Frontier Issues Tracker

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Hayo Coaster Friends!

As part of our efforts to upgrade our forums and feedback process, we are excited to share the details of our brand new Issues Tracker with you!

The Issues Tracker is a new website that will replace the current forum system of reporting bugs with one that puts the power in your hands. The new Issues Tracker will not only make it easier to report new bugs and issues to us but will also help make clear to us which issues matter most to you.

Awesome New Features
  • Search for existing reports using keywords
  • Contribute to other players' reported issues
  • Vote Up the confirmed Issues that matter most to highlight their importance
  • See what the Top Issues are
  • Follow all the progress from your own reports on a dedicated 'My Issues' page

How the Issue Tracker works
  • Login with your Frontier Account
  • You report an issue to us
    • The issue will be listed on our tracker in an 'Unconfirmed' status
    • Other players who are experiencing the same issue can contribute confirmation towards your issue
    • Once enough confirmations are received the Issue will be flagged as confirmed and people can begin voting on it
    • You can upload images to help support your case in your report
  • You have 4 votes to spend on issues that you feel are important.
    • Voting on an issue will raise its awareness and importance
    • Votes do not replenish until an Issue is resolved
    • You can remove your vote from an issue at any time
  • You can track the progress of all your issues on the 'My Issues' page and a search function allows you to find the Issues you are interested in quickly and easily

The Bug Report forums are set to be archived. Reports created from the 28th March up until the launch of the Issues Tracker will be added there by us, so we can ensure they are reviewed in the new system. All bugs from before the 25th March are being reviewed and added to internal tracking system when deemed they need to be.

At launch all reports you make will be shown under your Frontier ID rather than a display name but we may look to retroactively alter this to your forum display name in a future update.

We're excited to be launching this new site for you, to ensure that the Issues that matter most get the focus they deserve. We're aiming to launch the site at the beginning of April and will share all details with you once it's ready to go! Thank you all for your reports and support so far!

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Thanks for the info, Paul!

I hope this enables Frontier to resolve any issues even better. :)

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I have some feedback about the Issues Tracker;

I think that the font and white space could be optimised so that more issues can be displayed on the screen at a time. It's only 5 issues per page right now. I think it would be helpful to have more issues per page, since that probably enables a better overview of issues, which in turn will enable users to see more easily which issues have been reported without browsing through a huge number of pages.

How about the old bugs? Are they still being looked into? I posted a bug in the old forum on 23th of March. How do I know this bug isn't being forgotten?

"The Bug Report forums are set to be archived. Reports created from the 28th March up until the launch of the Issues Tracker will be added there by us, so we can ensure they are reviewed in the new system. All bugs from before the 25th March are being reviewed and added to internal tracking system when deemed they need to be."

@Joël

That would unclutter it a lot, the problem that remains is mainly with the PlanCo section, the Issue Tracker is dependent on popular votes, and the other topics go under with ED in it. Maybe separate them from another? Plus login isn't working, for me at least. haven't tried in a week, though. I'll retry later.

You know, I used to check the old Bug Reports all the time, at least a couple times a week. Usually not to report my own bugs, but to see what things others were experiencing, and to sometimes chime in if it was something I'd noticed as well, even if relatively minor.

Since it's been moved I haven't checked but once or twice.

It's no longer convenient and something I easily checked just as I check out everything else in the forum. It's another extra step and one I admittedly just don't bother to do. And personally the 'voting' system I don't care for. I'm not sure if others are more conscientious about stopping by than I am, but I'm wondering if participation is as good as it used to be anymore? Like many I've learned to work around some of the game's quirks, and where in the past I might have posted "oh yeah, I've seen that too..." if I spotted something, now, I don't even see initial bug reports anymore, let alone take time to 'vote' on a bugs importance.

Just my humble opinion, it way work wonders for others.

You know, I used to check the old Bug Reports all the time, at least a couple times a week. Usually not to report my own bugs, but to see what things others were experiencing, and to sometimes chime in if it was something I'd noticed as well, even if relatively minor.

Since it's been moved I haven't checked but once or twice.

It's no longer convenient and something I easily checked just as I check out everything else in the forum. It's another extra step and one I admittedly just don't bother to do. And personally the 'voting' system I don't care for. I'm not sure if others are more conscientious about stopping by than I am, but I'm wondering if participation is as good as it used to be anymore? Like many I've learned to work around some of the game's quirks, and where in the past I might have posted "oh yeah, I've seen that too..." if I spotted something, now, I don't even see initial bug reports anymore, let alone take time to 'vote' on a bugs importance.

Just my humble opinion, it way work wonders for others.
Fully agree! It´s a wasteland over there and the whole set-up of the pages are designed to be as user-unfriendly and complicated as possible.
The whole issue tracker can´t be accessed via Firefox, you have to learn how to navigate the site without throwing your head against a wall.
Discussion about issues is actually impossible as you never know who has replied.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I've taken a brief look at the Issue Tracker > Planet Coaster issues, and came across this one;

Last update posted on 11 April 2019 with the request to resolve the issue since it's not Planet Coaster but Elite Dangerous. As it stands right now (21 May) the issue is still listed as 'confirming', not resolved/deleted but it seems to be 'open'.

Personally I think it would be helpful if reported issues get checked by Support staff from time to time to see if they can be resolved/closed or if they need any more information/action from the user or the support team. That way old (possibly resolved/expired/otherwise changed) reports can be cleaned up so that the list of active reports can stay up to date.

Top Bottom