no issues?

Some of the disadvantages that have been clearly stated previously:
  • accidentally destroying a clean ship during a fight
  • removing the ability to chase an aggressor to another system
  • making the "suicidewinder" exploit much, much worse for the victim
  • allowing "gankers" to have a much more devastating effect on their victims by gaming the system
  • causing issues for people who choose to play the BGS (it's not "incorrect" gameplay just because YOU don't do it)
  • unavoidable ship loss is massively immersion breaking
  • MOST IMPORTANTLY - preventing other people from playing the game their way
You can choose to ignore these reasons - that is your right. However these ARE issues for other people that would make your idea unworkable.

Again, this should NOT stop you from creating a post in the Suggestions forum.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I understand YOU, it's YOUR charm that gives all the disadvantages of this. Do you want to get only the pluses without the minuses? Or is this an attempt to cheat the game?
Spider-Man doing good deeds and was wearing a mask so everyone can see that he is a spider-man. Spy can easily be killed by his own because they do not know that he is for them.
Who is engaged in "cheating" and how are they doing so?
This is YOUR game and it is YOU who knows what YOU are risking. Do you want to reduce the risk? Join the Force officially!
(I'm sorry, but that's kind of a different topic.)
We can't join Factions - however we can become allied with as many as we wish.

Who is engaged in "cheating" and how are they doing so?

We can't join Factions - however we can become allied with as many as we wish.
I don't know if you can understand me. Here's an example of a Conflict Zone, you fly there, you take sides, and you're obviously at war. Two sides, and if the fight is not in your side, you will probably lose that PP.
And they play BGS, those in a sort of Zone does not join anyone, they shoot from under the radar and if something like that do not lose.
This is a distant analogue, but I think you get the idea.

I don't understand YOU, you can think whatever you want, you can think YOU are a bounty hunter but until you have permission to do so in the form of a mission you are outside the law
Nope. Typical way for example PVE bounty hunting is to park your ship on some traffic hub, lurk and scan ships coming and going, and then when one finds out wanted ship, blast that away. No missions involved.

It's exactly the same situation with missions. Why take a mission to kill 20 pirates? What if I can't do it? Not enough patience to kill all 20, run out of ammo, etc.
I just fly where I want and will kill until I get bored and think I'm a real hunter.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I don't know if you can understand me. Here's an example of a Conflict Zone, you fly there, you take sides, and you're obviously at war. Two sides, and if the fight is not in your side, you will probably lose that PP.
And they play BGS, those in a sort of Zone does not join anyone, they shoot from under the radar and if something like that do not lose.
This is a distant analogue, but I think you get the idea.
Not seeing what any of this has to do with "cheating".

It's exactly the same situation with missions. Why take a mission to kill 20 pirates? What if I can't do it? Not enough patience to kill all 20, run out of ammo, etc.
I just fly where I want and will kill until I get bored and think I'm a real hunter.
Yep - you ARE a "real hunter" - that's the game you are playing. Missions are just fluff...

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
That's not what I wrote about, the PP game requires you to swear to power.
It does - for the few who engage in it.
But if you so wish, then for example getting a power module.
A transient arrangement only - not a permanent one, unless one wishes to continue to participate in Powerplay pledged to that Power after acquiring the gated modules.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to think of a suggestion to make it reduce the gankers in the game.
How about this :
If a ganker gets fame and wanted and fined, then every member of the link and squadron gets it all.
I would like to hear the disadvantages of this proposal.

I'm still trying to think of a suggestion to make it reduce the gankers in the game.
How about this :
If a ganker gets fame and wanted and fined, then every member of the link and squadron gets it all.
I would like to hear the disadvantages of this proposal.
This sounds more workable (y)

Not totally sure what you're suggesting though - could you explain what you mean by link? Which squadron? Also, what do you mean by "it all"? I presume notification of an attack?

This sounds more workable (y)

Not totally sure what you're suggesting though - could you explain what you mean by link? Which squadron? Also, what do you mean by "it all"? I presume notification of an attack?
For example :
A squadron of 100 men.
One of them ganked someone, got the fame, penalty and wanted.
Immediately the whole squadron gets the same, everyone.

For example :
A squadron of 100 men.
Ah, ok - I thought you meant that the if the person being "ganked" belonged to a squadron, then an "alert" would be sent to the squadron within the game, or potentially to "white hat" PVPers who may respond.

Not sure giving everyone noteriety would be a good thing. I can see how that would be abused as well.

It's good that you're thinking of new ideas though - kudos to you for that. Keep it up (y)

While trading on my T9, I lost over 50mil in cargo due to being destroyed by a ganker in open. It was one of the most fun moment in my E: D playtime and I'm grateful for gankers putting the D next to the E. Makes the game that much more intense, unexpected and thrilling. Go gankers, go!

For example :
A squadron of 100 men.
lmao

so I'm gonna join a squadron of 100 people, they all switch to their sidewinders
I rack up 2 million in bounties by ganking
now my entire squadron has 2 million bounties
they all wing up and kill each others sidewinders (2 million per kill * 4 wing members)

I've now turned 2 million in bounties into 800 million in bounty vouchers

And this isn't even going into how collective punishment is objectively bad

what, you want to punish people for being friends with someone that ganks?
Force people to stop hanging out with each other in game because you don't like how they play?

I don't have words strong enough to express how much or how far I would like you to remove yourself from my field of perception.
Nobody gets to tell me who I fly with. Nobody gets to tell me where to fly.

Top Bottom