ANNOUNCEMENT Frontier Expo now on instagram

If you do not like any specific social media - then do the adult thing and don't use/view it.

But stop the name calling, please.

What if you hate ALL social media?

I know, old timer, "don't use it" - but I already don't and only want to spread the word that one can live a full, productive, informed and happy life free of it.

---

"Garbage Generation" - There were the Baby Boomers, then Generation X, then the short-lived Generation Y, the Millennials, and finally the "Garbage Generation", but it's not quite what it sounds like - the GG are growing up with everything being disposable - and will generate more waste than the previous generations before them, but that's only part of it - in addition to all the disposables, they are also starting to shift in the socio-political views and values too, and will also dispose of a lot of remnants of both the Old Left and the Old Right - throwing out many of the "new" values, the extremes of Political Correctness, the extremes of both social justice and injustice, creating sweeping reforms in their wake, and they will come to embrace this terminology, in part because it sounds so harsh, but also in part because of how much garbage they will be getting rid of as well.

What if you hate ALL social media?

I know, old timer, "don't use it" - but I already don't and only want to spread the word that one can live a full, productive, informed and happy life free of it.

---

"Garbage Generation" - There were the Baby Boomers, then Generation X, then the short-lived Generation Y, the Millennials, and finally the "Garbage Generation", but it's not quite what it sounds like - the GG are growing up with everything being disposable - and will generate more waste than the previous generations before them, but that's only part of it - in addition to all the disposables, they are also starting to shift in the socio-political views and values too, and will also dispose of a lot of remnants of both the Old Left and the Old Right - throwing out many of the "new" values, the extremes of Political Correctness, the extremes of both social justice and injustice, creating sweeping reforms in their wake, and they will come to embrace this terminology, in part because it sounds so harsh, but also in part because of how much garbage they will be getting rid of as well.
I'm still in the "Frontier Expo Thread" right? Everyone knows they can live a normal life without having to check your mate on instagram every 5 minutes, the fact that they don't want to do it is another thing and in the end they are entirely free to leave ve as they wish. If they want to live their entire lives in front of a monitor then they can do it, if they want to live everything without a single minute wasted on social media then that's totally ok too, what's not ok is bashing those that don't prefer such lifestyle.

Anyways I won't proceed to do further derailing, nice to see FD expanding to more social networks.

Last edited:
You're doing it yourself by the way. I assume you realised I'm poking some fairly gentle fun at the detrators. I'm 46. Age tells you nothing about a person.

I never said it did,what I meant by that was that it was expected to find people that were going to act the way they did.

And I did realized you weren't all that serious, sorry if any offense was taken.

Generations are meaningless borders drawn by marketing analysts.

Not a big fan of insta, really. However, I assume anything relevant will be reposted here in short order.

Trying to find information on Elite Dangerous nowadays is like a sidequest in Fallout series:

htBOHK2.png

It's another one of those social-advertising sites for the Garbage Generation.

The sooner we collectively turn our backs on these sorts of things and refuse to get our advertisements from them the sooner companies will go back to hosting their own things, in the own sites, and the internet will be a better place for it.

I bet your a great guest at dinner parties with that amazing personality of yours.

And Facebook IS the go-to Advertising Medium for the Garbage Generation to be sure - and combating the advertising industry is huge undertaking, but it can be done and won - embrace ad-blocking technology, do not click or purchase products shoved in your faces - let the numbers do the talking. When the advertisers see they are not getting results, they will get the message - they won't want it, but they will get it.
And of course, spreading the word also works wonders - as does not signing up or participating in these sort of events on things like Instaspam, (in your)Face(advertisement)book, or anywhere else for that matter.

One person cannot be an avalanche, but one person can start one.

Join the fight - win the war - say No to Advertisement.

Say no to those that push their beliefs on others even when it doesn't make sense. Without advertisement, say goodbye to everything you like to enjoy for entertainment. To include the Newspaper you probably read back in the day. Without ads, that paper wouldn't have been so cheap. It would have costed you a lot more than what you paid for it.

Last edited:
I bet your a great guest at dinner parties with that amazing personality of yours.

Not only am I an amazing dinner party guest, I'm an even more incredible host. But you'll never find out, with an attitude like that.
But that just means more Cristal Brut for everyone else.

Some things don't need ads to sell them - Remember that Rolls Royce ad from last year's Superbowl?

Achilles7

Banned
It's another one of those social-advertising sites for the Garbage Generation.

The sooner we collectively turn our backs on these sorts of things and refuse to get our advertisements from them the sooner companies will go back to hosting their own things, in the own sites, and the internet will be a better place for it.

I was going to join in with yoof-bashing for their superficial inanity...but then I realised I'm a 34 year old who uses emojis - D'oh! Embarrassed & that![blah]

Here Hear...

Bets nicely hedged there![big grin]

Top Bottom