Frontier please add animations for boarding ships and have the ability to walk around in our cockpits.

If you look at Elite as a ten-year game cycle (and more, if they keep the DLC coming), then why wouldn't we get cinematics and the like further down the track?

Maybe it's because I'm old and have been gaming for 4+ decades, but I expect games to develop slowly and get new features doled out bit by bit. Although in most cases the most ambitious games never seem to get released, and the ones that do release are up to 'Alien Slayer Deluxe 4' before you've even noticed 2 and 3 were out. Dump the previous one and slap a new version number on it won't work with Elite.

The problem is, Elite has a load of different features already, and players new to the game seem to think they were all added over a couple of weekends of beer and hammering on the keyboard.

If I want to build massive bases and create endless ships and SRVs I play Space Engineers. If I want to grow crops I play Farming Simulator. If I want to stare at ship interiors and click door buttons I load up Star Citizen. Dead Space and Alien Isolation give me that creepy aliens in space vibe.

Maybe some of those features will come to Elite down the track, but not all at once in a single DLC.

For you. It would get old fast and slow everything down for you! For me it would sustain the illusion of living in the world, just like the SRV lifting up, or the SLF leaving the ship.

How about, we add the anim but lose the pointless running across the empty concourse to the lift that only goes to one place but we still need to select that place. Any time lost on the anim would be suitably regained from the walk from the ship to the main concourse where the shops and landleg missions (which, thinking about it, could all be done from the ships main console thus negating the need to even get off the ship).
Boss, did you miss the first line of my post?
give me the game time saving blue circle as an option, and the rest is up to FDev.
I've all ready contributed in the Suggestion forum that we should be able to do everything from the ship console. But that is actually contrary to what you want, isn't it? You want the entire reality of 'legs'? You can't have it both ways.

The part you have not considered yet is that while that 'animation' is playing, you are able to be shot. This happens now with SRVs. (doh!) It's not just an animation. It's a physical transition. You are moving from outside to inside and the longer the transition is, the more vulnerable to fire you are. The more vulnerable you're ship is.

I see absolutely no reason to frollick in the interior of a ship. I have no need for my tune to be exposed to enemy fire.

I get how fired up some of you are, but remember that at the end of the day this is a game where time is literally credits, reputation, and BGS influence.

Boss, did you miss the first line of my post?
Yea, apologies for that, and I'm all for options - a blue circle, teleport direct or run up a ramp. Have mission givers for both space and land available in both the ship and concourse (tho' please be rid of the non floating rubbish in 0G stations) and I get that different people have different ... wants, when it comes to gameplay.

o7 and :alien:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNoCDvJpmPU

I've all ready contributed in the Suggestion forum that we should be able to do everything from the ship console. But that is actually contrary to what you want, isn't it? You want the entire reality of 'legs'? You can't have it both ways.
I would like to be able to get missions from my ship - it just doesn't make sense that I have to get out of the cockpit.
BUT, if I do decide to get out of my ship, I want to er .. get out .. i.e. go down (or up) those steps. What we have now is an incoherent half way house that nobody really likes.

and if they did that, it's would be a renewed call to force everyone into open,

I like the concept of open, I just don't like the implementation. There needs to be proper in-game crime and punishment for those who hunt and destroy human players who are minding their own business in peaceful gameplay.

A separate, ever-bigger, non-removable galaxy-wide bounty and the precise location of the top 20 most-wanted commanders would be a good start. (Scan for them when you get to their system, tag them in the contacts.) That would lead to gameplay where 'lawful' PVP pilots could go after them, leading to fairer combat between high-level pilots. You'd have to prevent the wanted pilots just blocking everyone chasing them, though. And also stop a fellow pirate just blowing them up, claiming the bounty and resetting everything with a rebuy.

Or you could have higher-price rebuys for killers - the ship, plus the cost of the outstanding bounties (which is transferred to whoever kills them)

Anyway, I don't do PVP and I play private group so it's all noise to me. I'm just coming up with ideas off the top of my head while my ship is in supercruise.

Deleted member 110222

D
I handed over money on the basis of this sort of information that Frontier supplied. Yes, I understand how stupid that sounds, now.

If you asked me to hand over money to support your weight loss, guess what my answer would be. I ain't that stupid, now :)

I think the underlying point is that if people expect ship interiors, it's because Frontier said they were coming.
Why on earth would you hand over money for a thing that does not exist yet?

I am glad you have learned your lesson.

Why on earth would you hand over money for a thing that does not exist yet?
Frontier sort of implied that unless we handed over some cash to show we were invested, ED wasn't going to happen, so emotional blackmal really.

Then they sweetened the deal by saying a OS X version would be coming too (though they didn't mention how soon it would be going).

Deleted member 110222

D
Frontier sort of implied that unless we handed over some cash to show we were invested, ED wasn't going to happen, so emotional blackmal really.

Then they sweetened the deal by saying a OS X version would be coming too (though they didn't mention how soon it would be going).
Again, lesson learned, I would hope.

Never, ever pay for a product that doesn't actually exist yet. You are only setting yourself up for disappointment and anger.

Deleted member 110222

D
How do you create a thing that doesn't exist without money ?
Erm... You know how businesses have worked for centuries, right?

Typically, they don't ask for money from customers until they have a product to sell.

They generally start after the founders of said business invest their own cash into their venture to get things going...

smartpepe.jpg

Top Bottom