Frontier Issues Tracker

I've run into multiple issue using the tracker, including being asked repeatedly to identify bicycles/fire hydrants/cars, being unable to log into my account using steam and being unable to confirm bug reports without meeting a minimum length for both description and reproduction steps. Which of these are intended behaviours / side-effects of the new system?
I believe the Issue Tracker was purposefully designed to discourage players from reporting bugs and reading those reports. We can't have bad press now, can we! Well it worked, as I gave up reporting bugs almost a year ago (whenever this horrid thing went live).

I wonder if Donald Trump has an issue tracker....

At the very, very least, a person should be hired to comment and dismiss the "bug" reports that clearly aren't. So many reports are just people misunderstanding the game. Wich for the most part falls back on FD, for lack of clarifying such issues as they arise.

I'm fairly certain 33%* of the issues on the tracker could be dismissed as invalid, and another 33%* could be merged.

*numbers taken carefully out of my arxe

At the very, very least, a person should be hired to comment and dismiss the "bug" reports that clearly aren't. So many reports are just people misunderstanding the game. Wich for the most part falls back on FD, for lack of clarifying such issues as they arise.

I'm fairly certain 33%* of the issues on the tracker could be dismissed as invalid, and another 33%* could be merged.

*numbers taken carefully out of my arxe
Check inara

We are a player faction that uses the BGS daily. We just equalized with an NPC faction in LTT 4337 & we cannot afford to have a buggy War & risk losing our station & the system. Evidently the CZs are not tracking the kills correctly & awarding Battle Won & I have heard from other sources that combat bonds are not counting. How will this be addressed???

We are a player faction that uses the BGS daily. We just equalized with an NPC faction in LTT 4337 & we cannot afford to have a buggy War & risk losing our station & the system. Evidently the CZs are not tracking the kills correctly & awarding Battle Won & I have heard from other sources that combat bonds are not counting. How will this be addressed???
I've fought several wars recently where CZs were bugged in one way or another.

It is the same issue for both sides. Therefore, while annoying, it is still a level playing field. Rise to the challenge of finding workarounds faster than your opposition ;)

It is the same issue for both sides. Therefore, while annoying, it is still a level playing field. Rise to the challenge of finding workarounds faster than your opposition ;)
recently as in yesterday?? I am speaking about the reported problems since the patch release - we did do a low CZ yesterday that allotted a Battle Won & we did win that war although it was in progress when the patch dropped. The medium was borked as it would not end however we were able to get the wing massacre done. Today was our 1st day in the major war I mentioned & we have been waiting for it. Just concerned & yes you are correct we just have to incorporate a workaround. Thanks for your input

The problem is that until we know exactly HOW it is broken there's very little we can do to find a work around.

For example, my faction has been busting our nuts in one system which we were winning 3-0. We left it at that as it appears we were uncontested. Checked back a day after the patch and we're now 3-2. Another system which we are in a War state is one we don't really care whether we lose or not so haven't even fired a single shot. We're winning that one 2-0!

We simply don't know what is wrong so we can't counter it other than possibly taking non-combat War-related missions such as data couriering or taking out ground station power generators. I've been doing a few of them today but I daren't stop doing the CZs as well just in case inaction is worse than action.

It's a bleedin' mess!

Progress in areas of armed uprisings is not displayed. In the signals with the goals of the wing tasks to destroy the NPC, the enemy is duplicated, for two pilots exactly. There were two "famous pirates" with the same names. In a mission to destroy 30 pirates, my friend flew into the signal, destroyed the pirates and flew out to the super cruise, after which I flew into the same signal and the enemy appeared again for me.

Crash reports are like talking into a black hole. Just like bug reports, apparently. Anyone else experienced my current problem : taking off from a planet, always crash to desktop when about to enter SC. I can fly around. re-land, drive my SRV, but can't leave the damn planet!

EDIT : May have found a fix - installed newer graphics drivers and changed a few graphics properties, on the basis that invoking SC may have done something related to the graphics processor burden. On the other hand, could be something entirely different, since I also changed the target star to a clearly-visible one, and fired up FSD instead of SC. Still crashed to desktop AFTER entering hyperjump, but after rebooting the game I was at the target star. Whatever .... after 2 days of trying, finally fixed. My experience hopefully may help someone else.

Last edited:
The problem is in beta 3.7 when approaching phenomena. The ship's speed changes dramatically.

Ship: Anaconda with FSD engineer to level 5
System:Gru Eork UG-K d9-16

Please check it. Thank you in advance :)

CMDR John J Lee

Hi i'm experiencing a connection issue as sometime during a trade run halfway through a FSD to target system the game disconnected crashed and though the launcher says the server is ok i can't connect back into the game and the can't connect to server warning shows in the bottom left of main menu screen.

This crash/disconnecting is after the ten hours server shutdown so the Fleet-carrier update can be installed and the one hour for the downloading of said update to play the game and then the game crashes/disconnect what a waste of a day THANK YOU Frontier for your patch breaking the game.

Not sure if either of these are a 'Bug' or 'As Expected'.

Logging in after the Fleet Carrier update. I have read through the "what's in the update", but did not find anything referencing my 'new' experience.

So all of my missions that I had completed last night, but was to tired to turn in (including a 30 mil Wing Massacre mission) are gone. I have some of the stuff I collected (black boxes, etc) from additional missions, but the are in my cargo bay and have to be sold at the BlackMarket (should I, or will the missions be 'returned')? Having not been been around during the last big update, not sure if this is 'expected' behavior or not.

Additionally,all Bookmarks (personal and Squadron) have changed color in the Galaxy Map; and, all Squadron Bookmarks no longer exist. I am thinking that this maybe because of the fix to Squadron Bookmarks for Fleet Carriers, but not sure. Will they be restored, or should I let my Squadron Mates know that we will need to rebuild them?

NOTE: Looks like all of the Squadron Bookmarks have returned (and stayed 'green' in color (not sure I am a fan of the new 'orange' color for personal bookmarks either)).

2nd NOTE: I decided to continue with 'normal play', however, I am unable to sell (via a Black Market) the 3 Black Boxes (that were from a mission that was wiped out).

3rd NOTE: I am getting notifications of 'Incoming Critical Message' - but only actually receiving about 1/3 of them.

4th NOTE: Finally just got logged back on. SO, all of my missions that I had from last night (new ones), are gone (at least I did not lose the work I did in getting access to Zacariah Nemo) - however, I did get back all of my pre-update missions back (failed on, but no worries). <shoulder shrug>
OH, and all of the Squadron Bookmarks have been removed......or so I thought. Once I opened the Squadron page, then back to the Galaxy map, they all showed back up again.

Last edited:
Not sure if either of these are a 'Bug' or 'As Expected'.

Logging in after the Fleet Carrier update. I have read through the "what's in the update", but did not find anything referencing my 'new' experience.

So all of my missions that I had completed last night, but was to tired to turn in (including a 30 mil Wing Massacre mission) are gone. I have some of the stuff I collected (black boxes, etc) from additional missions, but the are in my cargo bay and have to be sold at the BlackMarket (should I, or will the missions be 'returned')? Having not been been around during the last big update, not sure if this is 'expected' behavior or not.

Additionally,all Bookmarks (personal and Squadron) have changed color in the Galaxy Map; and, all Squadron Bookmarks no longer exist. I am thinking that this maybe because of the fix to Squadron Bookmarks for Fleet Carriers, but not sure. Will they be restored, or should I let my Squadron Mates know that we will need to rebuild them?
Don't play the day BEFORE Patch Day, either.

Not being a rabid engineering pilot, I don't recall this before.

I wanted to engineer 3 of my 0A shield boosters (all 3 the same type). I brought the first one up to lvl4, then switched to the 2nd of 3 boosters, and had to start over unlocking them again at lvl1 blueprint as lvl2 and above were locked again! Is this normal behaviour?

I would think that if I've unlocked to lvl 4 on "a" shield booster .. it'd be ALL shield boosters .. not just that one specific one.

Top Bottom