Frontier have anointed chosen ones again...

Do people actually listen to influencers or "anointed" ones? I actively avoid almost all of them on Youtube.
I assume we will not find out the truth until actual normal, regular, real players get their hands on the game, or a beta comes out and I can see for myself.
to some degree, yes, they do...and they can have an immeasurable affect on their loyal audience.

Arthur Tolmie

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Hey All,

Firstly

It has come to my attention that there is talk of content creators and influencers having access to an ’Alpha program’ with regards to Odyssey.

I want to be clear that there is no such program in place at Frontier.

Working with content creators.

Part of my role at Frontier is working with existing and NEW content creators to spread the reach of Elite Dangerous and news regarding it.

Some of these initiatives are already in place and we are already working with creators to that end, as you may or may not have seen.

If you are interested in collaborating with us, Stephen posted in the forums (see link) in order for you to supply your details so we can take a look at your work.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/livestream-update-08-20.553150/page-2#post-8665685

There have been a lot of questions around what the criteria is for being considered and the short answer is there is nothing set. We look for creators that fit the initiative we are currently working on. If you are not selected, this is in no way a reflection on your work or our support of you.

This is a long road and we are only just beginning; a large part of the reason for switching the Elite Dangerous stream back to its own channels was, in large, due to our wish to support the community via hosting streams.

There are so many of our community that are truly talented and we are honestly flattered that you would like to work with us - where and when we can, we will find ways to do this.

-Arf

It has come to my attention that there is talk of content creators and influencers having access to an ’Alpha program’ with regards to Odyssey.

Thanks Arf

Just to say - I'm happy if streamers get an early look at the update and can share their views with us - seemed to work really well for Cyberpunk & Star Wars Squadrons. If you have no such program .. maybe you should consider it :)

(And don't worry about the forums - they're always unhappy when anyone else gets anything :ROFLMAO: )

Hey All,

Firstly

Part of my role at Frontier is working with existing and NEW content creators to spread the reach of Elite Dangerous and news regarding it.

Some of these initiatives are already in place and we are already working with creators to that end, as you may or may not have seen.

If you are interested in collaborating with us, Stephen posted in the forums (see link) in order for you to supply your details so we can take a look at your work.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/livestream-update-08-20.553150/page-2#post-8665685

There have been a lot of questions around what the criteria is for being considered and the short answer is there is nothing set. We look for creators that fit the initiative we are currently working on. If you are not selected, this is in no way a reflection on your work or our support of you.

This is a long road and we are only just beginning; a large part of the reason for switching the Elite Dangerous stream back to its own channels was, in large, due to our wish to support the community via hosting streams.

There are so many of our community that are truly talented and we are honestly flattered that you would like to work with us - where and when we can, we will find ways to do this.

-Arf

But... how..

Apart from the minor issues in the op this has nothing to do with the game so is not a serious issue. People have diverse views on the social media content creators on the forums so there was a chance to make an interesting discussion.

If anything, i would really like to know if you sent the yamicks one :) Can't wait for his next video if you did (or did not). heh heh heh

Hey All,

Firstly

-Arf

Well, as you have asked so nicely, I'm prepared to do a one-off stream for you.

I don't know what a stream is, but I presume it is a bit like giving a sample at the doctors.

My only request, is that you have to refer to me by my commander name, and not my forum name, else I may start an angry and speculative thread on the forums about it.

Also, can I haz your stuff?

Yours most graciously, but with zero humility,
The Hat :)

Deleted member 38366

D
Hey All,

Firstly

-Arf

Just one question, since that might take some "edge" out of the discussion :

- when Frontier "collaborates" with Content Creators or so-called Influencers... does Frontier provide anything material (Money, Hardware or anything equivalent) to these?

That's usually where alot of people draw a line. Clearing up this specific question might defuse the topic considerably.

Just one question, since that might take some "edge" out of the discussion :

- when Frontier "collaborates" with Content Creators or so-called Influencers... does Frontier provide anything material (Money, Hardware or anything equivalent) to these?

That's usually where alot of people draw a line. Clearing up this specific question might defuse the topic considerably.

Good point, and very pertinent.

I'd only mention that the thread wouldn't be nearly as much fun though :(

They don't provide money, hardware or anything equivalent. Just some gift bags.

The forum has gone a bit Mad Max with everyone clamouring for Immortan Joe to look at them.

WITNESS ME! NO ME! ME! short guy jumps up Meeeeeeee

e69731ba03affc7d6bc091bdc6ceeb55.gif

rasps

BUT DO NOT....BECOME ADDICTED... TO LIVESTREAMS OR STREAMERS...

164fd63f48dd76a0a575d8cd5524b349.gif

The forum has gone a bit Mad Max with everyone clamouring for Immortan Joe to look at them.

WITNESS ME! NO ME! ME! short guy jumps up Meeeeeeee

e69731ba03affc7d6bc091bdc6ceeb55.gif

rasps

BUT DO NOT....BECOME ADDICTED... TO LIVESTREAMS OR STREAMERS...

164fd63f48dd76a0a575d8cd5524b349.gif

So.... what you're really saying....is that Lord Dave is Immortal Joe?

I wouldn't know

i don't watch any

I have a motovlogging channel (Moto Mengy) and creating videos for YouTube is more work than it looks from a viewers perspective. The content creators who make Elite stuff put a lot of work into making the kinds of vids which help to keep the community updated and informed.

I don't think many people realize just HOW much work it is.

Top Bottom