ANNOUNCEMENT Frontier Expo now on instagram

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator

Follow the latest news and updates on the upcoming Frontier Expo on instagram.

Just click on the FX17 logo to go to the all new FX17 Instagram page.

What's an Instagram? Can I just see it on regular interwebs?

It's another one of those social-advertising sites for the Garbage Generation.

The sooner we collectively turn our backs on these sorts of things and refuse to get our advertisements from them the sooner companies will go back to hosting their own things, in the own sites, and the internet will be a better place for it.

The sooner we collectively turn our backs on these sorts of things and refuse to get our advertisements from them the sooner companies will go back to hosting their own things, in the own sites, and the internet will be a better place for it.

Thought that's what it was!
Can I get an amen! [yesnod]

I remember when they said that about facebook. Regardless of whether hipstagram specifically dies a death or not (and history suggests that in five or ten years it may well drop off the twig in the same way that say MySpace did, only to be replaced by something else) the move by companies to marketing on whatever the social media platform du jour happens to be rather than via their own directly managed web presence seems to be a paradigm shift not a short-lived trend that's going to go away.

Probably worth pointing out that it's not only the under 25s that use these either.

Here Hear , bring back yellow pages and local papers :)

and for sale cards in the Co-op window - we knew what was going on in them days

Last edited:
I remember when they said that about facebook. Regardless of whether hipstagram specifically dies a death or not (and history suggests that in five or ten years it may well drop off the twig in the same way that say MySpace did, only to be replaced by something else) the move by companies to marketing on whatever the social media platform du jour happens to be rather than via their own directly managed web presence seems to be a paradigm shift not a short-lived trend that's going to go away.

Probably worth pointing out that it's not only the under 25s that use these either.

And Facebook IS the go-to Advertising Medium for the Garbage Generation to be sure - and combating the advertising industry is huge undertaking, but it can be done and won - embrace ad-blocking technology, do not click or purchase products shoved in your faces - let the numbers do the talking. When the advertisers see they are not getting results, they will get the message - they won't want it, but they will get it.
And of course, spreading the word also works wonders - as does not signing up or participating in these sort of events on things like Instaspam, (in your)Face(advertisement)book, or anywhere else for that matter.

One person cannot be an avalanche, but one person can start one.

Join the fight - win the war - say No to Advertisement.

Given that Instagram is owned by Facebook, it seems likely that it'll be around for a while unless it is subsumed into Facebook. Anyway I mostly prefer that companies use their own media channels to market their products; at the same time though, social media feeds can be a good place to dump superfluous fluff and little behind the scenes bits which would be out of place or downright annoying in an official media channel.

Well that was the first and last time I have been and going to instafannywhactmecallit. Call me old if you want but I have no interest in that, Im sure it serves a purpose for some of the community , just hope news is also posted here.

Last edited:
Surprise surprise. A bunch of old miserable people complaining.

*Waves cane*
Darn kids skateboarding on the sidewalk!

How I read social media
Facebook - Have my pictures showing my life as an unrealistic portrayal of how epic it is and then read my posts about how depressed I am.
Twitter - The update on my exact bowel movement schedule.
Linkedin - Endless connections of people I don't really connect with run in the "send this message to 2 other people" way.
Instagram - Check out my dinner that I totally made and didn't get out a packet
Reddit - We have really odd people and have grouped them by oddity. They are strangely protective and irritable about their oddities.
Myspace - Where?
Bebo - Who?
Classmates - What?
Youtube Comments - The lowest most wretched hive of scum and villainy known to man. The least "social" media there is.

Last edited:
And Facebook IS the go-to Advertising Medium for the Garbage Generation to be sure - and combating the advertising industry is huge undertaking, but it can be done and won - embrace ad-blocking technology, do not click or purchase products shoved in your faces - let the numbers do the talking. When the advertisers see they are not getting results, they will get the message - they won't want it, but they will get it.
And of course, spreading the word also works wonders - as does not signing up or participating in these sort of events on things like Instaspam, (in your)Face(advertisement)book, or anywhere else for that matter.

One person cannot be an avalanche, but one person can start one.

Join the fight - win the war - say No to Advertisement.

Your message needs a wider audience. Have you considered putting something on facebook about it? :D

Your message needs a wider audience. Have you considered putting something on facebook about it? :D

As a matter of fact... that was my last headline.

This is but one small piece of a much larger net, and to reach the people one must go where the people are, and there are most certainly people here.

Ya well after all these are forums for a game that came out in 1984, I kind of expected it but not at this level

You're doing it yourself by the way. I assume you realised I'm poking some fairly gentle fun at the detrators. I'm 46. Age tells you nothing about a person.

Oi!

I'm one of those 'older folk' :(

He can't help himself, he's Scottish.

(Derogatory generalisation bar raised considerably :D)

Last edited:
Top Bottom